Page 547 of 677 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,737 to 8,752 of 10819

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 5,548 Times in 3,564 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    After thinking about it some more, I'm actually glad Buzzfeed released the dossier. I know their reasoning is garbage and their intent is to likely hurt Trump. But with CNN being vague with regard to this ridiculous report of "Russian blackmail on Trump" at least we can read it for ourselves. I know that some people who hate Trump will likely use it against him by taking it to be true but at least everyone else can now see how ridiculous it actually is. That's much better than CNN continuing to float this secret Russian blackmail stuff. It's just better to get it out there.
    I haven't looked into this much at all. What's the blackmail angle? That he has a pee fetish? I couldn't care less that he does though I get that he might care enough to be willing to pay to keep it quiet. If that's the case than it's a good thing that it's out there now (assuming of course that any of this is even true).
    "We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I'll make a post in the TV thread if I get booked. Fingers crossed. I got Final Jeopardy right last night and all three contestants got it wrong. Suck an egg, poindexters!
    Was that the early Shakespeare question? Wow, good job.

We watch almost nightly because my kids like it. I don't know why; they're 10 and 7 and don't know jack. It might be the theme song.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,426 Times in 912 Posts
    And just because of course ... this will never die...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/12/politi...ion/index.html

DOJ looking into the whole Clinton email thing to see if the FBI did something wrong in how they handled the investigation.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Thanked 6,120 Times in 3,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS View Post
    Was that the early Shakespeare question? Wow, good job.

We watch almost nightly because my kids like it. I don't know why; they're 10 and 7 and don't know jack. It might be the theme song.
    Yeah it was the Shakespeare question. Something like "This Shakespeare play with two title characters had the earliest of any of his settings." I'm paraphrasing. I could tell they were trying to lead the answer to Antony & Cleopatra, but I knew it wasn't that because Julius Caesar is set before it. Plus I was an English major so, unfortunately, I had to read Troilus and Cressida.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,426 Times in 912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    It's about time we have a guy who's just winging it.
    Used to do this all the time at work. Walk around with a clipboard and a few sheets of paper in it and everyone still thinks you're working.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Thanked 6,120 Times in 3,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TholesWeirdEye View Post
    Anybody posting on this board is a nerd by definition. I wear it as a badge of honour.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

Abomination (01-12-2017),Terminator (01-12-2017),TholesWeirdEye (01-12-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,259 Times in 6,752 Posts
    Wow, this is a sports forum and this thread is less than a year old and has more posts than the 3-year old NHL thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Terminator (01-12-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,696 Times in 5,155 Posts
    You'd think there was a Presidential election or something?!?! Wowzers!

Thanks
    Anybody posting on this board is a nerd by definition. I wear it as a badge of honour.
    Agreed!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    I haven't looked into this much at all. What's the blackmail angle? That he has a pee fetish? I couldn't care less that he does though I get that he might care enough to be willing to pay to keep it quiet. If that's the case than it's a good thing that it's out there now (assuming of course that any of this is even true).
    From what I got out of it is that someone on 4chan created a fake document that said Trump went to Russia, got a hotel and proceeded to let hookers piss on him. Apparently this information got "leaked" and the CIA and some news outlets (Buzzfeed/CNN?) got wind of it and published it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TholesWeirdEye View Post
    From what I got out of it is that someone on 4chan created a fake document that said Trump went to Russia, got a hotel and proceeded to let hookers piss on him. Apparently this information got "leaked" and the CIA and some news outlets (Buzzfeed/CNN?) got wind of it and published it.
    Yeah I get that but is that really something Russia would blackmail Trump with. Give us X or we'll tell everyone you're into pee?
    "We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 932 Posts
    There were a multitude of claims in there. Pee fetish, sex tape, multiple meetings and contact between Team Trump and the Russians, etc. None of it has been verified. But yeah I think the worry is that Russia tells him "do what we say or we'll release the sex tape/pee fetish info/evidence of collaboration with us/etc." If they actually had some evidence of that I'd be concerned as everyone should be but until it's verified I don't think anyone should bother entertaining pee fetish theories.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 932 Posts
    For sure. The internet has changed things for nerds. We aren't outcasts anymore. Nerd culture is in.

Thanks
    Yeah I get that but is that really something Russia would blackmail Trump with. Give us X or we'll tell everyone you're into pee?
    It's Russia so who knows. The claims are ridiculous but with the world today....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TholesWeirdEye For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-12-2017)

Thanks
    Remember when there was a rumour that Rob Ford had a sex tape? That never did see the light while he was alive. That's probably for the best.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingKat For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-12-2017),TholesWeirdEye (01-12-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,048 Times in 4,381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    You'd think there was a Presidential election or something?!?! Wowzers!
    or that hockey suxxxx
    STD is on fire tonight.