Page 700 of 703 FirstFirst ... 200600650690698699700701702 ... LastLast
Results 11,185 to 11,200 of 11233

Thread: Bringer of Rain Elite Dynasty - - bjmbleagues.com

  1. #11185
    MVP NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    13,388
    Thanks
    988
    Thanked 7,158 Times in 4,049 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Damn, Corey Koskie had a pretty nice career.
    Yeah he as kind of a stud.

    It's weird that his career ended after an .833 OPS and league average production (or better) at just 33.

    It blows that the worst year of his career was the Toronto season. Sad!

  2. #11186
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,859
    Thanks
    2,098
    Thanked 5,926 Times in 3,721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Yeah he as kind of a stud.

    It's weird that his career ended after an .833 OPS and league average production (or better) at just 33.

    It blows that the worst year of his career was the Toronto season. Sad!
    I think he had bad knees or something. Maybe a bad shoulder?

  3. #11187
    MVP NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    13,388
    Thanks
    988
    Thanked 7,158 Times in 4,049 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I think he had bad knees or something. Maybe a bad shoulder?
    Concussions.

    Corey Conkie.

    Canadians have soft noodles. I blame goshdarn full contact Timbits hockey.

  4. #11188
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18,651
    Thanks
    1,724
    Thanked 6,718 Times in 4,171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Yeah he as kind of a stud.

    It's weird that his career ended after an .833 OPS and league average production (or better) at just 33.

    It blows that the worst year of his career was the Toronto season. Sad!
    Not gonna lie, I had no idea Koskie was that good. If he had been able to play more, could have possibly been a consideration for the HOF.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Holy shit, I'm dumn.

  5. #11189
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15,779
    Thanks
    13,057
    Thanked 5,378 Times in 3,443 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Yeah he as kind of a stud.

    It's weird that his career ended after an .833 OPS and league average production (or better) at just 33.

    It blows that the worst year of his career was the Toronto season. Sad!
    I think I remember reading an interview with him about it. Said he was still happy to have fulfilled a lifetime dream and he considers it a career highlight even if the season itself went very poorly.
    "We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."

  6. #11190
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,277
    Thanks
    2,978
    Thanked 10,966 Times in 6,564 Posts
    Anybody want Santiago Casilla now that he signed a 2/11 deal with Oakland? He's probably the primary setup man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  7. #11191
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    29,796
    Thanks
    33,545
    Thanked 6,495 Times in 5,018 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Anybody want Santiago Casilla now that he signed a 2/11 deal with Oakland? He's probably the primary setup man.
    onebigpileofshit.gif

    Am I doing this right?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    Frenchsoup (01-12-2017)

  9. #11192
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18,651
    Thanks
    1,724
    Thanked 6,718 Times in 4,171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    onebigpileofshit.gif

    Am I doing this right?
    Casilla is actually decent and it's not like Doolittle is a sure thing. This doesn't apply, dummy. I'd actually be interested if I didn't have such a pain of a roster crunch right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Holy shit, I'm dumn.

  10. #11193
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    29,796
    Thanks
    33,545
    Thanked 6,495 Times in 5,018 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Casilla is actually decent and it's not like Doolittle is a sure thing. This doesn't apply, dummy. I'd actually be interested if I didn't have such a pain of a roster crunch right now.
    I wasn't talking to you, was I, dummy!

  11. #11194
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,277
    Thanks
    2,978
    Thanked 10,966 Times in 6,564 Posts
    Deciding whether your 21st keeper is worth keeping over your 12th prospect is an interesting wrinkle specific to this league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  12. #11195
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,859
    Thanks
    2,098
    Thanked 5,926 Times in 3,721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Deciding whether your 21st keeper is worth keeping over your 12th prospect is an interesting wrinkle specific to this league.
    Not for me, I only have 9 prospects. 22 keepers all the way.

  13. #11196
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,277
    Thanks
    2,978
    Thanked 10,966 Times in 6,564 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Not for me, I only have 9 prospects. 22 keepers all the way.
    21 and 22 are Santiago Casilla and Seth Lugo for me, and the prospects on the chopping block are Josh Naylor and Eddy Martinez. Leaning towards 22 keepers, but I like Martinez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  14. #11197
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,859
    Thanks
    2,098
    Thanked 5,926 Times in 3,721 Posts
    I need to cut one of Brad Hand or Jake Diekman. They're both pretty good, in fact Hand had 100 Ks this year strictly as a reliever. I'll also be cutting actual closers Ryan Madson and Jim Johnson.

  15. #11198
    All Star Frenchsoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,992
    Thanks
    1,069
    Thanked 263 Times in 213 Posts
    Newspapers, magazines, screens, and books are all trustworthy sources of knowledge.




    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hB41dTHfa0

  16. #11199
    MVP NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    13,388
    Thanks
    988
    Thanked 7,158 Times in 4,049 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I need to cut one of Brad Hand or Jake Diekman. They're both pretty good, in fact Hand had 100 Ks this year strictly as a reliever. I'll also be cutting actual closers Ryan Madson and Jim Johnson.
    Diekman is a bit of a headache in K/BB leagues. Johnson projects quite well and appears to have job security.

  17. #11200
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,859
    Thanks
    2,098
    Thanked 5,926 Times in 3,721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Diekman is a bit of a headache in K/BB leagues. Johnson projects quite well and appears to have job security.
    Diekman is one of those guys like Kelvin Herrera (you're welcome) where the stuff just makes me think there is another gear for him that he hasn't hit yet. Kinda like Andrew Miller circa 2012. Diekman is also a very strong bet for holds, and he already has a 100 K season on his CV. I'll probably cut him anyway, but if I had a spare roster spot and I was looking for an upside reliever, he's a good bet. Sam Dyson's job isn't that secure, a bad first month could open the door for Diekman or Bush to seize the reins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •