• KC
    MIL
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • STL
    NYM
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
Page 1028 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 285289289781018102610271028102910301038 ... LastLast
Results 16,433 to 16,448 of 16730

Thread: Bringer of Rain Elite Dynasty - - bjmbleagues.com

Thanks
    Thanked 13,642 Times in 8,087 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    I could see this league dying for sure, but the rest of them are pretty strong.
    Feels like LoD and BBDL are healthier than ever right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

P2F (03-27-2018)

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Well both needed a significant blood transfusion after the season. The dispersal drafts had new owners active and that excited the die hard base as they could get in on the action... give it a year or two. I’d be surprised if LOD made it two more years considering the trajectory of board traffic and declining interest in fantasy in general; combined with the unappealing format of course

Thanks
    Thanked 5,175 Times in 3,277 Posts
    The LoD just keeps getting stronger and stronger. It's always had a great group of owners, but with some of the originals falling out of favour with the rules and Fantrax and being replaced by eager owners it's just injected so much life to it. It also has by far the most discussion out of all the leagues.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    Thanked 4,550 Times in 3,045 Posts
    It also has a fucking trophy with room for 9 more years of winners.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

Orgfiller (03-27-2018),P2F (03-27-2018),Spanky99 (03-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,601 Times in 6,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Apparently trades are fine. There’s a “dispute” option that can be just one manager objecting within 48h of the deal and apparently it’s responded to in 24h.

There’s also a veto option when multiple people get upset.

If i wasn’t ok with losing the money I probably would’ve done the $100 league to start. They also have $20, $50, and $500 I think. May be fun for people when leagues here die

Im assuming as you buy-in for more, the more competitive it gets
    Canadians can't join cash leagues... Yahoo's dumn!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Canadians can't join cash leagues... Yahoo's dumn!
    You can do FanTrax money leagues though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (03-28-2018)

Thanks
    Well both needed a significant blood transfusion after the season. The dispersal drafts had new owners active and that excited the die hard base as they could get in on the action... give it a year or two. I’d be surprised if LOD made it two more years considering the trajectory of board traffic and declining interest in fantasy in general; combined with the unappealing format of course
    “I don’t like this thing therefore nobody should”
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (03-28-2018)

Thanks
    “I don’t like this thing therefore nobody should”
    From a guy who quits multiple leagues, leaving his team's barren, which everyone foreseen. Stunned fucking midget.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,216 Posts
    While the waiver system still needs some work, the strength of FanTrax is the ability to keep minor league players, so it doesn't need to be done manually. Additionally, when you're looking to add new players, you don't have to check to make sure they're not on somebody else's minor league roster first.

Of course, that aspect would only appeal to people in dynasty leagues who have a strategy of keeping a farm (IN A DYNASTY LEAGUE).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

Pendleton (03-28-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,026 Times in 4,423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Stunned fucking midget.
    You forgot bald!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (03-28-2018)

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    While the waiver system still needs some work, the strength of FanTrax is the ability to keep minor league players, so it doesn't need to be done manually. Additionally, when you're looking to add new players, you don't have to check to make sure they're not on somebody else's minor league roster first.

Of course, that aspect would only appeal to people in dynasty leagues who have a strategy of keeping a farm (IN A DYNASTY LEAGUE).
    I agree with the first paragraph. That’s actually a nice plus over Yahoo for keeper leagues.

That’s not really the unappealing part. The unappealing part is having absolutely no waiver availability; which is one of the fun parts of fantasy. Shooting off a rough guess but I’d say you have 10-12 guys watching it like a hawk and grabbing anyone interesting (and interesting is a big stretch) and there’s nothing left when someone more casual goes to look. Draft pics are worth pennies; so when you aren’t making the playoffs, some of your prospects may be sting, and your feet are stuck in the sand a bit, it’s not a good recipe for mass appeal. No doubt the 30 team “real” format is what appeals to the diehards the most but either you’ll have to contract or just ignore the fact that a decent portion of the league isn’t active

All Star
    Thanks
    Based on how the board’s traffic has declined and couldn’t even muster 8 people for PL... or even how low maintenance new leagues didnt even get a nibble.. thinking you’ll have 30 good owners 2 years down the road isn’t realistic

Thanks
    Based on how the board’s traffic has declined and couldn’t even muster 8 people for PL... or even how low maintenance new leagues didnt even get a nibble.. thinking you’ll have 30 good owners 2 years down the road isn’t realistic
    People have been saying the forum is dying since at least 2003. Really it slows down a lot when the team isn’t competitive and picks up when it is.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    You forgot bald!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,026 Times in 4,423 Posts
    I absolutely agree with your prognostication, connorp, it's not a good trajectory. However, don't forget that the level of activity on this message board is tightly correlated with the on-field success of the Blue Jays, so if there is a resurgence with the Vlad/Bo wave, we could have a fantasy renaissance on this board. PL is far from the heyday of it's fabled 3-league relegation system, but that's also a symptom of the fantasy owners on this board drifting more towards deep dynasty formats. Redraft is for casuals, and the people who remain here are more obsessed baseball fans.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (03-28-2018)

All Star
    Thanks
    People have been saying the forum is dying since at least 2003. Really it slows down a lot when the team isn’t competitive and picks up when it is.
    I get it. It’s like you’re in a relationship and you’re like “this is awesome” and I’m the dude being like “take off the shades bro”... so we’ll just wait and see