• NYY
    BAL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • WSH
    NYM
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    TB
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • BOS
    CHC
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • DET
    CWS
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • MIA
    PIT
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • CLE
    SEA
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • TEX
    LAA
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • MIL
    ATL
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • HOU
    OAK
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • STL
    CIN
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • KC
    MIN
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • ARI
    COL
    Preview
    9:40 PM ET
  • LAD
    PHI
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
  • SF
    SD
    Preview
    10:15 PM ET
Page 700 of 797 FirstFirst ... 200600650690698699700701702710750 ... LastLast
Results 11,185 to 11,200 of 12744

Thread: Bringer of Rain Elite Dynasty - - bjmbleagues.com

  1. #11185
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,990
    Thanks
    1,115
    Thanked 7,967 Times in 4,462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Damn, Corey Koskie had a pretty nice career.
    Yeah he as kind of a stud.

    It's weird that his career ended after an .833 OPS and league average production (or better) at just 33.

    It blows that the worst year of his career was the Toronto season. Sad!

  2. #11186
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,096
    Thanks
    2,261
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Yeah he as kind of a stud.

    It's weird that his career ended after an .833 OPS and league average production (or better) at just 33.

    It blows that the worst year of his career was the Toronto season. Sad!
    I think he had bad knees or something. Maybe a bad shoulder?

  3. #11187
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,990
    Thanks
    1,115
    Thanked 7,967 Times in 4,462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I think he had bad knees or something. Maybe a bad shoulder?
    Concussions.

    Corey Conkie.

    Canadians have soft noodles. I blame goshdarn full contact Timbits hockey.

  4. #11188
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,144
    Thanks
    1,877
    Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Yeah he as kind of a stud.

    It's weird that his career ended after an .833 OPS and league average production (or better) at just 33.

    It blows that the worst year of his career was the Toronto season. Sad!
    Not gonna lie, I had no idea Koskie was that good. If he had been able to play more, could have possibly been a consideration for the HOF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  5. #11189
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,481
    Thanks
    13,563
    Thanked 5,645 Times in 3,620 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Yeah he as kind of a stud.

    It's weird that his career ended after an .833 OPS and league average production (or better) at just 33.

    It blows that the worst year of his career was the Toronto season. Sad!
    I think I remember reading an interview with him about it. Said he was still happy to have fulfilled a lifetime dream and he considers it a career highlight even if the season itself went very poorly.
    "We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."

  6. #11190
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,714
    Thanks
    3,219
    Thanked 11,563 Times in 6,895 Posts
    Anybody want Santiago Casilla now that he signed a 2/11 deal with Oakland? He's probably the primary setup man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  7. #11191
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    32,218
    Thanks
    35,502
    Thanked 6,835 Times in 5,255 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Anybody want Santiago Casilla now that he signed a 2/11 deal with Oakland? He's probably the primary setup man.
    onebigpileofshit.gif

    Am I doing this right?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    Frenchsoup (01-12-2017)

  9. #11192
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,144
    Thanks
    1,877
    Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    onebigpileofshit.gif

    Am I doing this right?
    Casilla is actually decent and it's not like Doolittle is a sure thing. This doesn't apply, dummy. I'd actually be interested if I didn't have such a pain of a roster crunch right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  10. #11193
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    32,218
    Thanks
    35,502
    Thanked 6,835 Times in 5,255 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Casilla is actually decent and it's not like Doolittle is a sure thing. This doesn't apply, dummy. I'd actually be interested if I didn't have such a pain of a roster crunch right now.
    I wasn't talking to you, was I, dummy!

  11. #11194
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,714
    Thanks
    3,219
    Thanked 11,563 Times in 6,895 Posts
    Deciding whether your 21st keeper is worth keeping over your 12th prospect is an interesting wrinkle specific to this league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  12. #11195
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,096
    Thanks
    2,261
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Deciding whether your 21st keeper is worth keeping over your 12th prospect is an interesting wrinkle specific to this league.
    Not for me, I only have 9 prospects. 22 keepers all the way.

  13. #11196
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,714
    Thanks
    3,219
    Thanked 11,563 Times in 6,895 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Not for me, I only have 9 prospects. 22 keepers all the way.
    21 and 22 are Santiago Casilla and Seth Lugo for me, and the prospects on the chopping block are Josh Naylor and Eddy Martinez. Leaning towards 22 keepers, but I like Martinez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  14. #11197
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,096
    Thanks
    2,261
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 3,909 Posts
    I need to cut one of Brad Hand or Jake Diekman. They're both pretty good, in fact Hand had 100 Ks this year strictly as a reliever. I'll also be cutting actual closers Ryan Madson and Jim Johnson.

  15. #11198
    All Star Frenchsoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,025
    Thanks
    1,091
    Thanked 264 Times in 214 Posts
    Newspapers, magazines, screens, and books are all trustworthy sources of knowledge.




    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hB41dTHfa0

  16. #11199
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,990
    Thanks
    1,115
    Thanked 7,967 Times in 4,462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I need to cut one of Brad Hand or Jake Diekman. They're both pretty good, in fact Hand had 100 Ks this year strictly as a reliever. I'll also be cutting actual closers Ryan Madson and Jim Johnson.
    Diekman is a bit of a headache in K/BB leagues. Johnson projects quite well and appears to have job security.

  17. #11200
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,096
    Thanks
    2,261
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Diekman is a bit of a headache in K/BB leagues. Johnson projects quite well and appears to have job security.
    Diekman is one of those guys like Kelvin Herrera (you're welcome) where the stuff just makes me think there is another gear for him that he hasn't hit yet. Kinda like Andrew Miller circa 2012. Diekman is also a very strong bet for holds, and he already has a 100 K season on his CV. I'll probably cut him anyway, but if I had a spare roster spot and I was looking for an upside reliever, he's a good bet. Sam Dyson's job isn't that secure, a bad first month could open the door for Diekman or Bush to seize the reins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •