PHI
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
Page 480 of 525 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490 ... LastLast
Results 7,665 to 7,680 of 8388

Thread: Official MiLB/Prospects Thread

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Biggio and Clemens boys are still killing it.

Biggio: 2/3 with a walk and a HR

Clemens: 1/4 with a HR.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,143 Times in 4,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I've not made a Juan Soto post in a week, so it's time to annoy all of you again: he has a 177 wRC+ through his first 35 A+ plate appearances on a 0.269 BABIP and walked 5 times and struck out twice. If he keeps it going for a couple months he could be the latest 19-year old to reach AA. Possibly on the Vlad/Acuna trajectory.
    Lol calm down BTS...

Cruze
    2:11 Is Juan Soto the next prospect to ascend to the Vlad/Acuna tier?
    Kiley McDaniel
    2:12 Not quite that level of tools, but could turn into 60 bat/power and 50 D in RF. Short track record so waiting to see a bit more, but there's top 10-15 overall prospects (60-65 FV) that are that type of player.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,836 Times in 8,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Lol calm down BTS...

Cruze
    2:11 Is Juan Soto the next prospect to ascend to the Vlad/Acuna tier?
    Kiley McDaniel
    2:12 Not quite that level of tools, but could turn into 60 bat/power and 50 D in RF. Short track record so waiting to see a bit more, but there's top 10-15 overall prospects (60-65 FV) that are that type of player.
    I do not respect Kiley McDaniel and would not ask him a prospect question.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

Thanks
    Thanked 2,933 Times in 1,835 Posts
    I do not respect Kiley McDaniel and would not ask him a prospect question.
    What? Were you not a big fan of his during his first tenure with FG?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to P2F For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-02-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    What? Were you not a big fan of his during his first tenure with FG?
    I've soured on him since he came back. The two have published a lot of things recently that I've perceived as being stupid (ex. 30 current hit on Bichette, 40 current hit on Vlad, Yonny Chirinos as the 22nd best Rays prospect despite contributing in the majors this year and projecting as a league average SP). The fact that he's really arrogant and sure of himself makes him intolerable now. I don't remember him being quite so bad before leaving for the Braves.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

L54 (05-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,671 Posts
    I've soured on him since he came back. The two have published a lot of things recently that I've perceived as being stupid (ex. 30 current hit on Bichette, 40 current hit on Vlad, Yonny Chirinos as the 22nd best Rays prospect despite contributing in the majors this year and projecting as a league average SP). The fact that he's really arrogant and sure of himself makes him intolerable now. I don't remember him being quite so bad before leaving for the Braves.
    His work product began to suffer once Jen Ramos became a co-worker. It's pretty understandable.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

BTS (05-02-2018),Spanky99 (05-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,734 Times in 1,094 Posts
    This is accurate. These nerdy baseball guys who turn into smug pieces of shit are unbearable. I liked his work before he left for Atlanta but now he's got a Dave Cameron feel to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Of course he can, but it's safe to assume Biagini will match Stroman's numbers over the next three years easily.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Wow, SRF is really putting it together so far this year. Another great start today, lots of K’s lately.

He’ll be up this year if he keeps this going.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,814 Times in 4,907 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    This is accurate. These nerdy baseball guys who turn into smug pieces of shit are unbearable. I liked his work before he left for Atlanta but now he's got a Dave Cameron feel to him.
    It's funny how arrogant some of them get once they miraculously land a $10k part time job and sit in it for a couple years.

Having people interact with your tweets must go straight to your head

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laika For This Useful Post:

L54 (05-03-2018),Terminator (05-02-2018)

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Ben Badler answered my Kevin Smith question!

J. Walter Weatherman (The O.C.):
    Kevin Smith is crushing the ball in Lansing and the strikeouts are considerably down. Should Toronto fans get a bit excited that he's potentially figured something out? I know that he was a potential 1st round pick after his Cape Cod performance before imploding in his JR season at Maryland.

Ben Badler:
    It’s a very good sign. It’s still only a month, and it’s a college player in Low-A, but it’s a a lot of very encouraging signals early on.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to metafour For This Useful Post:

Terminator (05-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    It's funny how arrogant some of them get once they miraculously land a $10k part time job and sit in it for a couple years.

Having people interact with your tweets must go straight to your head
    Yeah and if the peons are that full of themselves imagine what some of the big wigs are like. I'm sure a lot of them are fine but when I dabbled my toe in the industry I wasn't all that thrilled with it.

Thanks
    Juan Soto is 2-2 with a double and 3 walks. Promote him to AA. A+ can not contain this young lion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 843 Posts
    Juan Soto is 2-2 with a double and 3 walks. Promote him to AA. A+ can not contain this young lion.
    You beat me to it. What's his ETA, you figure?

I'm hoping I have all of Soto, Riley, and Jesus Sanchez on my BORED team sometime in 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Is Cavan Biggio legit?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metafour View Post
    Ben Badler answered my Kevin Smith question!
    As well as some others:

David (Toronto):
    What are your thoughts on Bo Bichette so far this season?

Ben Badler: Extremely impressed. Tremendous swing, drive the ball with impact to the middle of the park, very advanced hitter's mindset. The bat isn't a surprise but his defense has been. He put in a ton of work on the defensive side this offseason and you can see the difference this year. Some of whether he stays at shortstop is going to be circumstantial, but he looks like he can play shortstop at the big league level, which is a change in his talent level from 2017 and the reason we gave him a slight bump in our new Top 100.
    Casey (NJ): Will we see vlad g jr this year?

Ben Badler: Maybe. The Blue Jays don't know what they're going to do yet, and I'm sure they would like to milk another year of service time control out of him if they can. As a hitter, he's major league ready right now. That sounds wild to say about a 19-year-old, but my goodness, I don't know how you pitch to him because he is such a complete hitter. In BP, he's hitting line drives to RCF that carry to the wall and smoking balls out of the stadium to his pull side. Then in the games, he has such incredible bat control and plate discipline. He's one of the best teenage hitters I've ever seen. But defensively, he does need work at third base. You can't bring him up at DH him because that would legitimately stunt his long-term development; wherever he plays, he needs to be playing third base every day to get better on the defensive side. But wow is he incredible to watch when he's in the batter's box.
    Barry (Halifax): Does Reid-Foley’s performance so far indicate a small sample size or that something has clicked?

Ben Badler: A little of each. I've seen two starts of his this year, including today's when he struck out 10 with no walks. His slider looked sharp both times, flashing plus to work as a putaway pitch, and today he was up to 95 mph. The thing last year with Reid-Foley was consistency. Not in the wishy-wash way teams use sometimes to talk about their own players, but legitimate consistency start to start and within a start, where the slider, curveball or changeup might be there some nights and not others, or things would suddenly collapse on him within an outing. So I want to see him hold this over a larger body of work, but I've definitely seen an improved player from 2017.
    Matthew (DCA): Who would you rather pick to build a team with; Vlad Jr or Acuna?

Ben Badler: Vladdy.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to THANOS For This Useful Post:

Brownie19 (05-02-2018),Deadpool (05-02-2018),devo (05-03-2018),Gen.Disarray (05-03-2018),Pendleton (05-02-2018),Spanky99 (05-03-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    You beat me to it. What's his ETA, you figure?

I'm hoping I have all of Soto, Riley, and Jesus Sanchez on my BORED team sometime in 2019.
    He's pretty much on the same trajectory as Acuna if he keeps going. Unless he struggles at AA for some reason, you have to think we see him in 2019.

As a fellow Sanchez owner, I don't think there's any way we see him in 2019, and I'd be surprised if we see him in 2020. The Rays take their time, and there are still things he can improve on in A. The K/BB isn't good. I bet he stays most/all of this year in A+.