Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 65 to 80 of 80

Thread: Shopping Deals Thread

  1. #65
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,085
    Thanks
    3,217
    Thanked 3,886 Times in 2,598 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    I ignored the weekend frenzy because I noticed freedom had the same deal but you also got a Iphone8 for 15 bucks a month extra and I needed a new phone. Went in today and the jackass behind the counter just told me I had "BAD CREDiT" and couldnt get approved. Having just bought a new car for 0 down and 0% financing I was a bit confused and when I tried to ask why options I could do instead then, he just told me I couldnt get the deal lol and said work on your credit..I havent came that close to clocking someone in the head in about 10 years.

    Is their customer service really this bad or was I just lucky and got stuck with the 1 tool? Not that it matters but I ran my credit score on transion union and I have a 776, which says good.
    776 is very good. Do you have any missed payments or anything showing up on your report? It could be because you have high utilization because of your recent car loan but it's a phone not a mortgage so I find that really surprising. Phone companies are a lot less strict than banks. He sure does sound like a jackass. If one of our sales people at the bank I work for said that to a customer they would be fired.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

    jays_fever (12-21-2017)

  3. #66
    All Star jays_fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,854
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    776 is very good. Do you have any missed payments or anything showing up on your report? It could be because you have high utilization because of your recent car loan but it's a phone not a mortgage so I find that really surprising. Phone companies are a lot less strict than banks. He sure does sound like a jackass. If one of our sales people at the bank I work for said that to a customer they would be fired.
    I may have forgotten to pay a credit card payment here and there but it's a bloody 50 dollar cell phone bill. Some other customer who I could tell english was their second language walked in to try and pay their bill and was a blunt jackass to them as well.
    #FireCasey

  4. #67
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    4,935
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post


    Lol Walmart. Save on fabric costs for this "shirt"?
    lol I've been laughing at this for like two minutes straight.

  5. #68
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    4,935
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Anyone else take advantage of the $60 10 gb mobile plans last weekend?
    I still don't even have data on my phone...

  6. #69
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,878
    Thanks
    3,674
    Thanked 12,831 Times in 7,660 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubmvp View Post
    I still don't even have data on my phone...
    Aren't you in your 60s though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  7. #70
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    4,935
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Aren't you in your 60s though?
    I suddenly don't feel so old after turning 30 this year, thank you.

  8. #71
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,963
    Thanks
    659
    Thanked 2,714 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubmvp View Post
    I suddenly don't feel so old after turning 30 this year, thank you.
    I think the "old" age cutoff right now comes from whether you remember having dial up internet or not.

  9. #72
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,878
    Thanks
    3,674
    Thanked 12,831 Times in 7,660 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I think the "old" age cutoff right now comes from whether you remember having dial up internet or not.
    I 'member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  10. #73
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    4,935
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I think the "old" age cutoff right now comes from whether you remember having dial up internet or not.
    So basically 90s kids are now old. I guess I always knew this day was coming.

  11. #74
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,551
    Thanks
    2,178
    Thanked 8,041 Times in 5,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    I ignored the weekend frenzy because I noticed freedom had the same deal but you also got a Iphone8 for 15 bucks a month extra and I needed a new phone. Went in today and the jackass behind the counter just told me I had "BAD CREDiT" and couldnt get approved. Having just bought a new car for 0 down and 0% financing I was a bit confused and when I tried to ask why options I could do instead then, he just told me I couldnt get the deal lol and said work on your credit..I havent came that close to clocking someone in the head in about 10 years.

    Is their customer service really this bad or was I just lucky and got stuck with the 1 tool? Not that it matters but I ran my credit score on transion union and I have a 776, which says good.
    I think you got unlucky although I find that the people in carrier stores are generally more likely to be assholes. My gf just went in and got a new phone at Freedom and they were super helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

  12. #75
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,551
    Thanks
    2,178
    Thanked 8,041 Times in 5,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I think the "old" age cutoff right now comes from whether you remember having dial up internet or not.
    Oh come on. Wasn't high speed only around in like 1999? I didn't have DSL until I was in grade 6, 2001 (I think) and I'm turning 30 next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

  13. #76
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,963
    Thanks
    659
    Thanked 2,714 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Oh come on. Wasn't high speed only around in like 1999? I didn't have DSL until I was in grade 6, 2001 (I think) and I'm turning 30 next year.
    I'm older than you are. Don't worry, I was saying I'm old too lol. I didn't have ANY Internet when I was 6, let alone DSL.

  14. #77
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,897
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 992 Times in 753 Posts
    i ordered a 55" vizio 4K on dec 29

    problems with delivery, still not received so have been doing some online chats with Amazon

    so they give me a $100 credit in one chat

    i just finished another chat, they ordered me a replacement and gave me a number to call about the 1st order, called and sorted out the 1st order and it will be delivered next Thursday

    i asked about the 2nd order, the amazon person said no problem, you will get that one too

    Two 55" 4K Smart TVs for $820 Cdn tax included - $100 Amazon credit = $720 or $360 per TV

    The 1st order was 30% off when I bought it.......

    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimcanuck For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-12-2018)

  16. #78
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40,055
    Thanks
    41,730
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 6,196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    i ordered a 55" vizio 4K on dec 29

    problems with delivery, still not received so have been doing some online chats with Amazon

    so they give me a $100 credit in one chat

    i just finished another chat, they ordered me a replacement and gave me a number to call about the 1st order, called and sorted out the 1st order and it will be delivered next Thursday

    i asked about the 2nd order, the amazon person said no problem, you will get that one too

    Two 55" 4K Smart TVs for $820 Cdn tax included - $100 Amazon credit = $720 or $360 per TV

    The 1st order was 30% off when I bought it.......

    LOL
    Sweet, nice get.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

  17. #79
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,902
    Thanks
    640
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    i ordered a 55" vizio 4K on dec 29

    problems with delivery, still not received so have been doing some online chats with Amazon

    so they give me a $100 credit in one chat

    i just finished another chat, they ordered me a replacement and gave me a number to call about the 1st order, called and sorted out the 1st order and it will be delivered next Thursday

    i asked about the 2nd order, the amazon person said no problem, you will get that one too

    Two 55" 4K Smart TVs for $820 Cdn tax included - $100 Amazon credit = $720 or $360 per TV

    The 1st order was 30% off when I bought it.......

    LOL
    Don't count your chickens. Things like this have a way of going sideways. Maybe you never get the 2nd one, or they send it to you, plus a second bill.

    If it works out though.... Awesome.

  18. #80
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,897
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 992 Times in 753 Posts
    maybe but i specifically asked the amazon person, she said "nope you got a 2nd one free"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •