• LAD
    SD
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Traders?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    If a huge blow means the next day your RRSP Portfolio is up 4 percent just for the day. I am now confident how much potential there is in Marijuana stocks. 65 percent of my port consists of 8 different Canadian bioceutical companies. Abbatis, Aurora, Canopy, ICC Labs, Invictus, Liberty Leaf, Maple Leaf Green, and Radient Technologies. The weed position in the port, started with 1000 shares of Canopy at 2.75 per. I understand proper investing practice makes that much too large of a position in one sector, but it's paid back, somewhat like I would guess some of the tech did. I have already pulled $15000 out to sit as a a cash position in in the port.
    I have never been an investor, rather I decided to invest in pot stocks and have learned investing along the way. You had some awesome foresight to make that buy into Canopy at that point in time, very patient. I got in a little later with Aurora as I felt they were lagging behind the competition at the time and grabbed up 9k shares in April @ 2.58. Added to my position this October and ended up selling @ 5.97 and moved all my funds to Namaste @.30 because I just fell in love with the lack of attention they were getting. Sold at .99 during some consolidation flipped a bit on LIB for a decent profit and moved back to Namaste for their next run to 3.30. Add in a recent swing trade with ACB on some news 9.98-->13.60 and I have added more and more shares of Namaste in the end I am now holding 184100K shares waiting for the next leg up of this undervalued beauty. That has been my trading career in a nutshell (10 months). I have yet to take out any profit as I believe the compound profit strategy is the fastest way to make a lot of money. I plan to sell the day after legalization (possibly more swings trades here and there) and take all my profits off the table and re-invest properly with some better diversification and all that fun stuff. My portfolio progress to date is 2835.78% and waiting for CRA to kick in the door any day now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spittin For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-06-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I've been sitting this one out because it's not a market I understand well and it moves really fast. I'm waiting for someone reputable to start an ETF with exposure to them - I could see buying something like that.
    There's a Bitcoin stock that follows the price of the currency but I don't recommend.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,832 Times in 8,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin View Post
    There's a Bitcoin stock that follows the price of the currency but I don't recommend.
    I would definitely not buy anything that tracks BTC alone. That's why I'm waiting for an ETF before thinking about buying in - I'd want exposure to multiple currencies, and I'd want someone else making the decisions.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

Thanks
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 906 Posts
    GBTC. But sometimes it trades as much as a 100% premium to its NAV. I agree, don't recommend.

The closest to anything that I know is, is IDK. But that is a mini investment fund investing in a pool of tech/blockchain but also weed and mining Canadian penny stocks. So it's not all that close to what BTS is looking for.

Thanks
    In the politics thread it's getting pretty heated. You can tell who are all the people who are secretly pissed off that they didn't put any money into the stock market.

As much as I hate Trudeau the day he was in office is the day I started making very serious cash in the stock market. and I hardly play weed stocks. I feel bad for the conservatives who haven't. I don't know how they cope.

Thanks
    I have never been an investor, rather I decided to invest in pot stocks and have learned investing along the way. You had some awesome foresight to make that buy into Canopy at that point in time, very patient. I got in a little later with Aurora as I felt they were lagging behind the competition at the time and grabbed up 9k shares in April @ 2.58. Added to my position this October and ended up selling @ 5.97 and moved all my funds to Namaste @.30 because I just fell in love with the lack of attention they were getting. Sold at .99 during some consolidation flipped a bit on LIB for a decent profit and moved back to Namaste for their next run to 3.30. Add in a recent swing trade with ACB on some news 9.98-->13.60 and I have added more and more shares of Namaste in the end I am now holding 184100K shares waiting for the next leg up of this undervalued beauty. That has been my trading career in a nutshell (10 months). I have yet to take out any profit as I believe the compound profit strategy is the fastest way to make a lot of money. I plan to sell the day after legalization (possibly more swings trades here and there) and take all my profits off the table and re-invest properly with some better diversification and all that fun stuff. My portfolio progress to date is 2835.78% and waiting for CRA to kick in the door any day now.
    I hope you have a lot of that in the TFSA. Good for you. My best advice is to remain grounded. There's a good chance this will never happen again. There is a LOT of new traders who made a ton of money which is a sign of a bubble. You're kind of stuck holding what you hold until the end of the year because you want to spread out those tax gains over multiple years. Also working is pretty much a waste of time now. Might as well quit your job, depending on how much money is tax sheltered. What are you going to do? Work your pleb job while you're in the $200K+ tax bracket?

I know some dude who made $2 million off of Namaste just exercising his warrants. He didn't even have any shares left, just his warrants lol. He put in a lot of that money into MIT. Same guy who gave me the tip on FGD...which worked out marvelously for a little while. I don't even like MIT and yet I still loaded 300K shares yesterday. He says $1+ by the end of January. We'll see if it's even at $0.50.

I just put money into BLGV into a private placement, the old potash shell that was converted into a weed play. $25K or 500K shares @ 5 cents plus 500K warrants. BLGV closed at 25.5 cents on Friday so it's already worth - just as I cut my check last week - $165K. This market is nuts. I just need BLGV to HOLD where it is for four months until I can cash out (all private placements have a four month lock up period on the shares). If it goes up to 50 cents or higher during that time....come on Trudeau make yourself useful!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    I own a few thousand shares of Fintech.
    You are dedicated to the cause. Hope you put some money into APP as well. A couple of months ago, not now. The stock has had the bulk of its run even though it probably moves past a buck.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,921 Times in 1,823 Posts
    I'm a gambling man my friend, I currently own Bitcoin, I feel a rally coming. However, I have dipped in Bitcoin cash (lost half my money), Etherium and EOS. I regained the half I lost and then doubled my original investment by moving to EOS. I have since moved back to Bitcoin for the easiest liquidity. It's a pretty difficult sector to navigate and it can be a nightmare at times but there surely is money to be made.
    Did you get in on BTC or ETH at decent prices?

XRB, Ripple, and Cardano seem like potentially nice long-term buys as well. I wish I could get in on Siacoin, but that coin is not available on any of the exchanges we use. The idea of a decentralized cloud service is a potentially game-changing idea, though.

I also love Bytecoin, but I have concerns about it. There are rumours abound of its authenticity. Still, there's nothing wrong with profiting from a good pump and dump as long as you get off in time.

All of that said, I advise all of you to not listen to me directly about this stuff, as I've only been in this for just over a month.
    Last edited by P2F; 01-06-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Did you get in on BTC or ETH at decent prices?

XRB, Ripple, and Cardano seem like potentially nice long-term buys as well. I wish I could get in on Siacoin, but that coin is not available on any of the exchanges we use. The idea of a decentralized cloud service is a potentially game-changing idea, though.

I also love Bytecoin, but I have concerns about it. There are rumours abound of its authenticity. Still, there's nothing wrong with profiting from a good pump and dump as long as you get off in time.

All of that said, I advise all of you to not listen to me directly about this stuff, as I've only been in this for just over a month.
    I got into BTC when it was @ 8800.00 CAD after much debate over a few months watching it climb. I would buy Cardano now if it wasn't such a pain in the ass.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    I hope you have a lot of that in the TFSA. Good for you. My best advice is to remain grounded. There's a good chance this will never happen again. There is a LOT of new traders who made a ton of money which is a sign of a bubble. You're kind of stuck holding what you hold until the end of the year because you want to spread out those tax gains over multiple years. Also working is pretty much a waste of time now. Might as well quit your job, depending on how much money is tax sheltered. What are you going to do? Work your pleb job while you're in the $200K+ tax bracket?

I know some dude who made $2 million off of Namaste just exercising his warrants. He didn't even have any shares left, just his warrants lol. He put in a lot of that money into MIT. Same guy who gave me the tip on FGD...which worked out marvelously for a little while. I don't even like MIT and yet I still loaded 300K shares yesterday. He says $1+ by the end of January. We'll see if it's even at $0.50.

I just put money into BLGV into a private placement, the old potash shell that was converted into a weed play. $25K or 500K shares @ 5 cents plus 500K warrants. BLGV closed at 25.5 cents on Friday so it's already worth - just as I cut my check last week - $165K. This market is nuts. I just need BLGV to HOLD where it is for four months until I can cash out (all private placements have a four month lock up period on the shares). If it goes up to 50 cents or higher during that time....come on Trudeau make yourself useful!
    Yes for sure still grounded I haven't even spent a penny. Going to keep living humble for a while until it all sorts itself out and then maybe induldge in a few treats. I just had an appointment with an accountant to help me get sorted. Unfortunately I didn't know anything at first and nothing was invested through TFSA but moving forward I will be taking advantage of these accounts. That PP sounds like it's going to be a winner especially since the lock up expires before legalization.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,831 Times in 6,777 Posts
    Yes for sure still grounded I haven't even spent a penny. Going to keep living humble for a while until it all sorts itself out and then maybe induldge in a few treats. I just had an appointment with an accountant to help me get sorted. Unfortunately I didn't know anything at first and nothing was invested through TFSA but moving forward I will be taking advantage of these accounts. That PP sounds like it's going to be a winner especially since the lock up expires before legalization.
    Well done, buddy. I'm so happy for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Well done, buddy. I'm so happy for you.
    I'm going to be down in March for a shareholders meeting let's go for a beer!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,831 Times in 6,777 Posts
    I'm going to be down in March for a shareholders meeting let's go for a beer!
    You're buying, lol. Plus it costs me 17 dollars in train, we sharing a bed, lol. Last train leaves at midnight from Union.

lol... It'd be fun to meet you bruh. I'll bring my grinder and weed. I'll take a few puffs for the night and I'll be good.

Edit: spittin(Chris) we trying this again?
    Last edited by Spanky99; 01-07-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks
    For daytraders. Urban Immersive. UI. I bought in at 19 cents today and it ran to 27 cents EOD. Sorry I didn't tell you all when it was 19 cents lol

UI had a PR today that it converted its cold as a dead body 3D imaging business to a red hot ethereum mining business. Like HIVE. It wouldn't surprise me if this stupid thing hits 40 or more cents tomorrow. Hopefully all of you BJMB millionaires buy tomorrow morning at the market price for 5,000 shares each and push up the price. I'm probably selling the stock tomorrow, ideally at a price much higher than 27 cents.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    For daytraders. Urban Immersive. UI. I bought in at 19 cents today and it ran to 27 cents EOD. Sorry I didn't tell you all when it was 19 cents lol

UI had a PR today that it converted its cold as a dead body 3D imaging business to a red hot ethereum mining business. Like HIVE. It wouldn't surprise me if this stupid thing hits 40 or more cents tomorrow. Hopefully all of you BJMB millionaires buy tomorrow morning at the market price for 5,000 shares each and push up the price. I'm probably selling the stock tomorrow, ideally at a price much higher than 27 cents.
    Looked like this didn't go too well.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,113 Times in 2,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Looked like this didn't go too well.
    It's always extremely dangerous to buy into a run. It's likely now that BitCoin (might) be settling into a range that money could start to pull out a little, and head for other sectors. UI seems to have actually done pretty well today all things considered.