SD
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Men's fashion thread

Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,503 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    I just bought my first roots sweats, about 150 for a sweater and pants. They're really good quality but I dont know, seems a tad excessive
    Word same here I got my first sweats and hoodie a few months ago and it was the same price, but honestly while they are pricey I haven't found anything really that's cheaper and keep me warm/comfortable
    Quote Originally Posted by havok24 View Post
    1. Integrate the following function "Insert function"
    fatcow's answer: Beltran to 3B.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcowxlive View Post
    Word same here I got my first sweats and hoodie a few months ago and it was the same price, but honestly while they are pricey I haven't found anything really that's cheaper and keep me warm/comfortable
    I really like Uniqlo. They finally opened a store in Toronto. Bought stuff from them in NYC and when I was in Japan last year. They have these heat tech undershirts that are sick. As well they have some nice sweats and hoodies that are comfortable and good quality.

Thanks
    Not really fashion but quick question. When I go into shoe stores these days the two big sections are running and training. I play sports off and on like basketball, volleyball, badminton etc... I'm not going to go buy a pair of shoes for basketball and badminton shoes etc... since I don't play any one sport enough to justify that. Do most people just get a pair from the "training" section for general sportyness? From what I understand the running shoes are pretty much just good for running?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fireballW View Post
    Not really fashion but quick question. When I go into shoe stores these days the two big sections are running and training. I play sports off and on like basketball, volleyball, badminton etc... I'm not going to go buy a pair of shoes for basketball and badminton shoes etc... since I don't play any one sport enough to justify that. Do most people just get a pair from the "training" section for general sportyness? From what I understand the running shoes are pretty much just good for running?
    Depends on how intense you are planning to play. I've rolled my ankle before doing that. If you're playing something like once a month and not too intensely, my guess is that your risk of injury is relatively small. Once a week or more and you should probably get the proper shoes for basketball or volleyball. I'm not familiar enough with badminton to know of the risks there.

Not exactly speaking as an expert or anything, just from personal experience.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

fireballW (04-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,443 Posts
    If I were you, I'd pick up a pair of basketball shoes. If you find the right pair, they'll also be very good for playing volleyball, badminton, etc in and it's probably a fair price to pay to decrease your chances of injury.

Nike Hyperlive
    Under Armour Clutchfit Drive Low
    Adidas D Lillard
    Jordan CP3
    Under Armour Curry Low
    Nike Kobe Mentality
    Nike PG1

some reasonable options
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GD For This Useful Post:

fireballW (04-15-2017)

Thanks
    I'm old now so my idea of basketball shoes were mostly big, high ankled things. Something like those Curry ones would be pretty good. Thanks for the tips!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,443 Posts
    I'm old now so my idea of basketball shoes were mostly big, high ankled things. Something like those Curry ones would be pretty good. Thanks for the tips!
    No problem. KD9's would be good too but not sure if you want to blow that much money on a pair of shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,794 Posts
    Who are some good brands that sell good, inexpensive ties? Something not boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Barnes insouciance on the mound makes him a terminator.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,717 Times in 4,810 Posts
    I missed the Roots sweats post, but my salt and pepper sweatpants might be my favourite piece of clothing I own. They have nice sales here and there but they are worth it imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    Who are some good brands that sell good, inexpensive ties? Something not boring.
    I hate ties with a passion but the few I have bought were from Moores or Tip Top Tailors
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,174 Posts
    I usually go to tip top tailors for dress clothes. Usually have good sales, and they have some decent brands.

Thanks
    If you're looking for inexpensive, you might as well go to Winners. You'll find some mall brand ties for around $20. Still, your desire to find a "not boring" tie worries me. Ties that are not boring (by which I assume you mean tasteful) are generally ugly. What do you need it for, anyway?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vandelay For This Useful Post:

TheHurl (04-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,747 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Andrew's Ties in the PATH. Won't call them inexpensive but fair priced. I picked up Ike Behar ties for $35 on sale (usually retailing over $100). If you are talking really inexpensive I have a co-worker that swears by The Tie Bar (online)
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,717 Times in 4,810 Posts
    I like International Clothiers for ties and stuff and they'll usually have something like 2 for 20 ties or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,177 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Issuesohrow View Post
    I like clothes with a twist, just match and wear
    Hmmm... You have future spammer written all over you. What's your deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    The Governator is a man's man.