Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128
Results 2,033 to 2,046 of 2046

Thread: Vidya Games Chat

Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Haven't played it, but Prey looks amazing. Seems like something anyone who liked Bioshock would enjoy. Or even Dead Space.
    I tried the demo and it seems excellent. Another good comparison is System Shock. If you like System Shock then it's as close to literally impossible that you'll dislike Prey. Similar scavenging for materials and skills trees, which is not unlike Bioshock, but the big difference is exploring your own way across the space station. BS is a lot more guided. Another point in its favour is that it's done by the Dishonored team, who totally rule.

KevinGregg, if you like stealth games I recommend either of the two recent Deus Ex games (Human Revolution and Mankind Divided) and Dishonored 1 and 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Barnes insouciance on the mound makes him a terminator.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to intentional wok For This Useful Post:

KevinGregg (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    I ended up borrowing fallout 4 from a friend. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone I now have a long list of games to play.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,366 Times in 882 Posts
    I'm really struggling with Dettlaff in the Blood & Wine expansion.

Ready to give up!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,556 Times in 4,707 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    I'm really struggling with Dettlaff in the Blood & Wine expansion.

Ready to give up!
    Shit, I forgot that fight but I remember it being pretty tricky as well. Idk if you're playing on Death March but I finished on Blood and Broken Bones!

He a bitch for sho though. Did you smash Syanna?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Shit, I forgot that fight but I remember it being pretty tricky as well. Idk if you're playing on Death March but I finished on Blood and Broken Bones!

He a bitch for sho though. Did you smash Syanna?
    Yep, I chucked it in 'er. Good times.

I'm not playing on Death March, but holy fuck, is Dettlaff one tough son of a bitch! Easily the hardest character in the game. For the last few days, I've been giving it a whirl on the reg, but I die two or three times and then quit. It's so frustrating - he just crushes me.

Thanks
    Yep, I chucked it in 'er. Good times.

I'm not playing on Death March, but holy fuck, is Dettlaff one tough son of a bitch! Easily the hardest character in the game. For the last few days, I've been giving it a whirl on the reg, but I die two or three times and then quit. It's so frustrating - he just crushes me.
    it will feel nice when you finally beat him
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    I know this isn't really an unpopular opinion or anything, but I truly fucking loathe Ubisoft. I got FC3 on the last Steam sale and didn't realize that this abortion of a company had its claws dug in. Every other game on steam, just launch and play. Ubisoft? No, you need to download and install Uplay and don't you even fucking dare try playing our games without having to go through this unnecessary hassle. I don't even know what Uplay is or what it does, and I fail to see why they need to make it so fucking hard to play the game I paid for. Now I'm getting an error every time I try to launch because, surprise!, there's some kind of error with Uplay not finding a certain .dll. So now I have to go investigate this fucking problem just so that I can play a game that I've already installed and paid for.

I am going to make a conscious effort to avoid Ubisoft in the future. They are probably just as cancerous as EA.

Thanks
    it will feel nice when you finally beat him
    I haven't played since that post, but yeah, it will be truly a glorious day when that happens. I'm going to try to make time for it this weekend.

Thanks
    I haven't played since that post, but yeah, it will be truly a glorious day when that happens. I'm going to try to make time for it this weekend.
    I've beaten him before, let me see if I can re-do that fight and try to provide some advice.

Thanks
    I've beaten him before, let me see if I can re-do that fight and try to provide some advice.
    That would be fantastic. I appreciate it.

What level are you? I'm at 49.

Thanks
    That would be fantastic. I appreciate it.

What level are you? I'm at 49.
    I was level 54. Ok, I beat him again. I'm going to assume that you're having trouble with the second phase because the other two are fairly easy.

The second phase is basically wholly dependent on your patience and ability to dodge. I kept white raffard's and swallow in my potion slots and after a couple tries managed to finish the second phase with practically no damage. So he randomly does three different things: Summons the swarm of bats (easily the hardest part), charges at you (reasonably easy to avoid) and comes down. You're basically just waiting for the third one. The bats you can dodge if you wait for that silence right before he releases them, if you roll twice you should avoid getting hit (that's what I found, anyway). When he charges, just dodge before the last thing he does. When he comes down, be careful not to roll too far away because you'll want to get in as much damage as possible, and there's also a trap that is black-ish and will keep you immobilized if you fail to avoid it. If you can avoid the other two actions Detlaff does, you can stay in there until he goes up even though you'll take some damage. It should only take a couple of times of him coming down for you to deal enough damage to him. If you do roll too far away, don't try to go in. You can chuck some bombs but just take the L and wait for the next one. Not worth the damage you'll likely take for what you're gonna put out.

The third phase isn't very hard, but I don't want to spoil it. Obviously make sure you've got your superior vampire oil on. I wouldn't bother with any potions or decoctions that increase damage because Detlaff is fairly squishy. Hitting him is the hard part.

Also, not sure if you did this, but right when Regis and Detlaff are fighting, you can save the game before rushing in to help.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

P2F (07-14-2017)

Thanks
    Phase 1 is basically a cakewalk. You're right, it's phase 2 that has me baffled and frustrated.

Thanks so much for the tips, dude. I'll defo reference this and give them a try.

And yes, I did save it there after about the third time having to skip through the cinematic scenes. It was pretty annoying.

Thanks
    There's now a free 10 hour trial for Mass Effect Andromeda on console and PC.

I'm going to try it out to see if post release patches have improved it at all, after its poor day one reviews.

Thanks
    Doom (the modern one) is free to play on Xbox One from now for the weekend.