Preview
    8:15 PM ET
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Traders?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    HAHAHAHA

Look at these stock market rookies squirming.

This is nothing. I'm more or less break even today.
    Fuck, you're pretty awesome.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to P2F For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (02-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,141 Times in 1,536 Posts
    Apparently Gates lost 2.2 Billion today and Jeff Bezos $3.2 Billion.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,601 Times in 6,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Fuck, you're pretty awesome.
    lulz

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,055 Times in 2,266 Posts
    Bitcoin has now dropped under 6500. That's one hell of a pullback!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 1,109 Posts
    HAHAHAHA

Look at these stock market rookies squirming.

This is nothing. I'm more or less break even today.
    I'm about to get a large share bonus, which I'm putting in my RRSP. When do I start buying again ole King Dick?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    I'm about to get a large share bonus, which I'm putting in my RRSP. When do I start buying again ole King Dick?
    I have listed what I'm in a bunch of times already...and the best time to be in them is immediately so the gambling fun can begin

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Sadly, as of today I have sold all my Aurora, and Canopy shares. I wanted to hold some, but the realistic side of me said, take those profits. I like Invinctus, and just for spittin', bought some Namaste today. I've moved more into the extraction, equipment, and spin off companies from the legalization of Marijuana.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    Sadly, as of today I have sold all my Aurora, and Canopy shares. I wanted to hold some, but the realistic side of me said, take those profits. I like Invinctus, and just for spittin', bought some Namaste today. I've moved more into the extraction, equipment, and spin off companies from the legalization of Marijuana.
    Nice I like IMH too. I plan to start exiting Namaste at 6.00 and I think we'll hit that this summer. I might turn 1/2 my holdings into cash and start swing trading these crazy volatile stocks, some of daily spreads are insane and pretty predictable.

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin View Post
    Nice I like IMH too. I plan to start exiting Namaste at 6.00 and I think we'll hit that this summer. I might turn 1/2 my holdings into cash and start swing trading these crazy volatile stocks, some of daily spreads are insane and pretty predictable.
    I've went 30 percent cash, with that exact plan. I'm going to day trade or just be glad the profit was real. Then I don't have to think about how I could have made money, but got greedy.

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    I have started to move into the Cobalt mining sector, some. I have had very long term, a company called Formation (FCO), which has the Idaho Cobalt Project. More recently I have picked up some CPO.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Bitcoin has now dropped under 6500. That's one hell of a pullback!
    Back up to 9K.

Thanks
    PAS has had a wild ride over the last few days on this news. I picked up some shares early today.

Pascal Biosciences Identifies Molecules in Cannabis That Stimulate the Immune System to Destroy Tumor Cells

VANCOUVER, British Columbia and SEATTLE, Feb. 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pascal Biosciences Inc. (TSX.V:PAS) (“Pascal” or the “Company”) today announced the Company has discovered certain cannabinoids that enhance the immunogenicity of tumor cells, rendering them more susceptible to recognition by the immune system. This discovery is important because the leading class of new cancer fighting agents, termed “checkpoint inhibitors”, activates the immune system to destroy cancer cells. Enhancing recognition of cancer cells with cannabinoids may greatly improve the efficacy of this drug class. Cannabinoids are the chemical compounds which give the cannabis plant its medicinal properties with over 100 different cannabinoids identified. There is a growing body of research demonstrating the effectiveness of cannabinoids in the treatment of cancer symptoms, including nausea, appetite enhancement, and pain management. However, Pascal is the first to identify a mechanism in which cannabinoids may provide a direct benefit in immunotherapy.

Tumor cells often arise in individuals, but they are usually recognized by the immune system and destroyed. The immune system identifies cells as either normal or dangerous in a process called immunosurveillance. Cells that have become cancerous are recognized by cytotoxic T cells, specialized immune cells that target and kill the tumor cell. However, some malignant cells, particularly metastatic cells, employ an immune escape strategy to subvert and avoid recognition and are not recognized and attacked by cytotoxic T cells. This allows the spread of tumor cells to other tissues, potentially leading to fatal disease.

Checkpoint inhibitors are recently approved drugs that activate the immune system to kill tumor cells. These drugs are commercially successful (Opdivo®, Keytruda®, and Yervoy® together had over $6B in 2017 sales) and more importantly, can cure patients with some types of cancer, but only a fraction of patients (generally less than half) respond to the drugs. There are currently many efforts to find drugs that will enhance the activity of checkpoint inhibitors, and Pascal has discovered cannabinoids that activate a key step for immune recognition.

University of British Columbia Professor Wilf Jefferies and his research team in the Michael Smith Laboratories have developed a proprietary assay to discover compounds that can increase immune recognition of tumor cells. Dr. Jefferies, the scientific founder of Pascal, and his team screened thousands of natural products and subsequently identified certain cannabinoid molecules which have the greatest potency in their assay. While different cannabinoids show numerous biological and pharmacological effects, this is the first demonstration of immune activation by individual cannabinoids. Scientists from both UBC and Pascal have demonstrated that specific cannabinoids have strong potency on both mouse and human cancer cells.

“We are very excited about this novel discovery,” commented Dr. Patrick Gray, CEO of Pascal Biosciences. “Cannabinoids typically have good pharmacological properties, as most have low toxicity and are easily absorbed into the blood, which are great advantages for drug development. In combination with immune checkpoint inhibitors, cannabinoids may significantly improve cancer care. We look forward to soon translating our results into clinical studies.”

ABOUT PASCAL BIOSCIENCES INC.
    Pascal Biosciences, Inc. (PAS, formerly bioMmune Technologies Inc.) is a drug discovery and development company focused on harnessing the body’s immune system to fight cancer. The Company’s three significant technologies are:

Utilizing proprietary screening systems for identifying novel compounds that are able to restore immune recognition and killing of cancer cells;
    Exploiting the regulation of specific calcium channels expressed by cells of the immune system. By regulating these calcium channels, immune activity can be controlled to combat cancers, infections and autoimmune diseases; and
    Developing a therapeutic monoclonal antibody for B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the most common childhood leukemia, in collaboration with the University of New Mexico.
    To learn more, visit: https://www.pascalbiosciences.com/.

On Behalf of the Board of Directors
    Dr. Patrick W. Gray, President & CEO

Company Contact:
    Dr. Patrick Gray
    Tel: 206-650-6765

Investors:
    [email protected]
    Tel: 206-221-3443

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    PAS has had a wild ride over the last few days on this news. I picked up some shares early today.

Pascal Biosciences Identifies Molecules in Cannabis That Stimulate the Immune System to Destroy Tumor Cells

VANCOUVER, British Columbia and SEATTLE, Feb. 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pascal Biosciences Inc. (TSX.V:PAS) (“Pascal” or the “Company”) today announced the Company has discovered certain cannabinoids that enhance the immunogenicity of tumor cells, rendering them more susceptible to recognition by the immune system. This discovery is important because the leading class of new cancer fighting agents, termed “checkpoint inhibitors”, activates the immune system to destroy cancer cells. Enhancing recognition of cancer cells with cannabinoids may greatly improve the efficacy of this drug class. Cannabinoids are the chemical compounds which give the cannabis plant its medicinal properties with over 100 different cannabinoids identified. There is a growing body of research demonstrating the effectiveness of cannabinoids in the treatment of cancer symptoms, including nausea, appetite enhancement, and pain management. However, Pascal is the first to identify a mechanism in which cannabinoids may provide a direct benefit in immunotherapy.

Tumor cells often arise in individuals, but they are usually recognized by the immune system and destroyed. The immune system identifies cells as either normal or dangerous in a process called immunosurveillance. Cells that have become cancerous are recognized by cytotoxic T cells, specialized immune cells that target and kill the tumor cell. However, some malignant cells, particularly metastatic cells, employ an immune escape strategy to subvert and avoid recognition and are not recognized and attacked by cytotoxic T cells. This allows the spread of tumor cells to other tissues, potentially leading to fatal disease.

Checkpoint inhibitors are recently approved drugs that activate the immune system to kill tumor cells. These drugs are commercially successful (Opdivo®, Keytruda®, and Yervoy® together had over $6B in 2017 sales) and more importantly, can cure patients with some types of cancer, but only a fraction of patients (generally less than half) respond to the drugs. There are currently many efforts to find drugs that will enhance the activity of checkpoint inhibitors, and Pascal has discovered cannabinoids that activate a key step for immune recognition.

University of British Columbia Professor Wilf Jefferies and his research team in the Michael Smith Laboratories have developed a proprietary assay to discover compounds that can increase immune recognition of tumor cells. Dr. Jefferies, the scientific founder of Pascal, and his team screened thousands of natural products and subsequently identified certain cannabinoid molecules which have the greatest potency in their assay. While different cannabinoids show numerous biological and pharmacological effects, this is the first demonstration of immune activation by individual cannabinoids. Scientists from both UBC and Pascal have demonstrated that specific cannabinoids have strong potency on both mouse and human cancer cells.

“We are very excited about this novel discovery,” commented Dr. Patrick Gray, CEO of Pascal Biosciences. “Cannabinoids typically have good pharmacological properties, as most have low toxicity and are easily absorbed into the blood, which are great advantages for drug development. In combination with immune checkpoint inhibitors, cannabinoids may significantly improve cancer care. We look forward to soon translating our results into clinical studies.”

ABOUT PASCAL BIOSCIENCES INC.
    Pascal Biosciences, Inc. (PAS, formerly bioMmune Technologies Inc.) is a drug discovery and development company focused on harnessing the body’s immune system to fight cancer. The Company’s three significant technologies are:

Utilizing proprietary screening systems for identifying novel compounds that are able to restore immune recognition and killing of cancer cells;
    Exploiting the regulation of specific calcium channels expressed by cells of the immune system. By regulating these calcium channels, immune activity can be controlled to combat cancers, infections and autoimmune diseases; and
    Developing a therapeutic monoclonal antibody for B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the most common childhood leukemia, in collaboration with the University of New Mexico.
    To learn more, visit: https://www.pascalbiosciences.com/.

On Behalf of the Board of Directors
    Dr. Patrick W. Gray, President & CEO

Company Contact:
    Dr. Patrick Gray
    Tel: 206-650-6765

Investors:
    [email protected]
    Tel: 206-221-3443
    I like it. I had to pick up a couple thousand, because I am also a gambling man.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    I like it. I had to pick up a couple thousand, because I am also a gambling man.
    I had a bit of a nest egg created thanks to January's trading. I decided to deploy that nest egg in a big way. I also picked up a couple thousand, and by that I mean over 400,000 shares. I am convinced that this is going to be huge, or at least further hyped. This is all test tube stuff right now so it's really speculative. But I think the guessers have guessed right on this one. Aurora will get involved or at least sniff around. There's a rumour that they are involved in the financing. We'll see next week when the company announces that it has closed.

I think this blog has explained it well:

http://nasdaqnewsreports.blogspot.ca...-cannabis.html

Thanks
    Lots of drama on Friday with Namaste. Health Canada released that they were granted their production license before an official news release and it looks like the trades have been reversed that took place during the spike in price after the HC leak. The stock was halted for the remainder of the day and the halt has been lifted for Monday AM.

Open price Friday was 2.08 and it was halted at 2.38. There were 900,000+ bids at 2.40 (insane) and 100,000 asks at 2.40 at the end of day Friday. If you are a trader, Monday will have a lot of potential for big swings, All time high is 4.40.