Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 385 to 396 of 396

Thread: Official Off Topic Thread

  1. #385
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    4,938
    Thanks
    2,866
    Thanked 1,671 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    JFL19 story of the day: I work in an office that has a really lax dress code and I wore running shoes to work today. At some point my shoe lace gets caught in the wheel of the chair and despite my best efforts I can not get it out for the life of me. So my boss comes around and asks to talk to me in the conference room and I'm too embarrassed to say I'm stuck to my chair so I tell her I'm busy at which she looks at my desk and the only thing I have up is the bjmb so she says "your bluejays can wait I need to talk to you" I panick because I have no idea what to do. So I end up rolling very very slowly down the hall in my chair to the room which obviously looks retarded to do in an office and it's really hard with one foot stuck. My boss just looked at me like I was complete idiot as I tell her I really liked this chair.

    Good news is I just got free! So no worries bjmb friends.
    This is awesome.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to P2F For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (09-20-2017)

  3. #386
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,627
    Thanks
    2,871
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 2,253 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    JFL19 story of the day: I work in an office that has a really lax dress code and I wore running shoes to work today. At some point my shoe lace gets caught in the wheel of the chair and despite my best efforts I can not get it out for the life of me. So my boss comes around and asks to talk to me in the conference room and I'm too embarrassed to say I'm stuck to my chair so I tell her I'm busy at which she looks at my desk and the only thing I have up is the bjmb so she says "your bluejays can wait I need to talk to you" I panick because I have no idea what to do. So I end up rolling very very slowly down the hall in my chair to the room which obviously looks retarded to do in an office and it's really hard with one foot stuck. My boss just looked at me like I was complete idiot as I tell her I really liked this chair.

    Good news is I just got free! So no worries bjmb friends.
    Update on shoelace gate:
    This morning I came in and my boss had put a sign on my chair with my name and she came over and said in the most sarcastic voice "Ken, I know how much you cherish this chair so i made you a sign so no one will ever ever take it from you"

    Fml.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (09-21-2017)

  5. #387
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    2,047
    Thanks
    265
    Thanked 527 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Update on shoelace gate:
    This morning I came in and my boss had put a sign on my chair with my name and she came over and said in the most sarcastic voice "Ken, I know how much you cherish this chair so i made you a sign so no one will ever ever take it from you"

    Fml.
    I love that after your original attempt to avoid embarrassment by not simply saying you were stuck, now everyone at your work thinks you're a weirdo, who also spends all day on a Blue Jays message board. Which is only half right!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

    crazy47larry (10-13-2017)

  7. #388
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,329
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 2,499 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    I love that after your original attempt to avoid embarrassment by not simply saying you were stuck, now everyone at your work thinks you're a weirdo, who also spends all day on a Blue Jays message board. Which is only half right!
    Kinda sounds fully right, he just didn't need to demonstrate it

    Personally I think I would have just stated the real reason and not worried about it. Chances are his boss laughs and tells him to get there as soon as he can. The backup plan would have been to just take the shoes off and walk to the conference room.

  8. #389
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,627
    Thanks
    2,871
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 2,253 Posts
    I don't make good decisions under stress.

  9. #390
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,329
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 2,499 Times in 1,866 Posts
    There's a class action lawsuit for price fixing or something of products containing foam (chairs, beds, etc) in Canada purchased from 1999 to 2012. It's mentioned in articles from CTV/CBC etc if you Google it, so I assume it's legit.

    http://www.foamforcash.com/

  10. #391
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38,234
    Thanks
    39,860
    Thanked 7,747 Times in 5,947 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    There's a class action lawsuit for price fixing or something of products containing foam (chairs, beds, etc) in Canada purchased from 1999 to 2012. It's mentioned in articles from CTV/CBC etc if you Google it, so I assume it's legit.

    http://www.foamforcash.com/
    How do you show proof of purchase say of something bought in '99, lol. I think you get 20 bucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

  11. #392
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,329
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 2,499 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    How do you show proof of purchase say of something bought in '99, lol. I think you get 20 bucks...
    Apparently either the receipt if you still have it, or if not a picture of a tag giving the info (a product number or something, and proof that it was made in Canada). It's detailed there somewhere. I either scan or take pictures of the bills of all larger purchases so I have a digital copy, so it was easy for me.

    Yep, $20 unless you have a whole bunch of things. But hey, $20 is $20.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (10-12-2017)

  13. #393
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,718
    Thanks
    2,050
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,850 Posts
    This is too good not to share. Short story, my school's faculty just went on strike (yay unions) so this is an email that was sent out by the school to all students and faculty. I hope it isn't hard to see but use those zoom in powers if you want to see the very depths of human stupidity:

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  14. #394
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,329
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 2,499 Times in 1,866 Posts
    LMAO! This thread has had some beauties recently.

  15. #395
    Blue Chip Prospect Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,324
    Thanks
    695
    Thanked 450 Times in 295 Posts
    Didn't know where to post this but you got to admire this mans skills....damn!

    https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/920621808771940352
    Looking forward to Tuesday March 1st, 2018 > Blue Jays @ Phillies 1:05pm, Clearwater FLA >>Grapefruit League begins.

  16. #396
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38,234
    Thanks
    39,860
    Thanked 7,747 Times in 5,947 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Didn't know where to post this but you got to admire this mans skills....damn!

    https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/920621808771940352
    lulz... pos

    That's from a movie/porn, low budget one but...
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •