Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 99 of 1108 FirstFirst ... 49899798991001011091491995991099 ... LastLast
Results 1,569 to 1,584 of 17713

Thread: Politics Thread

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Apparently wikileaks just released its second wave. Hacked DNC voicemails from their server.

Is it going to show the corruption, racism, religious discrimination, bigotry and sexism of the democratic party like the emails did or will it be even far worse?

Wow, this sounds bad.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-messages.html

Wikileaks releases hacked DNC voicemail messages
    WikiLeaks released 29 voicemail messages late Wednesday that were hacked from the Democratic National Committee and appeared to show several donors expressing discomfort with the influence of Bernie Sanders on the party's members.

In one of the more than two dozen leaked messages, a donor expressed their anger about the support Sanders was getting during the primaries. According to the Dallas Morning News, the caller, who appeared to be a Hillary Clinton supporter, threatened to leave the Democratic Party if members continued to “coddle” the Vermont senator.

"I'm furious about what you are doing for Bernie Sanders, he's getting way too much influence," the woman said. "I'm on a fixed income. I spend over $300 donated to Hillary and what I see is the DNC bending over backwards for Bernie."

Another caller questioned the DNC over its decision to allow Sanders to have Cornel West serve on the platform committee despite being outspoken against President Barack Obama.

“He’s not a democrat, please stop this man now.”

Two other calls asked about how to reach Michelle Obama and another was from a woman asking for a favor.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,143 Times in 4,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nextyear View Post
    Wow, this sounds bad.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-messages.html

Wikileaks releases hacked DNC voicemail messages
    WikiLeaks released 29 voicemail messages late Wednesday that were hacked from the Democratic National Committee and appeared to show several donors expressing discomfort with the influence of Bernie Sanders on the party's members.

In one of the more than two dozen leaked messages, a donor expressed their anger about the support Sanders was getting during the primaries. According to the Dallas Morning News, the caller, who appeared to be a Hillary Clinton supporter, threatened to leave the Democratic Party if members continued to “coddle” the Vermont senator.

"I'm furious about what you are doing for Bernie Sanders, he's getting way too much influence," the woman said. "I'm on a fixed income. I spend over $300 donated to Hillary and what I see is the DNC bending over backwards for Bernie."

Another caller questioned the DNC over its decision to allow Sanders to have Cornel West serve on the platform committee despite being outspoken against President Barack Obama.

“He’s not a democrat, please stop this man now.”

Two other calls asked about how to reach Michelle Obama and another was from a woman asking for a favor.
    I fail to see what's so damning about anything I just read. So a few crazies called and left overly entitled requests on the DNC answering service? What am I missing here? That's no different than any small town mayors voicemail.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I fail to see what's so damning about anything I just read. So a few crazies called and left overly entitled requests on the DNC answering service? What am I missing here? That's no different than any small town mayors voicemail.
    I agree. I was just being sarcastic in reference to Staman's post.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Nextyear is being dishonest here.

If you ACTUALLY read/heard ALL the voice mails they highlight the corruption and collusion between donors looking for handouts and party officials trying to bring in money to expand their coffers.

That is VERY damning.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    I agree. I was just being sarcastic in reference to Staman's post.
    No, you are being dishonest and only cherry picked a few of the voice mails.

Banned
    Thanks
    Yes, I guess that must be it. I should be ashamed.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,033 Times in 3,858 Posts
    Those voice mails were cherry picked by Fox News actually. NextYear copied that verbatim.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Those voice mails were cherry picked by Fox News actually. NextYear copied that verbatim.
    Not relevant.

and your obvious response that the source "well it is coming from fox news" isn't relevant either.

It is a cherry picked article that doesn't give full context.

Thanks
    Not relevant.

and your obvious response that the source "well it is coming from fox news" isn't relevant either.

Well at least he provided a source and a right wing one at that. Where's the damning info that you're supposedly sitting on?

Thanks
    Not relevant.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Well at least he provided a source and a right wing one at that. Where's the damning info that you're supposedly sitting on?
    I listened to the recordings to get the full picture. You should try it yourself.

Thanks
    I listened to the recordings to get the full picture. You should try it yourself.
    link?

Banned
    Thanks
    You do realize that voice messages from supporters are not an indictment of the Democratic party? Supporters can be anyone, and there are probably supporters also complaining about Hillary Clinton.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nextyear For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dinger (07-28-2016)

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    You do realize that voice messages from supporters are not an indictment of the Democratic party? Supporters can be anyone, and there are probably supporters also complaining about Hillary Clinton.
    Nope!

Thanks
    Nope!
    So the DNC only received 29 voicemails this entire election cycle? That's a bit hard to believe.

Either that or you're taking a very small sample of hacked voicemails -- hacked explicitly to smear Hillary Clinton -- and then drawing conclusions that suit your own bias.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,832 Times in 8,198 Posts
    So the champion of free speech and thick skin had his lawyers send his ghostwriter a cease and desist letter. It's amazing how quick Trump is to try to silence people who say things he doesn't like.