Page 345 of 420 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395 ... LastLast
Results 5,505 to 5,520 of 6707

Thread: Official MiLB/Prospects Thread

  1. #5505
    All Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,461
    Thanks
    490
    Thanked 248 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Seems pretty whippey and not very effortless to me. He's already had TJ also.

    I admit though that any left handed throwing looks like it's more fucked up than right hand throwing to me.
    It's because you're a righty, I feel the same way every time I see a righty throw because I'm a lefty.
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastjaysfan View Post
    Do NOT bunt him to 2nd base

  2. #5506
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,578
    Thanks
    1,281
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 767 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Seems pretty whippey and not very effortless to me. He's already had TJ also.

    I admit though that any left handed throwing looks like it's more fucked up than right hand throwing to me.
    I'm not seeing any notable violence in that delivery, appears fairly free and easy to me.

  3. #5507
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,074
    Thanks
    1,173
    Thanked 8,623 Times in 4,804 Posts
    Borucki is like 5 degrees from being a sidearmer. I didn't know that. Maybe it's just that camera angle, or did he drop it down a bit this year?
    Last edited by NJH; 08-07-2017 at 10:22 PM.

  4. #5508
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,074
    Thanks
    1,173
    Thanked 8,623 Times in 4,804 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Seems pretty whippey and not very effortless to me. He's already had TJ also.

    I admit though that any left handed throwing looks like it's more fucked up than right hand throwing to me.
    I dunno man! Seems pretty clean and simple to me. Kind of reminds me of Happ in some ways.

  5. #5509
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39,363
    Thanks
    40,973
    Thanked 7,960 Times in 6,112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Holy shit!
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

  6. #5510
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Posts
    4,205
    Thanks
    510
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Borucki is like 5 degrees from being a sidearmer. I didn't know that. Maybe it's just that camera angle, or did he drop it down a bit this year?
    I don't think that his arm angle has changed very much from past years.

  7. #5511
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,236
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 199 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Seems pretty whippey and not very effortless to me. He's already had TJ also.

    I admit though that any left handed throwing looks like it's more fucked up than right hand throwing to me.
    Really? His delivery looks pretty effortless and smooth to me.

  8. #5512
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    398
    Thanks
    1,204
    Thanked 473 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Yeah, that kid is 12 about as much as Pujols is 37.
    I think it was Vladdy Jr.

  9. #5513
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,074
    Thanks
    1,173
    Thanked 8,623 Times in 4,804 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I don't think that his arm angle has changed very much from past years.
    Haven't watched video on him before so I'll take your word for it. It just seems to be below 3/4 standard which is what all the scouting reports say. Maybe just that game or just the video angle.

  10. #5514
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Posts
    4,205
    Thanks
    510
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Haven't watched video on him before so I'll take your word for it. It just seems to be below 3/4 standard which is what all the scouting reports say. Maybe just that game or just the video angle.
    I have to agree that it's definitely a low 3/4 delivery. Vague terminology will result in differing scouting reports though.

  11. #5515
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,664
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 811 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Yeah, that kid is 12 about as much as Pujols is 37.
    He looks 12 to me.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (08-08-2017)

  13. #5516
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,664
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 811 Posts
    So is there any chance we see Borucki in September if Sanchez doesn't return? Just started AA which means he would be rushed. But he's also 23 so not that young and a late pick so it's not like the team has invested a lot in him. Might be good to try to catch lightning in a bottle while there is lightning to be caught like they did with Hutchison. He projects a 5 ERA/FIP which is not going to be any worse than Valdez or whatever scrap heap pitcher they use to fill out #5 otherwise.

  14. #5517
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,179
    Thanks
    14,360
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    So is there any chance we see Borucki in September if Sanchez doesn't return? Just started AA which means he would be rushed. But he's also 23 so not that young and a late pick so it's not like the team has invested a lot in him. Might be good to try to catch lightning in a bottle while there is lightning to be caught like they did with Hutchison. He projects a 5 ERA/FIP which is not going to be any worse than Valdez or whatever scrap heap pitcher they use to fill out #5 otherwise.
    Well he is on the 40...

  15. #5518
    Hall of Famer Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Courtice, Ontario
    Posts
    14,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,293 Posts
    Borucki should be starting in Toronto Wednesday night instead of Valdez.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonn For This Useful Post:

    LetTheBallFly (08-08-2017)

  17. #5519
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,641
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 2,602 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Nothing wrong with leaving him down in AA for the rest of the season. No reason to rush him. Let him start next year in AAA, and he's an injury away from being called up.

  18. #5520
    DONOR Angrioter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    D_R
    Posts
    24,483
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 5,438 Times in 3,268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Nothing wrong with leaving him down in AA for the rest of the season. No reason to rush him. Let him start next year in AAA, and he's an injury away from being called up.
    Sean Nolin is ready to the bigs
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Asia's suicide rate is very high; I'll try to raise it a little bit next month.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •