Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134
Results 2,129 to 2,144 of 2144

Thread: Vidya Games Chat

Thanks
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Interesting, it's been years since I played 4 but couldnt you say the same about that one?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    Interesting, it's been years since I played 4 but couldnt you say the same about that one?
    The biggest differences between 4 and 5 are the co-op and the inventory system.

5 isn't as good a single player game because your AI controlled partner is useless and annoying (e.g. constantly trying to heal you and wasting valuable healing items).

The inventory system in 4 is intuitive and works well, you still have to manage it (which prevents you from being overpowered) but it feels like true progression as you upgrade it going through the game. 5's inventory system is stupid. An egg takes up the same space as a sniper rifle, and you never upgrade your space - in fact once you have access to body armour, that takes a space so you have even less room!

Still despite that I like 5 a lot. In single player you can just treat your partner as extra ammo inventory space and as you say co-op with a person is a lot of fun. I also prefer the story in 5 as it's connected to the lore. And seriously, 4's story is absolute nonsense - to be fair most RE storylines are but because 4 is effectively standalone, it stands out as the worst IMO.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

silvergun (09-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 659 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Took me a while to realize landing on the outskirts of the map is a bad idea. Forces you to relocate to much
    Nah, it's fine. Just look for a vehicle as you're parachuting. One of the best strategies is to find a car right away and drive to a good loot area that couldn't be reached from the plane.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 886 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 43211234 View Post
    Nah, it's fine. Just look for a vehicle as you're parachuting. One of the best strategies is to find a car right away and drive to a good loot area that couldn't be reached from the plane.
    Hmm, I'll give that a try. I just started playing on Thursday so still learning everything.
    #FireCasey

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,498 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Just in case anyone is interested, NCIX has two slightly older Xbox 360 games on sale in the extreme deals of the day. Batman: arkham origins for $8.99, Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag for $8.99

Thanks
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,850 Posts
    Been playing a LOT of Skyrim lately, and there's a really cool project called Beyond Skyrim (https://beyondskyrim.org) and they plan to have every province in Tamriel fully realized before ES VI comes out. So far, they have part of Cyrodiil (Bruma and surrounding area) and it's all fully voiced with new monsters and weapons and alchemy reagents. Plus technically free though I should get around to donating.

Definitely one of my favourite games ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

P2F (10-15-2017)

Thanks
    Disappointing:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,281 Posts
    If nobody has played Middle Earth: Shadow Of War you really should. And the original which is fantastic as well.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Gran Turisnmo Sport was released today on PS4.

I haven't picked it up yet but the beta footage and gameplay I've seen was amazing
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Is anyone well versed in Papyrus scripting? I'm trying to make a house mod for Skyrim but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a script for autosorting items into different containers at the push of an activator.
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

MVP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Is anyone well versed in Papyrus scripting? I'm trying to make a house mod for Skyrim but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a script for autosorting items into different containers at the push of an activator.
    Never looked into it, but generally in programming you can take a well-defined algorithm (and there's lots for sorting in general) and simply write them in the language you're working in.

MVP
    Thanks
    Btw, there's some games on sale right now from Steam that look kind of interesting. Dirt Rally, Cities Skylines, etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Btw, there's some games on sale right now from Steam that look kind of interesting. Dirt Rally, Cities Skylines, etc.
    The Steam Autumn sale will start in a week or two as well.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

jaysblue (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 926 Posts
    Cities Skylines is great. My main city has a glorious favela.

It's like Roller Coaster Tycoon, but a city.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Oh fuck off. Goins is a role player you dumb fuck.

Thanks
    Never looked into it, but generally in programming you can take a well-defined algorithm (and there's lots for sorting in general) and simply write them in the language you're working in.
    I've never been into writing code. I don't even enjoy doing it for my excel draft spreadsheets.

So basically I don't understand wtf you just said.

E: Just found out that Papyrus is based on python.
    Last edited by Boxcar; Today at 05:59 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,391 Times in 1,062 Posts
    My copy of South Park: The Fractured But Whole came the other day off Amazon so will play it tonight! Pre-ordered it back last November around Black Friday for $49.99 which was a steal. Stick of Truth was a fun game, so can't wait to play the new one!