Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 LastLast
Results 2,225 to 2,240 of 2260

Thread: Vidya Games Chat

Thanks
    Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Buy the game if you want it. I was just stating my opinion.

Or you could just watch a walkthrough on YouTube. It's essentially the same thing.
    I was just kidding, since I've already played the game and can't take that back. For the record, I strongly disagree with what they did to PewDiePie and wish I'd known about that before I spent money on their product. I would've thought twice about doing so.

Thanks
    The latest free game on Humble Bundle is Company of Heroes 2. Worth picking up if you like RTS games.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

bones10 (12-14-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    The latest free game on Humble Bundle is Company of Heroes 2. Worth picking up if you like RTS games.
    I miss the RTS genre, Red Alert 2 consumed my life for a summer or two.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,729 Times in 2,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Boxy, what is loot boxing and why should I care?
    Games where you get just cosmetic stuff, etc from the boxes, you shouldn't care about them. Unfortunately some companies are trying to engage in pay to win, where you have a chance at getting elite quality gear that affects game play. If you play online, you should care about that. If you only play off-line single player, etc, then big deal.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,419 Posts
    To further explain, with most games you play to earn credits and then you buy the skills you want. Or you play to get 50 kills with a certain class and then it unlocks skills within that class. Stuff like that.

With lootbox systems you play to earn credits and then you buy lootboxes with the credits instead of paying to unlock skills. The lootboxes give you a bunch of random stuff that you probably won't even want. On top of it, they allow you to purchase in game lootboxes with real life money. There are cases where kids rack up 10k on their parents account by opening this stuff. Or people with no impulse control will buy a bunch of in game stuff. It's pretty controversial system right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Haven't played Firewatch but it's got an interesting art style. I'm not sure I have the patience for it though - isn't it one of those "walking simulator" type games where you mainly look at the scenery? What did you like about the story - characters / plot / setting etc?
    Before the game even starts, there's a pretty intriguing backstory to the main character, Henry, that allows the gamer to understand why he's in the wilderness in the first place. He wants to leave his life behind him, if only temporarily, so why not work the summer as a fire lookout? He thinks it will be a mostly relaxing, almost meditative experience that should hopefully give him a clear mind, or perhaps even the closure he seeks. But what actually ensues is an adventure mystery in which Henry is clearly the victim.

What I loved most about the game is that there's a lot more there than just what's presented on the surface. You need to consider all of the information you're given or you're bound to miss some pretty important and subtle twists. The script is very relatable, as it mostly involves a man talking with a woman over a walkie-talkie, getting to know one another and having adult conversations about life.

The art was one of the first things that appealed to me about Firewatch. It's actually quite stunning. The game does indeed basically play out as a walking simulator, so it's probably not for everybody - be forewarned.

Totally unrelated to Firewatch, but next up for me is Among the Sleep. I've read some pretty good things about it and figure I can't go wrong for $15.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to P2F For This Useful Post:

Bobthe4th (12-15-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Before the game even starts, there's a pretty intriguing backstory to the main character, Henry, that allows the gamer to understand why he's in the wilderness in the first place. He wants to leave his life behind him, if only temporarily, so why not work the summer as a fire lookout? He thinks it will be a mostly relaxing, almost meditative experience that should hopefully give him a clear mind, or perhaps even the closure he seeks. But what actually ensues is an adventure mystery in which Henry is clearly the victim.

What I loved most about the game is that there's a lot more there than just what's presented on the surface. You need to consider all of the information you're given or you're bound to miss some pretty important and subtle twists. The script is very relatable, as it mostly involves a man talking with a woman over a walkie-talkie, getting to know one another and having adult conversations about life.

The art was one of the first things that appealed to me about Firewatch. It's actually quite stunning. The game does indeed basically play out as a walking simulator, so it's probably not for everybody - be forewarned.

Totally unrelated to Firewatch, but next up for me is Among the Sleep. I've read some pretty good things about it and figure I can't go wrong for $15.
    Thanks, sounds good!

Thanks
    RTS: spellforce 3

It's good.

RTS : divinity original sin 2 it's good

For anyone missing RTS give those a try.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,044 Times in 5,018 Posts
    Divinity Original Sin 2 is a RPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

Thanks
    Ah yes you are right*. For some reason I I thought about rts. Probably because of how the fights carry out

Thanks
    For God like games: universim sounds promising

Thanks
    Finally got round to playing the Witcher 3. I'm not a fan so far but I'll give it a fair go due to the numerous high reviews.

Thanks
    It's a game that takes time but the story is very very very good. I read all the books and it's awesome how they made the game. It gave disclosure to the books where the books didn't.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,729 Times in 2,029 Posts
    The Steam Winter Sale is now on.

Thanks
    So I got a PS4 and FF 12 is every bit as good as I remember it (though I miss the intro title song thatís excluded in the PS4 version).

But seriously, how is the PSN store still so shit? Itís been laggy, and has had a rubbish search function ever since the PS3 came out.

Thanks
    I'm a fan of Yahtzee's series of game reviews, sarcastic, deadpan and sweary - my favourite kind of comedy!