Page 190 of 215 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 3,025 to 3,040 of 3426

Thread: Official MiLB/Prospects Thread

  1. #3025
    Big Leaguer Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 635 Times in 354 Posts
    Four unsigned Jays picks from the 2014 draft are ranked in BA's top 100 College prospects for this year.

    8) RHP Tanner Houck (12th round)
    74) RHP Zach Pop (23rd round) - from Brampton
    77) LHP Jake Latz (11th round)
    79) C Mike Papierski (16th round)

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/colle...QIszXl58jwr.97

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pendleton For This Useful Post:

    baubau (01-11-2017)

  3. #3026
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,703
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Hoping Zach Pop makes it to the bigs one day. It'll make up for the failures of Chip Cannon
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  4. #3027
    Big Leaguer baubau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,823
    Thanks
    1,513
    Thanked 950 Times in 554 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    Four unsigned Jays picks from the 2014 draft are ranked in BA's top 100 College prospects for this year.

    8) RHP Tanner Houck (12th round)
    74) RHP Zach Pop (23rd round) - from Brampton
    77) LHP Jake Latz (11th round)
    79) C Mike Papierski (16th round)

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/colle...QIszXl58jwr.97
    Meh, just the part of drafting prospects you aren't able to sign. Every team has that.

    Cleveland has 3:

    11 Wil Crowe, rhp, South Carolina R-R 6-2 250 Indians ’16 (21)
    26 Joe Dunand, ss/3b, North Carolina State R-R 6-2 205 Indians ’14 (35)
    48 K.J. Harrison, 1b, Oregon State bba_video_icon_red R-R 6-0 208 Indians ’14 (25)

    I guess technically as Steve Sanders is the new scouting director, should look at Boston's list.

    2 Jeren Kendall, of, Vanderbilt bba_video_icon_red L-R 6-0 190 Red Sox ’14 (30)
    30 David Peterson, lhp, Oregon bba_video_icon_red L-L 6-6 242 Red Sox ’14 (28)
    53 J.J. Matijevic, of/1b, Arizona bba_video_icon_red L-R 6-0 206 Red Sox ’14 (22)

    Dang! Did not know they nabbed Kendall. Hopefully Sanders/Cherington magic has a few steals this draft.

  5. #3028
    Big Leaguer Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 635 Times in 354 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    Meh, just the part of drafting prospects you aren't able to sign. Every team has that.

    Cleveland has 3:

    11 Wil Crowe, rhp, South Carolina R-R 6-2 250 Indians ’16 (21)
    26 Joe Dunand, ss/3b, North Carolina State R-R 6-2 205 Indians ’14 (35)
    48 K.J. Harrison, 1b, Oregon State bba_video_icon_red R-R 6-0 208 Indians ’14 (25)

    I guess technically as Steve Sanders is the new scouting director, should look at Boston's list.

    2 Jeren Kendall, of, Vanderbilt bba_video_icon_red L-R 6-0 190 Red Sox ’14 (30)
    30 David Peterson, lhp, Oregon bba_video_icon_red L-L 6-6 242 Red Sox ’14 (28)
    53 J.J. Matijevic, of/1b, Arizona bba_video_icon_red L-R 6-0 206 Red Sox ’14 (22)

    Dang! Did not know they nabbed Kendall. Hopefully Sanders/Cherington magic has a few steals this draft.
    I don't know if you got the impression that I was complaining or something but I was just merely posting the info in case someone found it interesting. I'm aware that lot's of HS picks go unsigned.

  6. #3029
    Big Leaguer baubau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,823
    Thanks
    1,513
    Thanked 950 Times in 554 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    I don't know if you got the impression that I was complaining or something but I was just merely posting the info in case someone found it interesting. I'm aware that lot's of HS picks go unsigned.
    Something haha. Got you now tho. Thanks for sharing it! Was interesting indeed.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to baubau For This Useful Post:

    Pendleton (01-11-2017)

  8. #3030
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 48 Times in 25 Posts
    Havent posted in a while. Has Alford moved out of the 103rd best prospect range?

  9. #3031
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,046
    Thanks
    518
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
    Havent posted in a while. Has Alford moved out of the 103rd best prospect range?
    When Alford makes it to the show I'm getting a jersey with the number 103 on the back.

  10. #3032
    MVP King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    13,952
    Thanks
    5,659
    Thanked 9,384 Times in 5,650 Posts

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to King For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-12-2017)

  12. #3033
    DONOR Angrioter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    D_R
    Posts
    24,017
    Thanks
    1,720
    Thanked 5,281 Times in 3,175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Tellez and Pimp Foley too

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angrioter For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-12-2017),THANOS (01-12-2017)

  14. #3034
    All Star THANOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Bowmanville, ON
    Posts
    4,450
    Thanks
    3,025
    Thanked 432 Times in 324 Posts
    That's a whole lot of handsome 😉

  15. #3035
    Big Leaguer 43211234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,867
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 630 Posts
    Leave it to King to be on top of the Tim Leiper tweets.

    Also, looks like Borucki in the middle behind Greene and Urena second from the left.

  16. #3036
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,215
    Thanks
    2,098
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 1,685 Posts
    I don't see Alford?


    Edit. Nevermind lol

  17. #3037
    MVP King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    13,952
    Thanks
    5,659
    Thanked 9,384 Times in 5,650 Posts
    Do you see the Blue Jays' Vladimir Guerrero Jr. staying at third base long term? And has he made his way into your Top 50 yet?
    -- Peter C., Chicago
    Though it's unclear whether Guerrero can remain at the hot corner, he looked better than expected in his pro debut last summer. He possesses the arm strength for third base and has improved his range, but he still has a very thick lower half and may not have enough quickness or range once he's physically mature.
    Guerrero, who signed for $3.9 million out of the Dominican Republic in 2015 -- his father got a mere $2,100 from the Expos 22 years earlier -- will be a star no matter where he plays. He has advanced hitting ability and massive power potential, and he easily handled the Rookie-level Appalachian League as its youngest regular (age 17). He easily cracked my personal Top 50 at No. 31 and I may rue placing him that low when I look back later this year.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King For This Useful Post:

    P2F (01-13-2017),THANOS (01-13-2017)

  19. #3038
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,028
    Thanks
    2,877
    Thanked 3,592 Times in 2,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Do you see the Blue Jays' Vladimir Guerrero Jr. staying at third base long term? And has he made his way into your Top 50 yet?
    -- Peter C., Chicago
    Though it's unclear whether Guerrero can remain at the hot corner, he looked better than expected in his pro debut last summer. He possesses the arm strength for third base and has improved his range, but he still has a very thick lower half and may not have enough quickness or range once he's physically mature.
    Guerrero, who signed for $3.9 million out of the Dominican Republic in 2015 -- his father got a mere $2,100 from the Expos 22 years earlier -- will be a star no matter where he plays. He has advanced hitting ability and massive power potential, and he easily handled the Rookie-level Appalachian League as its youngest regular (age 17). He easily cracked my personal Top 50 at No. 31 and I may rue placing him that low when I look back later this year.
    Who's replying to the question?
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  20. #3039
    MVP King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    13,952
    Thanks
    5,659
    Thanked 9,384 Times in 5,650 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Who's replying to the question?
    Callis

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to King For This Useful Post:

    Orgfiller (01-13-2017)

  22. #3040
    All Star THANOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Bowmanville, ON
    Posts
    4,450
    Thanks
    3,025
    Thanked 432 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Callis
    Wow, good to hear! When is the overall Top 100 coming out?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •