Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Science & Technology Thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    There's a major new computer exploit (Meltdown) which will likely be exploited in the wild in the next few days when full announcements are made. Make sure you immediately update your OS, web browser if it hasn't automatically, and any antivirus programs. Click on check for updates (or the equivalent) if you don't see a patch listed and haven't updated it yet.
    Another security issue?

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemoon View Post
    Another security issue?
    Technically yes, but it was really more of a very clever researcher than a bug. It sounds like no one is at fault for the issue, but it still needs to be addressed immediately.

Thanks
    Alright thanks I'll update my stuff

Thanks
    Didn't want to create a new thread for this so I'll ask here. I've been thinking about getting Lasik surgery and was wondering if anyone here has had it done as what their thoughts on it were? How long did it take? Was it painful? Just overall thoughts. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bendera3 View Post
    Didn't want to create a new thread for this so I'll ask here. I've been thinking about getting Lasik surgery and was wondering if anyone here has had it done as what their thoughts on it were? How long did it take? Was it painful? Just overall thoughts. Thanks.
    They shoot a laser into your eye and burn off the outer layer of the eyeball. Sounds fun.

Seriously though, I haven't had it done. The only feedback I heard was that it's a little uncomfortable and itchy for a while.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bendera3 View Post
    I haven't got it done, but I'd love to know your feedback on it if you do. Maybe look at some youtube videos. I'd assume there's probably a bunch with people describing what it was like.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,983 Times in 1,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I haven't got it done, but I'd love to know your feedback on it if you do. Maybe look at some youtube videos. I'd assume there's probably a bunch with people describing what it was like.
    I know 3 poeple that have had it done, my cousin, my wife's cousin and my wife. All 3 say they wish they had done it sooner.

All 3 had the PRK procedure which is not the same as the easiest LASIK. When you get evaluated for LASIK they decide which procedure you end up getting based on your prescription, whether you have astigmatism... dry eyes, etc. My wife's recovery was very smooth and pain free, but you pretty much can't do anything for about 3 days with no TV, reading, using smart phone or tablets for about a week after the procedure. She had hers done 1 year ago.

My wife's cousin procedure on the other hand... he said for the first few days it felt like he had sandpaper and shards of glass in his eyes. It did go away after 2 days and his vision is fine and has had no complications in the years since he had it done, and said it was worth it. He had it done 10 years ago.

The procedure itself is painless because they give you numbing eye drops and have a little doohickey that keeps your eyelids open, you stare at the LASER for like 10-15 minutes and you're done. Then they give you a prescription for pain meds, really expensive eye drops for lubrication and tell you to come back in 24 hours, 36 hours, 1 week, 1 month, 6 months and 1 year follow ups.

Any other questions just ask and I can pretty much answer them.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

Abomination (01-12-2018),P2F (01-11-2018)