Page 402 of 408 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404 ... LastLast
Results 6,417 to 6,432 of 6519

Thread: Official MiLB/Prospects Thread

  1. #6417
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,980
    Thanks
    888
    Thanked 5,786 Times in 3,304 Posts
    Mets bought Syracuse...move there permanently in 2019. Will the Nats be the team left out in the cold and have to move to Vegas?

    Mets probably will have the best set up minor league system once the move takes place (geographically and no contracts expiring until 2023). A Double A and Triple A team an hour away from each other is great for the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

    G-Snarls (10-11-2017),Spanky99 (10-11-2017)

  3. #6418
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,695
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Mets bought Syracuse...move there permanently in 2019. Will the Nats be the team left out in the cold and have to move to Vegas?

    Mets probably will have the best set up minor league system once the move takes place (geographically and no contracts expiring until 2023). A Double A and Triple A team an hour away from each other is great for the players.
    Great move by the Mets

    Man, no one wants their AAA team in Las Vegas LOL

  4. #6419
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,673
    Thanks
    2,143
    Thanked 2,103 Times in 1,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Great move by the Mets

    Man, no one wants their AAA team in Las Vegas LOL
    Even the players hate it. I was on a flight from Vegas to TO once and Joe Inglett was on it. He said he hated playing in Vegas. The park and facilities suck and it's way too hot there to play baseball in the summer.

  5. #6420
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,570
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Mets bought Syracuse...move there permanently in 2019. Will the Nats be the team left out in the cold and have to move to Vegas?

    Mets probably will have the best set up minor league system once the move takes place (geographically and no contracts expiring until 2023). A Double A and Triple A team an hour away from each other is great for the players.
    Have to think they reshuffle some of the minor teams. Nats aren't going to want any part of Vegas.

  6. #6421
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,980
    Thanks
    888
    Thanked 5,786 Times in 3,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Even the players hate it. I was on a flight from Vegas to TO once and Joe Inglett was on it. He said he hated playing in Vegas. The park and facilities suck and it's way too hot there to play baseball in the summer.
    They approved the new stadium yesterday. Being built in Downtown Sumerlin. Indoor batting cages finally (probably the worst part about Cashman was the batting practice as games were almost always played at night). New location will be beside the Red Rock (and the new LGK practice arena City National Arena). The City of Vegas bought the naming rights for 20 years $80M
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

    Terminator (10-12-2017)

  8. #6422
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,980
    Thanks
    888
    Thanked 5,786 Times in 3,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Have to think they reshuffle some of the minor teams. Nats aren't going to want any part of Vegas.
    There is always going to be one team left out. Mets bought a team to make sure they weren't that team. 2018 is a host of teams coming up for new contracts. It's going to come down to Baltimore (Norfolk), Arizona (who might happily move to the new park in Vegas from Reno), Nats (no team), Twins (Rochester). Most of the others appear to be happy in their locations or part own their teams.

    Edit forgot the A's who are in Nashville and might also be more interested in Vegas.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  9. #6423
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,980
    Thanks
    888
    Thanked 5,786 Times in 3,304 Posts
    Own (or part own) Teams

    SWB Yankees
    Albuquerque Dodgers
    Gwinnett Braves
    Memphis Cardinals
    Syracuse Mets

    Signed through 2020

    Indianapolis Pirates
    Albuquerque Rockies
    Charlotte White Sox
    Lehigh Valley Phillies
    Iowa Cubs
    New Orleans Marlins
    Sacramento Giants

    Have already agreed to extend (All part of the agreement for the Rangers to move Colorado Springs)

    Colorado Springs (and moved team to San Antonio) Rangers
    Fresno Brewers
    Round Rock Astros

    All others might be SOL
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  10. #6424
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,695
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Have to think they reshuffle some of the minor teams. Nats aren't going to want any part of Vegas.
    Shouldn't a west coast team use it? LA, ARI, SD or SF??

  11. #6425
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,570
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    There is always going to be one team left out. Mets bought a team to make sure they weren't that team. 2018 is a host of teams coming up for new contracts. It's going to come down to Baltimore (Norfolk), Arizona (who might happily move to the new park in Vegas from Reno), Nats (no team), Twins (Rochester). Most of the others appear to be happy in their locations or part own their teams.

    Edit forgot the A's who are in Nashville and might also be more interested in Vegas.
    Yeah makes way more sense for a Western team to be there. The As and Nashville makes sense to switch geographically.

  12. #6426
    Blue Chip Prospect bendera3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,264
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 311 Times in 189 Posts
    Do the Jays own any of their teams? Would it make sense?

  13. #6427
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,980
    Thanks
    888
    Thanked 5,786 Times in 3,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bendera3 View Post
    Do the Jays own any of their teams? Would it make sense?
    Dunedin, GCL and DSL I believe. I can't say I know the financial advantages and disadvantages of owning but I'm sure it's out there in an article somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

    Terminator (10-12-2017)

  15. #6428
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    4,954
    Thanks
    2,870
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Vote for the MiLBYS!

    https://secure.milb.com/news/awards/...egory=breakout

    Bichette is nominated for breakout player and top offensive player.

    Vlad is nominated for top offensive player as well.

    Also, the Jays are nominated for best farm system.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P2F For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (10-13-2017),flafson (10-12-2017),Omar (10-12-2017)

  17. #6429
    Blue Chip Prospect Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,325
    Thanks
    695
    Thanked 454 Times in 296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Vote for the MiLBYS!

    https://secure.milb.com/news/awards/...egory=breakout

    Bichette is nominated for breakout player and top offensive player.

    Vlad is nominated for top offensive player as well.

    Also, the Jays are nominated for best farm system.
    Best farm system, wow that was fast even for a nomination. The road to glory begins on the farm. I am really hopeful for entertaining Jays teams in future.
    Looking forward to Tuesday March 1st, 2018 > Blue Jays @ Phillies 1:05pm, Clearwater FLA >>Grapefruit League begins.

  18. #6430
    DONOR Angrioter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    D_R
    Posts
    24,421
    Thanks
    1,757
    Thanked 5,408 Times in 3,249 Posts
    Teoscar Hernandez DWL "Jays from office want i improve my contact here (DWL)"

    "I wil fight for an OF spot next season. The team want to be more younger than this season"

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angrioter For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (10-13-2017),Maahfaace (10-15-2017),Spanky99 (10-12-2017),Terminator (10-12-2017)

  20. #6431
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,673
    Thanks
    2,143
    Thanked 2,103 Times in 1,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    They approved the new stadium yesterday. Being built in Downtown Sumerlin. Indoor batting cages finally (probably the worst part about Cashman was the batting practice as games were almost always played at night). New location will be beside the Red Rock (and the new LGK practice arena City National Arena). The City of Vegas bought the naming rights for 20 years $80M
    Nice I didn't know that. I went to a few games there before and it was brutal. Stadium sucks and it's in a bad location. Add in the summer heat and the only time anyone went was Thirsty Thursdays when beers were a dollar. Even then people would only go when it was relatively cool out. If it's near Red Rock (a really nice casino for locals) and the stadium is better they should get more buzz.

  21. #6432
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,425
    Thanks
    318
    Thanked 934 Times in 713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    Teoscar Hernandez DWL "Jays from office want i improve my contact here (DWL)"

    "I wil fight for an OF spot next season. The team want to be more younger than this season"
    Good. No long term contracts to past their prime players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •