• SEA
    MIN
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    SD
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 1098 of 1108 FirstFirst ... 985989981048108810961097109810991100 ... LastLast
Results 17,553 to 17,568 of 17713

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 843 Posts
    connor doesn't have a good grasp of basic democratic and law and order principles
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    by the way, the only agenda of private news media is to make money....
    are you serious? Besides Trump their biased championing of social causes and pc culture is apparent to anyone that has sense

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    “Trump asked me to investigate he dossier to prove it was false”...
    ? And would it not be possible in the act of doing so that’d you actually come to the conclusion that it did happen? So if it did happen,it wouldn’t be wise to have the FBI investigate. I feel that’s pretty basic logic

Thanks
    Thanked 7,143 Times in 4,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    ? And would it not be possible in the act of doing so that’d you actually come to the conclusion that it did happen? So if it did happen,it wouldn’t be wise to have the FBI investigate. I feel that’s pretty basic logic
    'Make this go away or I'll fire you and get someone who will.' Sounds like he really had the best interests of the country at heart.

Thanks
    are you serious? Besides Trump their biased championing of social causes and pc culture is apparent to anyone that has sense
    media will report and say things their audience wants to hear

for example, if CNN turned Fox and started espousing conservative causes, most of their viewers would desert them

do you understand now?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,832 Times in 8,198 Posts
    Well, he told him to prove it was false, then asked him for loyalty, then fired him when it became obvious that he intended to actually investigate.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

Thanks
    connor seems to think it is OK for the president to order the FBI to investigate Hillary Clinton, not investigate Russia interference, not investigate Michael Flynn, investigate the 'golden shower' allegation, etc

that's how it works in Stalin's and Putin's Russia, connor

you sure you want that in the USA?

i guess in Russia they don't fire, they execute or poison. but then just yesterday, connor, you advocated the death penalty for drug dealers so.....

Thanks
    I kinda wish I hadn't perma-banned 4 Franklin accounts yesterday. He'd be trolling connorp more effectively than I ever could right now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Terminator (04-13-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I kinda wish I hadn't perma-banned 4 Franklin accounts yesterday. He'd be trolling connorp more effectively than I ever could right now.
    I don't know why he was banned. He could be annoying yes but that's not reason to ban.

Thanks
    I don't know why he was banned. He could be annoying yes but that's not reason to ban.
    I'm truly sorry that you have lost a valued ally in the BJMB Politics Thread wars.

All Star
    Thanks
    I was of this opinion but then he’d go on rants trying to get banned. So he had it coming. But otherwise I didn’t think he was too bad

All Star
    Thanks

i guess in Russia they don't fire, they execute or poison. but then just yesterday, connor, you advocated the death penalty for drug dealers so.....
    I was just playing devils advocate with drug dealers. I do however believe in stiff sentences for drug offenses. Depending of course; dealing vs personal use, if the offender has actually been a productive member of society, etc

Thanks
    Thanked 8,811 Times in 5,443 Posts
    I was just playing devils advocate with drug dealers. I do however believe in stiff sentences for drug offenses. Depending of course; dealing vs personal use, if the offender has actually been a productive member of society, etc
    LSD is currently illegal in the USA. It is non-toxic (you'd have to eat a shit ton to OD) and is used by many intellectuals as a psychedelic.

So someone dealing LSD, a harmless drug, should be locked away forever in your view?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

All Star
    Thanks
    LSD is currently illegal in the USA. It is non-toxic (you'd have to eat a shit ton to OD) and is used by many intellectuals as a psychedelic.

So someone dealing LSD, a harmless drug, should be locked away forever in your view?
    I didn’t use LSD much but did a lot of ecstasy in college. A lot lol. Shit puts holes in your brain and lsd I’m sure does too

As for who I’d throw the book at, it’d be a case by case basis. If your example of lsd isn’t so bad I guess there’s no big deal (to you I mean) but when you’re talking about people selling heroin that’s killing kids and crack that’s destroying communities, it’s a bit diff

Thanks
    I didn’t use LSD much but did a lot of ecstasy in college. A lot lol. Shit puts holes in your brain and lsd I’m sure does too

As for who I’d throw the book at, it’d be a case by case basis. If your example of lsd isn’t so bad I guess there’s no big deal (to you I mean) but when you’re talking about people selling heroin that’s killing kids and crack that’s destroying communities, it’s a bit diff
    there are already stiff penalties, making them stiffer will just cost you more to keep people in jail

meanwhile, some other shithead will take over the drug market

anyone that thinks the drug war can be won is pretty dumb

spending more on education and community outreach and less on enforcement and jails probably be more effective use of $$

Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,237 Posts

Psychedelics are not harmless. People can do a lot of crazy shit on them, and end up hurting themselves or others.
    Not saying they should be locked up, but government should provide info as to the dangers of these drugs, instead of lumping all drugs together and saying 'bad'