Page 350 of 420 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400 ... LastLast
Results 5,585 to 5,600 of 6707

Thread: Official MiLB/Prospects Thread

  1. #5585
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    398
    Thanks
    1,204
    Thanked 473 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    If Burrows doesn't start Friday, he'll be going Saturday. If you're sticking around, I'd love to read a first-hand account from you of his stuff.
    Change of plans. Going to the afternoon game on Sunday instead. I need a rainout tonight or tomorrow to get the SRF vs Burrows matchup. If not, I get Conner Greene for NH on Sunday.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to spats For This Useful Post:

    P2F (08-11-2017)

  3. #5586
    Prospect Melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 42 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    On first view... yeah. Kinda makes you think he's got a Marco Estrada ceiling at best... but in his favour he throw way more ground balls.

    4/5 probably isn't impossible. I don't think anyone is expecting the next Halladay
    Another Estrada would be awesome, given how he was signed and his history.

  4. #5587
    Top 100 Prospect wk680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    587
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Harold Ramirez 2.0
    Except Ramirez never has played above AA. Hernandez showed some pretty good results in 112 PA at the MLB level last season, so seems like a higher floor on him.

  5. #5588
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,252
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    Another Estrada would be awesome, given how he was signed and his history.
    That would be ceiling though... more likely result is the 4/5 or pen arm.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  6. #5589
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,645
    Thanks
    340
    Thanked 965 Times in 737 Posts
    Reese McGuire has some nice numbers now. .355 OBP

    Also, DJ Davis 14 hits in his last 35 AB has something clicked?

  7. #5590
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,307
    Thanks
    3,094
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Reese McGuire has some nice numbers now. .355 OBP

    Also, DJ Davis 14 hits in his last 35 AB has something clicked?
    I mean, it's more than likely that it's just SSS noise, but it's nice to dream on the thought that he may have figured something out.

    Does anyone know if he's had a recent change in plate approach?

  8. #5591
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,768
    Thanks
    617
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    On first view... yeah. Kinda makes you think he's got a Marco Estrada ceiling at best... but in his favour he throw way more ground balls.

    4/5 probably isn't impossible. I don't think anyone is expecting the next Halladay
    My problem is is that Estrada's are the exception. Usually soft tossers don't get it done. I like to play the odds. That's why I always prefer velocity over craftiness. If you have both, then you're Doc.

  9. #5592
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,252
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    My problem is is that Estrada's are the exception. Usually soft tossers don't get it done. I like to play the odds. That's why I always prefer velocity over craftiness. If you have both, then you're Doc.
    Bear in mind I was never an Estrada fan even when he was getting good results for those 2 seasons. I generally don't like command/control guys either given they have such a small margin of error from being half decent to being complete trash as we saw this year.

    However, given the jays situation on the mound right now and need for a retool, having the #5 spot filled by a league minimum earning guy from in house wouldn't be the worse situation to have.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  10. #5593
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,768
    Thanks
    617
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Bear in mind I was never an Estrada fan even when he was getting good results for those 2 seasons. I generally don't like command/control guys either given they have such a small margin of error from being half decent to being complete trash as we saw this year.

    However, given the jays situation on the mound right now and need for a retool, having the #5 spot filled by a league minimum earning guy from in house wouldn't be the worse situation to have.
    Oh. I understand you basically need warm bodies right now. I'm just looking from a long term piece standpoint.

  11. #5594
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,252
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Oh. I understand you basically need warm bodies right now. I'm just looking from a long term piece standpoint.
    Fair enough and Rowley is very unlikely to be any type of long term piece so I think we're on the same page here
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  12. #5595
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,362
    Thanks
    662
    Thanked 1,915 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Guerrero with 2 errors and Bichette with monster oppo HR
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  13. #5596
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,236
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 199 Times in 122 Posts
    Teoscar Hernandez has struckout 17 times in 34 AB.

  14. #5597
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,236
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 199 Times in 122 Posts
    lol Conner Greene absolutely destroyed today.

    4.0 IP 12H 10ER 5BB 5K

    Olivares moved up to to A+

  15. #5598
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    646
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 46 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Bear in mind I was never an Estrada fan even when he was getting good results for those 2 seasons. I generally don't like command/control guys either given they have such a small margin of error from being half decent to being complete trash as we saw this year.

    However, given the jays situation on the mound right now and need for a retool, having the #5 spot filled by a league minimum earning guy from in house wouldn't be the worse situation to have.
    What I love about crafty over velo is that 1. they tend to last longer career-wise, and 2. have fewer injuries.

    I don't have the science to back myself up, I just know it's true.

  16. #5599
    Blue Chip Prospect 5minutesforframing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    837
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 106 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Teoscar Hernandez has struckout 17 times in 34 AB.
    He's atrocious.

  17. #5600
    All Star L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    4,716
    Thanks
    665
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskJaysFan_2 View Post
    What I love about crafty over velo is that 1. they tend to last longer career-wise, and 2. have fewer injuries.

    I don't have the science to back myself up, I just know it's true.
    I don't think you're going to find many people who agree with you. I think it actually tends to be the opposite, where hard throwers learn to be crafty vs crafty guys having their stuff play into their mid 30's.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to L54 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (08-13-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •