LAD
    Preview
    10:15 PM ET
Page 102 of 119 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,617 to 1,632 of 1890

Thread: Vidya Games Chat

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I like Ciri as a character but I'd much rather play as Geralt. Caranthir was pretty tough.

Speaking of the Wild Hunt, I recently finished replaying the first Witcher game and there, the Wild Hunt are represented as wraiths. You actually "fight" Eredin (who is never named) at one point and he's a legit wraith. The wild Hunt are only wraiths according to peasants, though, Witchers would be aware that they are actually Aen Elle.

Kind of annoying. Not like they made the story up on the fly, either.
    I'm definitely not a fan of inconsistencies like that. Hmm... I wonder why they chose to present it that way in the first one.

I wouldn't mind playing the first two at some point. I tried playing #2 on my PC, but it was too choppy and laggy. My PC is getting quite old now, so I'd have to upgrade before I could tackle them.

Ciri is a pretty bad-ass character, no doubt. But, yeah, give me Geralt any day.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,911 Times in 1,760 Posts

Elon Musk has great taste in video games. Deus Ex 1 is top 10 forever for me.

Thanks
    So the Nintendo Switch is coming out 3rd March. Headlines from Nintendo's live presentation:

Zelda BotW is a day one release.

3rd party games include FIFA and Skyrim.

New Mario game is called Mario Odyssey - sounds a bit like Sonic Adventure with a pseudo open world.

New sequels include Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

New remasters include Mario Kart 8 and Street Fighter 2 (!).

Controllers have a touchscreen.

$399 Canadian.

Top 100 Prospect TholesWeirdEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    So the Nintendo Switch is coming out 3rd March. Headlines from Nintendo's live presentation:

Zelda BotW is a day one release.

3rd party games include FIFA and Skyrim.

New Mario game is called Mario Odyssey - sounds a bit like Sonic Adventure with a pseudo open world.

New sequels include Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

New remasters include Mario Kart 8 and Street Fighter 2 (!).

Controllers have a touchscreen.

$399 Canadian.

Hard pass.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TholesWeirdEye View Post
    Hard pass.
    Not sure why Nintendo is putting out a new system already.
    The Wii U isn't that old, and the # of games that they put out was a severe disappointment. Going to be a long time before I consider another Nintendo console.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

TholesWeirdEye (01-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 975 Posts
    The switch looks very gimmicky again, and it still looks like Nintedo is content with crappy graphics.

But Zelda looks fucking amazing. Seriously looking forward to it. I'll likely just but it for my WiiU since it releases for both systems simultaneously.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stangstag For This Useful Post:

intentional wok (01-19-2017),SirBJay (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,216 Times in 4,497 Posts
    People need to let Nintendo consoles die so that we can enjoy Nintendo franchises on better systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Nintendo's hardware is so quirky and niche that they're bound to continue to alienate big money developers who justifiably just want to make stuff with relative ease for the three other platforms. The Wii U has an unfortunately small library though and I'm admittedly pretty disappointed to see it get pushed out the door like this, but I understand why Nintendo need to cut their losses and move on. Their ability to make games is still up there though. If I had to pick my favourite 10 or so games from the last decade I'd bet three or four would be Wii U games.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 821 Posts
    For Skyrim players, is there an advantage to maxing the light armor traits? I'm looking to go the archer route but most of the negatives for the heavy armor sets seem to be taken care of by the end if you just max out that tree
    #FireCasey

Thanks
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 959 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    For Skyrim players, is there an advantage to maxing the light armor traits? I'm looking to go the archer route but most of the negatives for the heavy armor sets seem to be taken care of by the end if you just max out that tree
    Depends on the type of archer you are. A tank archer with heavy is fine, but light works best with most builds. Also look into the bound bow (spell can be found as early as level one if you know where to find it).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyborg For This Useful Post:

jays_fever (01-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Depends on the type of archer you are. A tank archer with heavy is fine, but light works best with most builds. Also look into the bound bow (spell can be found as early as level one if you know where to find it).
    Have you gone the archer route before? The sneak/archer build seems to be the most popular one from what I've read but the hide/shoot/hide/shoot route seems pretty lame
    #FireCasey

Thanks
    Resident Evil 7 doesn't really appeal to me, so I've just started replaying Resident Evil 4 instead.

I'd forgotten how good 4 is. I really liked 5 which has much better graphics, but the co-op themed gameplay just isn't as good.

I really, really hope the Resident Evil 2 remake is a 3rd person over the shoulder style game like 4-6.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,951 Times in 4,453 Posts
    Resident Evil 4 might be in my top 3 games of all time.

Resident Evil 5 and 6 were complete and utter trash.

I really like that RE7 went in a new direction, back to the game's horror roots, with some modernization. I won't be paying $70 for it though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Resident Evil 4 might be in my top 3 games of all time.

Resident Evil 5 and 6 were complete and utter trash.

I really like that RE7 went in a new direction, back to the game's horror roots, with some modernization. I won't be paying $70 for it though.
    That's harsh on 5 especially, it has a lot of good things, the first few levels are especially good, and upgrading the weapons is fun. If you simply treat your co-op partner as an inventory box for ammo then it's essentially similar gameplay to 4.

6 has some good bits (I really liked the first half of Leon's campaign) but is let down quite a bit by repeatedly needing to defeat the same bosses over and over.

Thanks
    I haven't played the newer games but I love the old ones. TBH, it seems like a bit of a waste to me to take a bona fide classic like Resident Evil 2 and update it to be more like a regular shooting game. So many games are about shooting these days it seems a shame to take something that was originally about solving problems and surviving by conserving resources and remove the features that made it unique.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    I haven't played the newer games but I love the old ones. TBH, it seems like a bit of a waste to me to take a bona fide classic like Resident Evil 2 and update it to be more like a regular shooting game. So many games are about shooting these days it seems a shame to take something that was originally about solving problems and surviving by conserving resources and remove the features that made it unique.
    2 is my favourite of the series, but 4 has my favourite gameplay. I personally think 2 remade with pretty much the same gameplay, but the new camera angle makes a remake something I'd want to play.

TBF a lot of the time in the originals, you'd not shoot because of the terrible aiming / awkward camera angles. I remember regularly ending the games with tons of ammo left over!

One of the dlc episodes from 5 is set in a recreation of the spencer mansion, and can be played in the old fixed camera angle - worth checking out for some nostalgia!