Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Science & Technology Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 13,834 Times in 8,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Lmao how did you manage that?
    Just checked and it's actually $67.80 after tax for 10 gigs and unlimited everything else. They offered that rate to new and existing customers earlier this year, and it isn't just a limited time rate. Not sure if it's still available.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

Thanks
    Thanked 4,690 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Just checked and it's actually $67.80 after tax for 10 gigs and unlimited everything else. They offered that rate to new and existing customers earlier this year, and it isn't just a limited time rate. Not sure if it's still available.
    Damn. I can go on a corporate plan through my employer but I'm too damn lazy to email the dude and that still blows it away. My work plan is like 75 for 3 GB and unlimited everything else

Thanks
    Thanked 13,834 Times in 8,199 Posts
    Damn. I can go on a corporate plan through my employer but I'm too damn lazy to email the dude and that still blows it away. My work plan is like 75 for 3 GB and unlimited everything else
    Yeah, I was on a corporate plan until they came out with that rate. It blew my corporate plan out of the water.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,116 Times in 2,311 Posts
    Hi friendos, Need some mobile phone device advice. I currently have a Blackberry PRIV, i have had the phone for about 2 years and i love it. The only issue is the god damn phone won't charge sometimes, and when it does it takes forever. I read to just buy a wireless charger as this problem was likely the charging port and charger were not properly connecting. I bought one as the interwebz said the blackberry PRIV has wireless charging capability but after i bought it i found out they cheaped out in Canada, and if you bought a PRIV in Canada it doesn't. Anyways...options are 1. Take it to get fixed. I probably won't do that, because who fixes technology when it goes out of date so fast. 2. Buy a new phone and shop around for a good phone plan. I'm currently with rogers and after tax i play like 120 for 2 GB of data and unlimited talk. Probably better deals out there. 3. Upgrade my phone. I would be locked into another 2 year contract and i would have to upgrade my plan. 4. Switch companies. Anyone know of any good phones or plans or have any suggestions?
    Take a look at Koodo and Fido. They're subsidiaries of the major telecoms anyway (Telus and Rogers I think), and use their networks. If you wait until something like black friday or boxing day, you should be able to get some really, really sweet deals from them.

Thanks
    Just call rogers and tell them that you want to cancel your cell phone plan. They will send you right to customer retention. Mention the plan that BTS described and they will match it. I pay 50 bucks for 8GB unlimited everything else after doing what i just said, so for sure you will get something similar.
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 5,444 Posts
    You peasants and your data caps
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

P2F (04-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 687 Posts
    Hi friendos,

Need some mobile phone device advice. I currently have a Blackberry PRIV, i have had the phone for about 2 years and i love it. The only issue is the god damn phone won't charge sometimes, and when it does it takes forever. I read to just buy a wireless charger as this problem was likely the charging port and charger were not properly connecting. I bought one as the interwebz said the blackberry PRIV has wireless charging capability but after i bought it i found out they cheaped out in Canada, and if you bought a PRIV in Canada it doesn't.

Anyways...options are
    1. Take it to get fixed. I probably won't do that, because who fixes technology when it goes out of date so fast.
    2. Buy a new phone and shop around for a good phone plan. I'm currently with rogers and after tax i play like 120 for 2 GB of data and unlimited talk. Probably better deals out there.
    3. Upgrade my phone. I would be locked into another 2 year contract and i would have to upgrade my plan.
    4. Switch companies.

Anyone know of any good phones or plans or have any suggestions?
    Check this forum out: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/cell-phones-f88/

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ongo...scussion-f129/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 43211234 For This Useful Post:

jays4life19 (04-21-2018)

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,116 Times in 2,311 Posts
    Beautiful new Hubble image of the Lagoon Nebula:

http://hubblesite.org/image/4150/news_release/2018-21

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

P2F (04-21-2018),Spanky99 (04-21-2018),wilko (04-23-2018)