Page 990 of 993 FirstFirst ... 490890940980988989990991992 ... LastLast
Results 15,825 to 15,840 of 15884

Thread: Politics Thread

  1. #15825
    Big Leaguer Maahfaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,189
    Thanks
    1,623
    Thanked 669 Times in 477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    No the statement is not racist nor is it in any way close to what Trump said other than the use of the word shithole.

    A statement closer to what Trump said is "Why are blacks and hispanics allowed to play in that shithole league"
    Explain how you came to that conclusion from what he stated? He didn't reference any race in his statement.
    If you infer that "people" equates to "blacks", then I can see how your mind came to that racist conclusion. But if you do it for one statement, why not the other?
    If your argument is that the people from the countries in question are predominantly black, therefore the inference is warranted, are the players in the NFL not predominantly black? Shouldn't that same standard of inference not apply to that statement as well?
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  2. #15826
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,752
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    I'll take a crack at it. They're all shithole countries where the government steals all the money and leave the masses poor and all that comes with that... and the other one is oil rich and spreads around the wealth to all their people. So basically they're polar opposites.
    That's exactly how Libya was until crooked Hillary got her filthy hands on it. So yeah, to generalize 50 different countries and countless tribes and cultures that happen to live on one continent is pretty ignorant.

  3. #15827
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,877
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 992 Times in 753 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    Explain how you came to that conclusion from what he stated? He didn't reference any race in his statement.
    If you infer that "people" equates to "blacks", then I can see how your mind came to that racist conclusion. But if you do it for one statement, why not the other?
    If your argument is that the people from the countries in question are predominantly black, therefore the inference is warranted, are the players in the NFL not predominantly black? Shouldn't that same standard of inference not apply to that statement as well?
    68% of NFL players are black, 28% white

    95% of Haitians are black
    88% of Salvadorans are black/hispanic/indigenous
    90% of Africans are black

    Considerable difference. Its easy to make the inference for Haiti, Salvadorans, Africans, not so for the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  4. #15828
    Big Leaguer Maahfaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,189
    Thanks
    1,623
    Thanked 669 Times in 477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    68% of NFL players are black, 28% white

    95% of Haitians are black
    88% of Salvadorans are black/hispanic/indigenous
    90% of Africans are black

    Considerable difference. Its easy to make the inference for Haiti, Salvadorans, Africans, not so for the NFL.
    So you agree that is how you came to your conclusion, then at what percentage does the inference become racist? 88%?
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  5. #15829
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,896
    Thanks
    640
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    So you agree that is how you came to your conclusion, then at what percentage does the inference become racist? 88%?
    Everyone knows 80% is the threshold.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krylian For This Useful Post:

    Boxcar (01-13-2018),Maahfaace (01-13-2018),Spanky99 (01-13-2018)

  7. #15830
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,877
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 992 Times in 753 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    So you agree that is how you came to your conclusion, then at what percentage does the inference become racist? 88%?
    No need to put a number on it, it is clear in the case of the matter we are discussing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  8. #15831
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,493
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 451 Times in 344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    That's exactly how Libya was until crooked Hillary got her filthy hands on it. So yeah, to generalize 50 different countries and countless tribes and cultures that happen to live on one continent is pretty ignorant.
    You're a snowflake now? Lol
    If you have 52 people in a group that can't catch a football and 2 in the group that can, it's not fair/insensitive to say the group can't catch a football?
    I feel like you've made many generalizations about a lot of things on here and now you're changing face... trolling by not trolling?

  9. #15832
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,877
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 992 Times in 753 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    You're a snowflake now? Lol
    If you have 52 people in a group that can't a football and 2 in the group that can, it's not fair/insensitive to say the group can't catch a football?
    I feel like you've made many generalizations about a lot of things on here and now you're changing face... trolling by not trolling?
    Attempting to defend Trump in this matter is bad for a person's reputation. DP is a smart guy, he knows when Trump has gone too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  10. #15833
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,493
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 451 Times in 344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Attempting to defend Trump in this matter is bad for a person's reputation. DP is a smart guy, he knows when Trump has gone too far.
    Half the people live on a dollar a day or something. Majority of the poorest countries are from there and that's saying something with the corrupt regimes across the world. I'm sure disease rates are higher than elsewhere in the world, maybe crime idk.

    The only thing out of place, admittedly, was it was the POTUS saying it.

  11. #15834
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,877
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 992 Times in 753 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Half the people live on a dollar a day or something. Majority of the poorest countries are from there and that's saying something with the corrupt regimes across the world. I'm sure disease rates are higher than elsewhere in the world, maybe crime idk.

    The only thing out of place, admittedly, was it was the POTUS saying it.
    You miss the point, again, connor. Go back to school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  12. #15835
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,752
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    You're a snowflake now? Lol
    If you have 52 people in a group that can't catch a football and 2 in the group that can, it's not fair/insensitive to say the group can't catch a football?
    I feel like you've made many generalizations about a lot of things on here and now you're changing face... trolling by not trolling?
    And wouldn't you want the GM of your favourite team to be the person who can find and sign the two who can catch the football instead of the dumbass who can't and makes generalizations?

    Wouldn't YOU want the GM who is smart enough to find and sign the two who can catch the football? Or the dumbass who can't and makes generalizations?

    I call it how I see it. Definition of no snowflake. Trump's tax plan looks successful, the economy is doing well under him, the stock market rocketing, the world is more peaceful with his big mouth than the diplomats before him that were faster with the trigger finger than he was (Bushes, Clintons and Obama) no matter how much CNN tries to spin and fear monger otherwise and he has handled that goof in North Korea pretty well. Let them throw childish jabs at each other for the next decade for all I care...if that is what it takes from keeping nukes away from civilians, then so be it. And Trump is still way better than Clinton, which is much more of an indictment of what a POS Hillary Clinton is than a compliment to Trump.

    He needs to learn when to speak and when to shut up. But he's 71 years old and been a spoiled brat his whole life so he's not going to change. It is what it is. And with the way things are going with the democrats it looks like you guys are going to have him for seven more years unless he dies first from his shithole diet. So enjoy, or become triggered, depending on which side you're on. We have our own clown up here to deal with which is a much bigger problem, and unlike Trump he's a beacon of health so he's not going to croak and we need to convince enough idiots not to vote for him again.

  13. #15836
    Big Leaguer Maahfaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,189
    Thanks
    1,623
    Thanked 669 Times in 477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    No need to put a number on it, it is clear in the case of the matter we are discussing.
    Ok, got it. If you "feel" like that's a racist comment, then it is.
    Glad we sorted this out and is now clear to me with no subjectively grey areas.
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maahfaace For This Useful Post:

    Boxcar (01-13-2018),Spanky99 (01-13-2018)

  15. #15837
    Prospect Littlemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Half the people live on a dollar a day or something. Majority of the poorest countries are from there and that's saying something with the corrupt regimes across the world. I'm sure disease rates are higher than elsewhere in the world, maybe crime idk.

    The only thing out of place, admittedly, was it was the POTUS saying it.
    That's the only thing out of place? Lol

    Let's not analyze his words with cheap philosophy. What he said is xenophobic to say the least. Countries are made of people so the moment someone turns to you and say your country is a shithole, that balantly gives you an overall picture of what that person thinks about your country, your culture, your people.

    Trump is xenophobic and let's not cover this up by deep analyzing his words. He isn't that smart. What he says is what goes in his mind, so to give any excuse to "excuse" his stupidity spewed from his mouth makes any person as rude as him.

    Trump is the president of the United States. A potent country that has much I fluency. He should mind his tongue because anything can have repercussions. Let's not forget that many countries became "shit" due to USA envolvment and it's greed of petroleum by covering that up with "moral obligation" to help those people.
    - Biology is the only science in which multiplication is the same thing as division.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemoon For This Useful Post:

    Jimcanuck (01-13-2018)

  17. #15838
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,493
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 451 Times in 344 Posts
    It'd be like a college coach saying let's focus on recruiting in Texas and not Maine. I wouldn't have an issue with that, no. Sure it'd be nice to look for those diamonds in the rough but your team will be better off recruiting in Texas.
    In terms of immigration there's also not the worry of missing out on some star player.
    Recruit from Texas and not Maine and you'll be better off

  18. #15839
    Prospect Littlemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    You are using a fallacy in your argument by comparing two whole different subjects. This is not a game that you don't recruit people because it doesn't suit your team.

    We are talking about people that come from undeveloped countries due to a lot factors and take a xenophobic approach to the matter at hands.
    Xenophobia cannot be excused, period.
    - Biology is the only science in which multiplication is the same thing as division.

  19. #15840
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,493
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 451 Times in 344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemoon View Post
    You are using a fallacy in your argument by comparing two whole different subjects. This is not a game that you don't recruit people because it doesn't suit your team.

    We are talking about people that come from undeveloped countries due to a lot factors and take a xenophobic approach to the matter at hands.
    Xenophobia cannot be excused, period.
    Well I wasn't using it with you. The person I was responding to continued with the analogy.

    Can you be a Xenophobe if data supports your view? Idk. Haven't thought that deeply. One thing that Trump reportedly said behind the scenes that's true is it's what most people think. Most people think that way based on data they've learned along the way.

    Should the POTUS be saying that? No, of course not. He doesn't have any respect for the office.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •