Page 51 of 994 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 1,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    That's pretty funny. I don't mind when he does stuff like this to ruffle all you lib's panties
    GOP leaders dump on Trump judge comments, reconsider endorsements

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...nts/ar-BBtYvmx

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...rns/ar-BBtQLWE

I love it when all these Libs ^ in the GOP have their panties ruffled at Trump for more dumb racist comments.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,667 Posts
    I forgot to give my thumbs up on this Trump story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...en-pocahontas/

That's pretty funny. I don't mind when he does stuff like this to ruffle all you lib's panties
    Why would you love that? It's, in a nutshell, why he's not presidential material. I'd immediately withdraw my support from Sanders if he said that.

Comments like that will cost him moderate votes, and the election.

All Star
    Thanks
    Meh.. Guys like Ryan are angling for their own future campaigns. I'll call Trump out when he's saying ridiculous stuff about nuclear weapons... But seriously if I was in his position I'd be concerned about the judge's impartiality as well... Really with Trump's very public disparaging comments about Mexican immigrants, the judge should really recluse himself. It's not an uncommon practice.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Why would you love that? It's, in a nutshell, why he's not presidential material. I'd immediately withdraw my support from Sanders if he said that.

Listen, so many people are sick on the PC culture nonsense that the media and a minority of the people have been able to shove down our throats. Many are also sick of politicians like Clinton that are "presidential" in their behavior but stiff as a board. Trump is rough, yes. If there was something in the middle I'd be all for that candidate but unfortunately there's not and so I will vote for Trump along with a whole bunch of other people.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,984 Times in 3,820 Posts
    Meh.. Guys like Ryan are angling for their own future campaigns. I'll call Trump out when he's saying ridiculous stuff about nuclear weapons... But seriously if I was in his position I'd be concerned about the judge's impartiality as well... Really with Trump's very public disparaging comments about Mexican immigrants, the judge should really recluse himself. It's not an uncommon practice.
    Judge's recuse themselves because of their own biases not because of those of the people on trial. The judge isn't the one who has expressed a bias. Trump is taking the perception of his own bias against Mexicans and holding that against the judge. That's not how it works.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KingKat For This Useful Post:

BigCecil (06-07-2016),Dr. Dinger (06-07-2016),Spanky99 (06-07-2016)

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post

Also comments like that hardly nailed his coffin. That's the narrative you guys have said since day 1. Calling Mexican immigrants murders and rapists was like 50x worse and that was the springboard of his campaign

Thanks
    Should everyone Trump has offended effectively recuse (its actually recuse) themselves in society because of comments from a candidate who holds no office? How about Muslims and women?

And its not just Ryan. I don't think McCain has any future political ambitions and he is as offended as anyone else who is speaking out. Got to love the far right....as long as Trump doesnt talk about pushing the button everything else is ok.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,842 Times in 4,304 Posts
    First of all, it's recuse. And why would the judge recuse himself? He's American. He was born in America. You're racist just for suggesting that.

Thanks
    Also comments like that hardly nailed his coffin. That's the narrative you guys have said since day 1. Calling Mexican immigrants murders and rapists was like 50x worse and that was the springboard of his campaign
    Yup, and that pretty much says it all about who is voting for him, and the state of US politics.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigCecil For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (06-07-2016)

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Judge's recuse themselves because of their own biases not because of those of the people on trial. The judge isn't the one who has expressed a bias. Trump is taking the perception of his own bias against Mexicans and holding that against the judge. That's not how it works.
    I believe it boils down to if a judge's impartiality could reasonably be questioned. I don't think that's an unfair question to ask of someone whose parents are Mexican immigrants. I'm not saying it effects his ability to be impartial but it's question worthy

Thanks
    I believe it boils down to if a judge's impartiality could reasonably be questioned. I don't think that's an unfair question to ask of someone whose parents are Mexican immigrants. I'm not saying it effects his ability to be impartial but it's question worthy
    no it isn't.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigCecil For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dinger (06-07-2016)

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    First of all, it's recuse. And why would the judge recuse himself? He's American. He was born in America. You're racist just for suggesting that.
    I typod it or spell check, I know the diff

All Star
    Thanks
    Listen, it's not like Trump has a small cult following of undesirables. He's neck and neck in this general election so sorry to break it to you but not everyone sees these things the same way you do.. Or even GOP politicans. People obviously don't want them or Trump wouldn't be here

Thanks
    Listen, so many people are sick on the PC culture nonsense that the media and a minority of the people have been able to shove down our throats. Many are also sick of politicians like Clinton that are "presidential" in their behavior but stiff as a board. Trump is rough, yes. If there was something in the middle I'd be all for that candidate but unfortunately there's not and so I will vote for Trump along with a whole bunch of other people.
    A whole bunch of people will, yes. I just suspect it won't be the majority of people.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,842 Times in 4,304 Posts
    Listen, it's not like Trump has a small cult following of undesirables. He's neck and neck in this general election so sorry to break it to you but not everyone sees these things the same way you do.. Or even GOP politicans. People obviously don't want them or Trump wouldn't be here
    Nobody is arguing that there aren't many, many ignorant, uneducated racists in America. We all agree on that.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

BigCecil (06-07-2016),Spanky99 (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Donald Trump is the Republican nominee for President of the United States. Every once in awhile, when you take a step back and just think about the fact that this has happened, it seems unbelievable. This will be a national embarrassment for decades.