Fuck Taylor Swift

Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 1,277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    Top heavy is very risky
    wat

Thanks
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 888 Posts
    I have to agree with the Braves having the best farm. Their best prospects are up the middle guys of Acuna, Albies and Maitan. They've got ridiculous pitching depth that has a few guys in the upper minors and a bunch of high upside guys in the low minors. Pache and Waters are solid prospects in their own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Oh fuck off. Goins is a role player you dumb fuck.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    I don't know how the Dodgers keep finding quality players deep into the draft:

Verdugo (2nd round)

Calhoun (4th round)

Bellinger (4th round)

Ross Stripling (5th round)

Austin Barnes (9th round)

Joc Pederson (11th round)

Walker Bueler and Corey Seager were 1st round picks, but even they were out of the Top 10. To say they've drafted well in recent years would be a gigantic understatement.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post

Verdugo (2nd round)

Calhoun (4th round)

Bellinger (4th round)

Walker Bueler and Corey Seager were 1st round picks, but even they were out of the Top 10. To say they've drafted well in recent years would be a gigantic understatement.
    I guess it helps when your front office get's paid like MLB players.
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastjaysfan View Post
    Do NOT bunt him to 2nd base

Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 969 Posts
    Vladdy Jr 3-4 (2 doubles and a walk) Bo 0-5

Ryan Borucki 7 IP 6 H 0 ER 0 BB 7 K (owning AA in his three starts so far)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gruber92 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,204 Times in 5,977 Posts
    Vancouver is playing on MiLB.TV right now with a good quality feed if anyone is interested in watching.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to King For This Useful Post:

Pendleton (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    I feel like Danny Jansen doesn't get talked about enough here. He's putting up a 124 wRC+ in AA through 200 PA, and he's got more walks than Ks. Not sure how the defense is but if he sticks at C, that's very intriguing.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoneyen For This Useful Post:

KingKat (08-03-2017),Spanky99 (08-04-2017)

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 1,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneyen View Post
    I feel like Danny Jansen doesn't get talked about enough here. He's putting up a 124 wRC+ in AA through 200 PA, and he's got more walks than Ks. Not sure how the defense is but if he sticks at C, that's very intriguing.
    Last things I've read about him say scouts aren't sold on his defense as a catcher.

BA doesn't even rank him in the top 10 prospects for toronto in their midseason list.

This was 2 months ago from fangraphs Fringe 5 weekly lists when talking about Jansen and he not being included despite strong numbers:

Damaso
    C D.Jansen (22, AA), spent his career at age appropriate levels so far, though his last two years have been savaged by injuries. Gets good marks for his gamecalling and receiving.

MILB Career: 882pa, 10.3bb%, 12.7k%, .285babip, 117wrc+
    2017 (A+/AA): 161pa, 6.2bb%, 9.9k%, .398babip, 184wrc+

Carson Cistulli
    Because catchers donít move gracefully down the defensive spectrum, but rather tend to plummet all the way to first base, Iíve become progressively more cautious about including them here unless their defensive reputations are beyond reproach.

Eric Longenhagenís assessment of Jansenís catching skills ó or, perhaps, the assessment that heís relayed from scouts ó suggests to me that Jansenís defense might merit a little bit of reproach.

I agree, though, that the offensive skills are promising, and Iím constantly willing to consider new information.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Just looking over how some guys have fared this year.

JB Woodman. 20 hit tool = 93 wRC+ and 37% K Rate as a 22 year old in Low A.

Josh Palacios. No power and groundball profile has resulted in a poor season in Low A.

Bradley Jones. His midwest league run was fun but he has since gotten exposed in Dunedin and has been injured for over a month.

Cavan Biggio. Having the best season of these 4 who I have viewed as a group together being fringe guys from the 2016 draft. I don't like his MLB upside but it will be interesting to see how he fairs in AA next season.

Rowdy Tellez: Not hitting well in AAA which doesn't bode well for his future. Not too sure what his issue is here but hoping for a bounce back in 2018.
    Jon Harris: Cementing himself as a non prospect in AA.

Christian Lopes: Have always had a soft spot for this guy so hoping he can be a possible up and down guy at the MLB level. Not expecting much though.

Tim Mayza: Still not seeing it with this guy but some in the organization like him and he could be on the roster in September. For a guy with his stuff I would expect better numbers than what he's done so far.

Richard Urena: Doesn't look like a whole lot of upside here as the bat isn't coming around and the reports on his defense have been poor. He is young though so has time to turn it around.

Anthony Alford: Was having a great season in AA before having another season derailed by injuries. He's 23 now and it's time for him to show he'll be an MLB guy.

Dalton Pompey: Probably close to quitting baseball.

Danny Jansen: Had a big batted ball profile change where he went from an extreme fly ball hitter to a more line drive/ground ball/spray hitter approach. I was skeptical at first but it's worked out for him and now he looks like he could be a guy for us.

Reese McGuire: Has been passed by Jansen on the catching depth chart after a season full of injuries. Not much has changed here but he's going to have to have a big year in 2018 to stay relevant.

Harold Ramirez: His bat is starting to come around over the last month or so, but definitely a poor season from Ramirez.

Lourdes Gurriel: Not really what we all expected but a throwaway season due to injuries.

Conner Greene: Put him in the bullpen and let him air it out. I'm going to have an aneurysm if I pull up a box score and see another 5+ walk start this year.

Sean Reid-Foley: Definitely not a good season from SRF but there's still upside here.

Ryan Borucki: In a season full of guys who have disappointed he's put himself on the map as a possible starter by mid 2018. Proving the front office right in their decision to add him to the 40 man roster.

Francisco Rios: K rate hasn't translated from that 2016 run in the midwest league but doesn't look like there is a whole lot of starting upside this season. Might do well in a bullpen role.

Angel Perdomo: Having a pretty terrible season as a 23 year old in Dunedin and looks like he might also be suited well for a bullpen move.

Jordan Romano: Finally having a healthy season and his velocity is back after TJS. Would like to see what he could do in New Hampshire.

TJ Zeuch: Zeuch was having a good season in Dunedin before his injury. Youth is still on his side as he turned 22 just 2 days ago.

Max Pentecost: It's nice to see him having a healthy season. Will have a lot to prove in New Hampshire next year.

Bo Bichette: Projects for a 78 wRC+ by Steamer which is absurd for a player with no at bats in AA. I don't think I've ever seen a player project that well in the middle level of the minors. If he crushes New Hampshire when given the opportunity, he should be considered a top 5 prospect in baseball and will probably break steamers projection system.

Vlad Jr: Having a season nearly as impressive as Bichette given his youth. So much upside with these two.

Justin Maese: Pitching profile hasn't changed a ton to me but again, with his shoulder injury his season has been derailed.

Patrick Murphy: Numbers aren't great in Lansing but I saw on twitter he was sitting 94-96 with his fastball in his last start which would bode well for his future, even if just as a reliever.

Yennsy Diaz: Has some pure arm strength and if he could develop his secondaries enough might be a bullpen arm down the line.

Yeltsin Gudino: Has a good feel for defense at shortstop with contact ability at the plate. Just wait for a little bit of power to come around and he could skyrocket.

Edward Olivares: Hard to believe he's 6'2 as every game I've watched he looks as small as Andrew Benintendi at the plate. Crushing it lately with a 156 wRC+ over the last calendar month, and looks like he will need to be challenged with a Dunedin assignment.

Mitch Nay: Finally getting back into the rhythm after playing everyday but not hitting that well in Lansing. The upside here is mostly gone.

Kevin Vicuna: Could be another Gudino if he even adds a little bit of strength. Almost everything is on the ground with a 70% GB rate this year. slap singles hitter!

Reggie Pruitt: He can run!

Jose Espada: Having a good season in Vancouver with 30k in 24 innings. Will be another interesting follow in Lansing next year.

Chris Hall/Orlando Pascual/William Oullette/Jake Fishman/Kyle Weatherly: Dont know too much about these guys but they are all having good seasons pitching in Vancouver.

Matt Morgan: Have to figure he's a release candidate at the end of this season, as he just hasn't hit in pro ball and the defense has been poor.

Mc Gregory Contreras: Hasn't hit in Bluefield this year in his first season state side, but could still be some upside here.

Ryan Gold: A 2016 draftee who has done all that he's needed to do in short season/rookie ball. A Lansing assignment for next season will be interesting to follow.

Maximo Castillo: An IFA who first popped up in 2016 with some arm strength has pitched well in Bluefield. Also look for him to solidify his prospect status with a Lansing assignment for the 18 year old next season.

Josh Winckowski: Winckowski has had an up and down season in Bluefield with some highs (9k start) and lows (5 walk start). Overall, it hasn't been very pretty.

Otto Lopez: A 2016 IFA who's a middle infielder with a contact oriented approach, much like Vicuna and Gudino. Only ~9 months younger than Vicuna with a lot less pro experience, likely not much upside here.

Dom Abbadessa: The speedy CF is crushing the GCL in his 2nd pro season hitting .390 with not many strikeouts. He's ready for Bluefield at this point.

Joseph Reyes: Our top IFA signing from 2016 has had a pedestrian season in the GCL (112 wRC+), but he's not that young being 19 years old. As a 1B the upside here is minimal too.

DJ Daniels: He should have played football.

Juan Meza: Top IFA signing from 2014 who was liked for his pitchability and ability to throw strikes hasn't been able to adjust to pro ball, now pitching out of the bullpen he looks like a release candidate.

DSL Jays: None of these guys have hit particularly well.

Not a whole lot to like here. Tons of injuries and most of the guys we had hopes for this past offseason have disappointed. Vlad and Bo are the crown jewels of the system now.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to King For This Useful Post:

Angrioter (08-04-2017),Deadpool (08-04-2017),jays4life19 (08-04-2017),mtljaysfan (08-04-2017),Orgfiller (08-04-2017),P2F (08-04-2017),sdyment (08-04-2017),Spanky99 (08-04-2017),spats (08-04-2017),TBJ12 (08-04-2017),Terminator (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,473 Posts

Verdugo (2nd round)

Calhoun (4th round)

Bellinger (4th round)

They pour a ton of $ into their player development.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Borucki showing SRF and Greene how it's done. 7IP 0BB 7K.

Thanks

Verdugo (2nd round)

Calhoun (4th round)

Bellinger (4th round)

Barnes was drafted by the Marlins (but plucked by them from a trade).

They have so many guys that they can trade the lesser ones who still have upside (Grant Holmes, Jose De Leon, Jharel Cotton, Willie Calhoun etc.) and not miss a beat. They can keep the studs like Bellinger, Buehler, Verdugo, Urias. They have another wave coming up with guys in the lower levels of full season ball like Dustin May, Jeren Kendall, Mitch White, Keibert Ruiz, DJ Peters etc. Just looking at their pitchers in AA/AAA is laughable. Everyone has absurd strikeout ratios but they have so many of them most won't even get considered.

It's an organization that is the envy of baseball and going to good for a very long time.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to King For This Useful Post:

Orgfiller (08-04-2017)

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    I still like McGuire as a more than capable major league backup catcher. He's very solid defensively. Of what little I saw of him this Spring Training, he looked good.

His bat leaves a lot to be desired. He's not going to be an impact guy with the stick, but at least he knows how to work a walk. Doesn't strike out a ton either. Pentecost and Jansen are a lot hitters obviously, but I'm not too sure about them as catchers.

Thanks
    Jansen not a catcher based on what? I've been following him fairly closely since he was drafted and have never read a bad defensive report. Most applaud him for his strong receiving skills and throwing arm. Seems like a bunch of bullshit too me.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King For This Useful Post:

KingKat (08-04-2017),Orgfiller (08-04-2017),Spanky99 (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Jansen not a catcher based on what? I've been following him fairly closely since he was drafted and have never read a bad defensive report. Most applaud him for his strong receiving skills and throwing arm. Seems like a bunch of bullshit too me.
    He's had some serious knee injuries so maybe its the health that people think will hold him back from being a C. He's a pretty big guy at 6'3 225lbs so that puts a lot of stress on the legs.