• PIT 10
    DET 12
    In Progress
    Top 9th
  • PIT
    DET
    Preview
    3:33 AM ET
  • HOU 5
    LAA 2
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • CWS 3
    SEA 4
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • COL 5
    SD 2
    Final
    3:10 PM ET
  • SF 2
    WSH 15
    Final
    3:45 PM ET
  • NYY 2
    MIN 2
    In Progress
    Bottom 3rd
  • CIN 0
    ATL 2
    In Progress
    Bottom 3rd
  • PHI 1
    ARI 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 2nd
  • BAL 1
    TB 1
    In Progress
    Top 2nd
  • TOR 1
    BOS 1
    In Progress
    Bottom 2nd
  • CLE 0
    CHC 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 2nd
  • LAD 0
    MIA 0
    In Progress
    Top 1st
  • TEX 0
    OAK 0
    Pre-Game
    8:05 PM ET
  • KC 0
    MIL 0
    Pre-Game
    8:15 PM ET
  • STL 0
    NYM 0
    Pre-Game
    8:15 PM ET
Page 1049 of 1101 FirstFirst ... 4954994999910391047104810491050105110591099 ... LastLast
Results 16,769 to 16,784 of 17609

Thread: Politics Thread

  1. #16769
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,869
    Thanks
    2,332
    Thanked 8,670 Times in 5,355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    lol, thats a very stupid analogy
    It's a great and accurate analogy. Here's another good one:

    Donald Trump has done a reasonable job up to this point other than the times he hurt my precious, delicate feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

  2. #16770
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,511
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 238 Times in 171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Exactly. Soon there will be no one left in Washington but a lot of Democrats and a smattering of Republicans.
    None of those people fit his agenda and are extensions of the democratic party. You listed a bunch of globalists and a attorney general that I am sure the clinton machine has dirt on him and will expose him if he indicts her (no reason he should go to inspector general with her criminality). I am under the impression he is just a puppet of Rod Rosenstein (Obama and Hillary crony) who is actually pulling the strings and is attorney general only by name.

    Also a democrat, globalist, billionaire should be nowhere near the white house as well. Kushner is one of the few disappointments I have with trump.

    Drain the swamp!
    There are no atheists in foxholes

  3. #16771
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    None of those people fit his agenda and are extensions of the democratic party. You listed a bunch of globalists and a attorney general that I am sure the clinton machine has dirt on him and will expose him if he indicts her (no reason he should go to inspector general with her criminality). I am under the impression he is just a puppet of Rod Rosenstein (Obama and Hillary crony) who is actually pulling the strings and is attorney general only by name.

    Also a democrat, globalist, billionaire should be nowhere near the white house as well. Kushner is one of the few disappointments I have with trump.

    Drain the swamp!
    I don't think you understand the American system if government very well.

  4. #16772
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    It's a great and accurate analogy. Here's another good one:

    Donald Trump has done a reasonable job up to this point other than the times he hurt my precious, delicate feelings.
    Sir, what is your problem?

  5. #16773
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,869
    Thanks
    2,332
    Thanked 8,670 Times in 5,355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    Sir, what is your problem?
    All reasonable people know Trump has done a reasonable job as president other than a couple of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

  6. #16774
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    569
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 42 Times in 28 Posts
    The biggest problem facing the world overall is not the economy, or terrorism, or equality or overpopulation.

    The biggest problem facing the world is the deteriorating condition of this planet. Not only president Trump has done nothing to alleviate this problem, but He has set the US back 20 years. Worst of all, he has given the impression that the fight against Global Warming and Climate change is not important. Sustainability of the planet should be our no.1 priority, finding environmentally friendly sources of energy should be our no.2 priority. Ensuring a strong perpetration of species for generations to come should be our no.3 priority.

    America might be on its way to be great again, but in 300 years there will not be a planet for it to exist on. What we are doing to our species is the equivalent of a 30 year old smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day. Reasonable has nothing to do with it because it might already be too late.

  7. #16775
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    All reasonable people know Trump has done a reasonable job as president other than a couple of things.
    That's not really true. But, I was asking more in general, what is your problem?

  8. #16776
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AledmysDiaz View Post
    The biggest problem facing the world overall is not the economy, or terrorism, or equality or overpopulation.

    The biggest problem facing the world is the deteriorating condition of this planet. Not only president Trump has done nothing to alleviate this problem, but He has set the US back 20 years. Worst of all, he has given the impression that the fight against Global Warming and Climate change is not important. Sustainability of the planet should be our no.1 priority, finding environmentally friendly sources of energy should be our no.2 priority. Ensuring a strong perpetration of species for generations to come should be our no.3 priority.

    America might be on its way to be great again, but in 300 years there will not be a planet for it to exist on. What we are doing to our species is the equivalent of a 30 year old smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day. Reasonable has nothing to do with it because it might already be too late.
    A lot of accuracy in this post.

  9. #16777
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,801
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 469 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    A lot of accuracy in this post.
    Not accurate at all really. Look at human history and the rate of war, the development of WMD's (the power and accessibility as time goes on), etc etc

    Obviously with assurances of mutual distraction there is going to be a strong hesitation to pull the trigger but again, analyzing human history, the chances of nuclear war not breaking out in at least the next 500 years (likely much sooner) or so is pretty much nill. So... not sure plating some trees is the bigger issue facing mankind

  10. #16778
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,801
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 469 Times in 356 Posts
    Also the world will be here in 300 years Mr. Gore

  11. #16779
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,511
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 238 Times in 171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Also the world will be here in 300 years Mr. Gore
    Yup. Dr. Roy Spencer is one of the most knowledgeable authorities on the topic of "man made" climate change. You should give him a read. Really interesting stuff.

    Gore is just a scam artist.
    There are no atheists in foxholes

  12. #16780
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,801
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 469 Times in 356 Posts
    Actually I think Jim upped the ante and questioned if world would be here in 100 years

  13. #16781
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,801
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 469 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    None of those people fit his agenda and are extensions of the democratic party. You listed a bunch of globalists and a attorney general that I am sure the clinton machine has dirt on him and will expose him if he indicts her (no reason he should go to inspector general with her criminality). I am under the impression he is just a puppet of Rod Rosenstein (Obama and Hillary crony) who is actually pulling the strings and is attorney general only by name.

    Also a democrat, globalist, billionaire should be nowhere near the white house as well. Kushner is one of the few disappointments I have with trump.

    Drain the swamp!
    As a guy that usually defends Trump, I will say I take issue that he's a man that seems to lack conviction.

    Seems he's easily persuaded both ways. Just two recent examples are the NRA and Dreamers situations. Takes one stance when listening to the left but then backtracks when the right sets him straight.

    I wish there was a path for Pence by the next election

  14. #16782
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,511
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 238 Times in 171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    As a guy that usually defends Trump, I will say I take issue that he's a man that seems to lack conviction.

    Seems he's easily persuaded both ways. Just two recent examples are the NRA and Dreamers situations. Takes one stance when listening to the left but then backtracks when the right sets him straight.

    I wish there was a path for Pence by the next election
    There is a dichotomy that he struggles with. I think it's because he has been a lifetime democrat/centrist as a private citizen but is actually governing as a Reagan Conservative. He is doing a reasonable and effective job at it too.
    There are no atheists in foxholes

  15. #16783
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,789
    Thanks
    2,548
    Thanked 7,030 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    As a guy that usually defends Trump, I will say I take issue that he's a man that seems to lack conviction.

    Seems he's easily persuaded both ways. Just two recent examples are the NRA and Dreamers situations. Takes one stance when listening to the left but then backtracks when the right sets him straight.
    Most likely because he has the attention span of a goldfish and a total indifference to educating himself on relevant politic topics. Sometimes I think he'll quit before his term is up because he's just too bored of it.

  16. #16784
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,900
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 822 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Most likely because he has the attention span of a goldfish and a total indifference to educating himself on relevant politic topics. Sometimes I think he'll quit before his term is up because he's just too bored of it.
    His policy is based on who he talked to last, or what he saw on Fox and Friends that morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •