• DET
    ATL
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYY
    PHI
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • WSH
    STL
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • PIT
    TB
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    BOS
    Preview
    1:07 PM ET
  • NYM
    HOU
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    ARI
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • OAK
    CWS
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • CHC
    CLE
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • CIN
    MIL
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • TEX
    SD
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • SEA
    KC
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • COL
    SF
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • MIN
    BAL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • MIA
    WSH
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • LAA
    SEA
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,616 of 1799

Thread: Vidya Games Chat

  1. #1601
    All Star Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,039
    Thanks
    474
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 945 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    I picked up Skyrim for Xbox One yesterday off Amazon. For $30 you're not going to get a better game at that price.
    Many would argue the Witcher. Which was also $30.

  2. #1602
    All Star jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,699
    Thanks
    1,377
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Many would argue the Witcher. Which was also $30.
    Already have the Witcher 3 haha.

  3. #1603
    Blue Chip Prospect canadiansportsjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,425
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 127 Times in 101 Posts
    That humble thing is offering assassins creed games if you donate

  4. #1604
    Big Leaguer 43211234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,887
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 634 Posts
    Hunter Pence streaming Magic the Gathering right now: https://www.twitch.tv/hunterpence

  5. #1605
    Prospect TholesWeirdEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Breese, Illinois
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 74 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 43211234 View Post
    Hunter Pence streaming Magic the Gathering right now: https://www.twitch.tv/hunterpence
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8

  6. #1606
    MVP intentional wok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,510
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 2,879 Times in 1,740 Posts
    My girlfriend wanted to play Skyrim again so she suggested we create and play a character together. Now we're running around smashing people and arguing about whether or not we can afford magic gloves to swing the weapons better. She da best.

    There also seems to be a lot of new content in the game that I don't remember? I haven't played the thing since like 2012 though, so who knows.

  7. #1607
    Blue Chip Prospect Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    922
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 189 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    My girlfriend wanted to play Skyrim again so she suggested we create and play a character together. Now we're running around smashing people and arguing about whether or not we can afford magic gloves to swing the weapons better. She da best.

    There also seems to be a lot of new content in the game that I don't remember? I haven't played the thing since like 2012 though, so who knows.
    If you're playing the special edition it includes all the DLC. Even the vanilla version has 100's of hours of content, random encounters, unmarked locations etc.

    There's also a mod called Skyrim uncut which adds in lots of things that are in the game files but were not included in the released version. Example - if you've ever done the quest where you locate a master chef, the pub he stays in is now part of a village, not an isolated building.

  8. #1608
    MVP intentional wok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,510
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 2,879 Times in 1,740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    If you're playing the special edition it includes all the DLC. Even the vanilla version has 100's of hours of content, random encounters, unmarked locations etc.

    There's also a mod called Skyrim uncut which adds in lots of things that are in the game files but were not included in the released version. Example - if you've ever done the quest where you locate a master chef, the pub he stays in is now part of a village, not an isolated building.
    We're playing the PS3 version (yeah laugh it up), but we have all the extra stuff bought up from back when it came out. I actually have the game + the special edition on Steam too but she doesn't want to play in our much smaller computer room. Right now we're working on building a house. I didn't even know you could do that!

  9. #1609
    Prospect TholesWeirdEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Breese, Illinois
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 74 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    We're playing the PS3 version (yeah laugh it up), but we have all the extra stuff bought up from back when it came out. I actually have the game + the special edition on Steam too but she doesn't want to play in our much smaller computer room. Right now we're working on building a house. I didn't even know you could do that!
    I'll trade you a PS4 for some stir fry.

  10. #1610
    MVP intentional wok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,510
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 2,879 Times in 1,740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TholesWeirdEye View Post
    I'll trade you a PS4 for some stir fry.
    This would be a really bad trade for you.

  11. #1611
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,577
    Thanks
    1,830
    Thanked 7,042 Times in 4,377 Posts
    This is pretty late but I didn't have a proper PC to play it...the new Doom is freaking awesome. The combat is so intense, smooth and fun and there's a very interesting and enticing progression system.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.

  12. #1612
    Blue Chip Prospect Sorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    907
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 242 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    This is pretty late but I didn't have a proper PC to play it...the new Doom is freaking awesome. The combat is so intense, smooth and fun and there's a very interesting and enticing progression system.
    Yeah it was probably the second best game of 2016 for me. Stardew Valley was number one, I dropped 92 hours in the first fucking week. My partner was not amused as we were wedding planning at that time and I was thinking about how to maximize crop growth for profit, le sigh.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorrow For This Useful Post:

    Pinkfloid (01-10-2017)

  14. #1613
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,577
    Thanks
    1,830
    Thanked 7,042 Times in 4,377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Yeah it was probably the second best game of 2016 for me. Stardew Valley was number one, I dropped 92 hours in the first fucking week. My partner was not amused as we were wedding planning at that time and I was thinking about how to maximize crop growth for profit, le sigh.
    Hilarious, my GF used to constantly bitch at me for how much I was playing Stardew Valley...Then she started playing it and last night I had to tell her to go to bed at 2 am, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

    Pinkfloid (01-10-2017),Spanky99 (01-08-2017)

  16. #1614
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    31,069
    Thanks
    34,816
    Thanked 6,690 Times in 5,153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Hilarious, my GF used to constantly bitch at me for how much I was playing Stardew Valley...Then she started playing it and last night I had to tell her to go to bed at 2 am, lol.
    That's hilarious.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    Pinkfloid (01-10-2017)

  18. #1615
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,789
    Thanks
    1,834
    Thanked 752 Times in 529 Posts
    So I was late to the party, but I finally started playing The Witcher 3 somewhat recently. Anyway, I beat the main quest last night.

    *SPOILER ALERT?*

    Did anyone else have way more trouble battling Caranthir than Eredin? I was stuck on Caranthir for a few hours (got frustrated many times), but took Eredin down on the first attempt.

  19. #1616
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,577
    Thanks
    1,830
    Thanked 7,042 Times in 4,377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    So I was late to the party, but I finally started playing The Witcher 3 somewhat recently. Anyway, I beat the main quest last night.

    *SPOILER ALERT?*

    Did anyone else have way more trouble battling Caranthir than Eredin? I was stuck on Caranthir for a few hours (got frustrated many times), but took Eredin down on the first attempt.
    Yeah, I agree. I like Ciri as a character but I'd much rather play as Geralt. Caranthir was pretty tough.

    Speaking of the Wild Hunt, I recently finished replaying the first Witcher game and there, the Wild Hunt are represented as wraiths. You actually "fight" Eredin (who is never named) at one point and he's a legit wraith. The wild Hunt are only wraiths according to peasants, though, Witchers would be aware that they are actually Aen Elle.

    Kind of annoying. Not like they made the story up on the fly, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •