3:10 PM ET
Page 1 of 765 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringer of Rain Elite Dynasty - - bjmbleagues.com

Thanks

Bringer of Rain Elite Dynasty - - bjmbleagues.com

League Settings
    The following League Settings have passed vote and will be implemented:

Scoring will be H2H, 7x7
    There will be 4 divisions of 5 teams; the divisions will be drafted and will not change substantially from year to year (although some shuffling may occur if divisions are extremely unbalanced)
    Playoffs will consist of 8 teams; the 4 division winners and 4 wildcards

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL, NA

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), On-base Percentage Against (OBPA)

MLB Roster Management
    Each MLB roster will consist of 25 players, plus up to 5 DL slots and 1 NA slot during the season. Each roster will include the following positions:

1. Position Players (9): C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CF, OF, OF, UTIL
    2. Pitchers (10): SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, P
    3. Bench (6)

In mid-February (starting in 2014, exact cut date TBD) – prior to the Rule 5 (Waiver) Draft – teams must trim their MLB rosters down to 20 players (including injured players). Cut players will be eligible for the annual Rule 5 Draft.

Trades between the cut date and the Rule 5 Draft need to have equal numbers of MLB players + waiver picks on both sides, to ensure each team exits the Rule 5 Draft with 25 players.

After the season has concluded and prior to the Cut Date, roster size (both MLB and MiLB) is unlimited. Owners may acquire as many MLB & MiLB players via trade as they wish, so long as their rosters are cut down to the maximum allowable size by mid-February. No free agents may be picked up via the Yahoo database after the conclusion of the playoffs until the conclusion of the Rule 5 Draft.

Lineup Setting is mandatory throughout the duration of the Yahoo season. Owners that do not set lineups with active MLB players for an extended period of time may be considered tanking and expelled from the league accordingly. Prospects and other players that are NA or DL do NOT count as filled roster spots and will be considered vacancies for this purpose.

Unowned prospects that did not hit AA or higher in the previous year cannot be added to MLB rosters on Yahoo, even if they hit AA, unless they are called up to the big leagues. If such players are called up in real life, then they can be added in Yahoo as soon as their MLB parent club adds them to their 25 man roster. Such players that have not been called up in real life by our MiLB draft are eligible to be drafted to MiLB rosters in the June rule 4. International free agents that are not subject to international spending restrictions and sign during the season are eligible to be claimed as soon as Yahoo adds them to the system. International free agents that were subject to international spending restrictions but are added to Yahoo's system during the season will be treated like prospects who did not his AA in the previous season - that is, they cannot be added unless they are called up to the big leagues.

MiLB Roster Management

MiLB rosters will consist of a maximum of 12 prospects. Once a player has been drafted, they belong to that owner and no other owner may pick them up from the Yahoo free agent list. Any such pickups will be voided. Please double-check the official Owned Prospects List before attempting to add a prospect to your 25 man roster from the Yahoo database. Any unowned prospects may be picked up as free agents or via waiver claim (when they are initially added to the Yahoo database upon their call-up).

Prospects may not be promoted to the MLB roster until they have played at least one game at AA or higher. Similarly, free agent prospects may not be added to a MLB man roster until they have played at AA or higher. (Note: This rule is intended to prevent issues arising from owning players in the low minors added to the database by Yahoo.)

When an owner promotes a prospect to their 25 man roster, that prospect can never be sent back down. If a prospect is called up and subsequently released by the owner, they will become subject to waivers and then free agency (if applicable). If a prospect is cut from an MiLB roster before being promoted, that prospect can be picked up as a free agent from the Yahoo database (if at AA or higher) or drafted in the next MiLB draft (as long as they have never played an MLB game).

Prospects may be kept on an MiLB roster until the following MLB conditions are met:

Hitters: 500 career PA
    Pitchers: 26 career X [where X = GS + 0.5(relief appearances)]

Once a prospect has crossed one of these thresholds, he must be promoted to the MLB roster no later than the next February Prospect Cutdown or the next Annual MiLB Draft Prospect Cutdown, whichever comes first.

Prospects can be cut from the MiLB roster at any time, but can only be added to the MiLB roster via the MiLB draft or trade.

Rule V Draft (Waiver)
    Beginning in 2014, an annual Rule 5 (Waiver) Draft will be held each Spring when the Yahoo season opens (approximately late February, exact date TBD). Prior to the Rule 5 Draft, keeper players will be assigned to their respective teams by the commissioner(s). The Rule 5 Draft will consist of 5 rounds (to fill the vacant roster spots 21-25 on each team).*

Rule 5 Draft order will be determined by the standings of the previous season with a weighted lottery on the Top 5 picks (to help prevent intentional tanking). During the Rule 5 Draft, most remaining players in the Yahoo database (with the exception of prospects already owned on MiLB rosters) will be available. The Rule 5 Draft typically consists of MLB international signings, MLB players cut from keeper rosters, and unowned prospects (prospects may only be taken if they have played at AA or higher, see MiLB Roster Management; international signings that were subject to international spending limitations may not be taken in the Rule 5 Draft).*

As the Rule 5 Draft is a manual process, each owner will have 12 hours to make their selection. After the 12 hour window, that owner may make their selection as soon as they arrive, but the draft will carry on in their absence and subsequent owners may make their selections. During the Rule 5 Draft, owners are encouraged to keep close tabs on the progress of the draft in order to quickly make their selection when they are on the clock. Other owners are encouraged to email on-the-clock and on-deck owners so that the Rule 5 Draft may be completed in a timely fashion.*

Only unowned players that have been added to the Yahoo database prior to the beginning of the draft will be eligible.*If a player is added to the database by Yahoo during the Rule 5 Draft, that player will be ineligible to be drafted and will be subject to waivers following the conclusion of the Rule 5 Draft, if eligible.

At the conclusion of the Rule 5 Draft, Waiver Priority will be reset to the inverse of the previous years’ standings and all undrafted players will be placed on waivers for 48 hours to start the season.

Rule 4 Draft (MiLB)

The annual MiLB draft will be held immediately following the conclusion of the real-life MLB Rule 4 Draft (exact date TBD). The draft will consist of 6 rounds and will be conducted on the League Message Board. Draft picks will be assigned each year at the conclusion of the current year's Rule 4 draft (and next year's picks are able to be traded as soon as they are assigned).*

Each owner will be allowed a 12 hour window in which to make their selection. After the 12 hour window, that owner may make their selection as soon as they arrive, but the draft will carry on in their absence and subsequent owners may make their selections.
    *The 12 hour window may be subject to change into a 6 hour window in future years, with clocks not ticking during typical sleeping hours, since this system worked well in the League of Despair start up draft**

Only unowned players who have never played an MLB game and who belong to an MLB parent team are eligible to be drafted. Players who have been drafted by an MLB parent team are eligible to be drafted, even if they have not signed with the parent club (as our annual draft will occur before the signing period has concluded). Drafted prospects that go unsigned and/or return to college may be kept at the owner’s discretion.*

At no time during the Yahoo season may a team’s MiLB roster exceed 12 prospects. This means that prior to the annual MiLB draft; an owner must cut/clear space on their MiLB roster for each draft pick they intend to use. For example, if an owner has 3 draft picks but only 2 open spots on their MiLB roster, they will only be able to draft 2 players and the third pick will be discarded (unless traded). All MiLB cuts must be made one week prior to the annual MiLB draft so that draft order can be finalized and unused picks removed from the draft. At this time, MiLB rosters will be frozen until the conclusion of the draft. If your MiLB roster is full at the time of the draft, you will not be allowed to draft prospects and all of your remaining picks will be discarded.*

Draft order will be determined by the standings of the previous season with a weighted lottery on the Top 5 picks (to help prevent intentional tanking).

Players that are held on MLB rosters at the beginning of the draft cannot be drafted in the rule 4. This means that nobody can cut a prospect that hasn't played an MLB game but is currently held on their MLB roster as an NA right before one of their rule 4 picks in order to "demote" said player to their MiLB roster. If a prospect that hasn't played an MLB game gets cut from an MLB roster*before*the rule 4 draft begins, then they*can*be drafted. In other words, a player can't gain MiLB draft eligibility during the draft.

Trading

Trades may include MLB players, MiLB players, and current-year MiLB draft picks. Future draft picks may not be traded, save for next season's draft picks which can only be traded after the conclusion of the annual MiLB draft in the summer. Specific picks are not assigned until after the season ends, but owners after the rule 4 draft can trade their picks by round, i.e. trade their 2nd round pick for player X. Current-year Waiver Priority*can*be swapped in a trade, however, owners should note that Waiver Priority is reset prior to the annual Waiver Draft,*not*carried over from the previous season.

Trades are subject to commissioner approval, but will be approved unless the trade is found to be overwhelmingly unfair or shows signs of collusion or league sabotage.

If an owner(s) is found to be in collusion or purposely trying to sabotage the league, they will be immediately removed from the league, any roster changes will be reversed, and their roster will be frozen until a suitable replacement is found.
    Last edited by spittin; Yesterday at 01:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,140 Times in 6,682 Posts
    I'd have interest a second DDL type of league if we get 20 good people and a good commish.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,754 Times in 3,411 Posts
    I like the idea of a dedicated website.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I'd have interest a second DDL type of league if we get 20 good people and a good commish.
    That's the idea, the players are critical. Abomination has been an excellent commish for the BBDL, he has my vote. I already know Dinger isn't interested in commishing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    I like the idea of a dedicated website.
    It will be nice, any address suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,754 Times in 3,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin View Post
    www.saberrresource.com/eliteleague

I'm not interested in commishing but I would be interested in helping out with the website, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GD For This Useful Post:

NorthOf49 (12-20-2015)

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,534 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin View Post
    Maybe something like bluejaysfantasyleagues.com, or bjmbfanstayleagues.com? I mean, if a website is created for the Elite league, it can't be much more work to extend it to the BBDL and DDL too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

BTS (12-20-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,576 Times in 1,694 Posts
    Damn. I didn't make the cut. Can't say i'm surprised though rofl.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Damn. I didn't make the cut. Can't say i'm surprised though rofl.
    Someone needs to nominate you, a case could be made that you contributed well to the LOD and finished with a playoff berth your first season. You were also one of the more liked teams on paper last spring.

Thanks
    You need to get NJH and North on board and all 3 of you confirmed, then Cyborg has no choice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 950 Posts
    Looks good. Can we hurry up and get 20. I'd like to draft next week.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

BTS (12-20-2015)

Thanks
    I'm down.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 2,272 Posts
    I'd like to nominate jays4life19. I don't think it needs much of an explanation. Active poster, drafted a very good team in LOD, and is a well known polite poster and bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Orgfiller For This Useful Post:

jays4life19 (12-20-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,140 Times in 6,682 Posts
    Ok there seems to be interest. I'm in.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Orgfiller (12-20-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    I'd like to nominate jays4life19. I don't think it needs much of an explanation. Active poster, drafted a very good team in LOD, and is a well known polite poster and bro.
    Done, thanks.

Thanks
    Ok there seems to be interest. I'm in.
    Done, thanks.