• PHI
    ATL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • CHC
    CLE
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • WSH
    SD
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    LAA
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • TB
    BOS
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • NYM
    MIA
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • CIN
    PIT
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • MIL
    ARI
    Preview
    7:40 PM ET
  • TEX
    NYY
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • CWS
    BAL
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • MIN
    DET
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • HOU
    SF
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • STL
    KC
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • OAK
    SEA
    Preview
    10:05 PM ET
  • LAD
    COL
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 440 of 519 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490 ... LastLast
Results 7,025 to 7,040 of 8289

Thread: Official MiLB/Prospects Thread

  1. #7025
    All Star THANOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Bowmanville, ON
    Posts
    4,896
    Thanks
    3,877
    Thanked 559 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    I bet if the Blue Jays challenged him that if he wants to stay at third base he needs to get in better shape he would do it. Hes 18 he has a lot of time to turn his body type around if he wants to.
    Agreed. They've revamped the catering as well, so players should have access to more ideal nutrician.

  2. #7026
    All Star L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    5,009
    Thanks
    728
    Thanked 1,730 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Boys Vlad is always gonna be thick AF. There's no way around it. What they will do from a conditioning standpoint is make sure he's strong and moving efficiently to minimize injury risk. I'd rather have him taking hacks than worrying about his aestethics.

  3. #7027
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,218
    Thanks
    844
    Thanked 3,103 Times in 2,300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    Boys Vlad is always gonna be thick AF. There's no way around it. What they will do from a conditioning standpoint is make sure he's strong and moving efficiently to minimize injury risk. I'd rather have him taking hacks than worrying about his aestethics.
    Even if his body trended in the direction of Fielder (which seems unlikely to THAT degree), his bat is probably projecting similar atm and he would likely be better defensively. That's still 200+ home runs, close to a .300 average, and at least 20 something WAR before he hits free agency. As long as we didn't extend him, we'd come out way on top. Hopefully he keeps the weight under control and blows that out of the water

  4. #7028
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Posts
    4,369
    Thanks
    539
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Even if his body trended in the direction of Fielder (which seems unlikely to THAT degree), his bat is probably projecting similar atm and he would likely be better defensively. That's still 200+ home runs, close to a .300 average, and at least 20 something WAR before he hits free agency. As long as we didn't extend him, we'd come out way on top. Hopefully he keeps the weight under control and blows that out of the water
    I'm hoping for Miguel Cabrera, as extremely unlikely as that may be.

  5. #7029
    All Star THANOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Bowmanville, ON
    Posts
    4,896
    Thanks
    3,877
    Thanked 559 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I'm hoping for Miguel Cabrera, as extremely unlikely as that may be.
    Same. Scouts don't throw around projections like Miggy Cabrera and Manny Ramirez lightly and he has an 80 hit tool. I think there's no need to slash his projections at this point. Fielder is probably his low floor.

  6. #7030
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44,652
    Thanks
    45,762
    Thanked 8,808 Times in 6,760 Posts
    lol

  7. #7031
    All Star THANOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Bowmanville, ON
    Posts
    4,896
    Thanks
    3,877
    Thanked 559 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    lol
    It's an industry-wide projection..

  8. #7032
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,780
    Thanks
    3,979
    Thanked 13,808 Times in 8,183 Posts
    I think we're getting a bit carried away throwing Prince Fielder floors on a 19-year old fat kid TBH.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    Boxcar (02-09-2018),Gen.Disarray (02-09-2018),Maahfaace (02-10-2018),Spanky99 (02-09-2018)

  10. #7033
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,173
    Thanks
    2,374
    Thanked 8,793 Times in 5,432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
    Same. Scouts don't throw around projections like Miggy Cabrera and Manny Ramirez lightly and he has an 80 hit tool. I think there's no need to slash his projections at this point. Fielder is probably his low floor.
    Fielder was really good in his prime. That as his floor is extremely unrealistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

  11. #7034
    All Star z3r0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,805
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,082 Posts
    You heard it here first folks! If Vlad isn't Pujols, we will all be really disappointed, shrug and have to be content with Prince Fielder. We'd be so hard done by

  12. #7035
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,173
    Thanks
    2,374
    Thanked 8,793 Times in 5,432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    You heard it here first folks! If Vlad isn't Pujols, we will all be really disappointed, shrug and have to be content with Prince Fielder. We'd be so hard done by
    I for one will not be content to settle for 150+ wRC+ seasons with 50+ dingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

  13. #7036
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,269
    Thanks
    1,800
    Thanked 4,094 Times in 2,746 Posts
    I just want him to stay fit enough that he can play an acceptable 3B or corner OF

    Don't him moved to 1B if they can help it

  14. #7037
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,269
    Thanks
    1,800
    Thanked 4,094 Times in 2,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Even if his body trended in the direction of Fielder (which seems unlikely to THAT degree), his bat is probably projecting similar atm and he would likely be better defensively. That's still 200+ home runs, close to a .300 average, and at least 20 something WAR before he hits free agency. As long as we didn't extend him, we'd come out way on top. Hopefully he keeps the weight under control and blows that out of the water
    Ug


  15. #7038
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    3,078
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 835 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Ug

    You can find a better fat shaming pic than that mate:


  16. #7039
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,780
    Thanks
    3,979
    Thanked 13,808 Times in 8,183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    I just want him to stay fit enough that he can play an acceptable 3B or corner OF

    Don't him moved to 1B if they can help it
    I think that ship has pretty much sailed. I'm just hoping he can play an acceptable 1B until his mid-20s before being turned into a DH.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

  17. #7040
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,269
    Thanks
    1,800
    Thanked 4,094 Times in 2,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I think that ship has pretty much sailed. I'm just hoping he can play an acceptable 1B until his mid-20s before being turned into a DH.
    Dammit man!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •