Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 1105 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 1056051005105510951103110411051106 LastLast
Results 17,665 to 17,680 of 17686

Thread: Politics Thread

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    It definitely wasn't just a likeability issue. There was a perception that she was openly corrupt in a way that was a slap in the face to the American people. Trump ran at least in part on a platform of ending the corruption and 'draining the swamp'. The narrative was that he was a rich guy who didn't need money and would thus not be susceptible to corruption.

I'm not really surprised that he's above criticism for a certain segment of the population, just as I wasn't surprised that card-carrying Democrats wouldn't criticize Clinton. I just think this hyper-partisan political climate is really bad for your country.
    Well, that’s your narrative and you’re fee to believe it. Her likability ratings were pretty darn bad though. I think I read recently she got upset saying “I’m sick of hearing about how nobody likes me”
    As far as her being corrupt, I think most people viewed it as a “legal corrupt” .. basically this is the “establishment”...
    I actually think Trump set out to do what he said he would. That would be cut government spending/waste. He just couldn’t deliver on his promises. The party is to blame for most of it but he’s not the guy that could straighten it out.
    He is however delivering on other campaign promises.. or trying to

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,655 Posts
    Donaldson getting into it with Shapiro a little bit over the movie Bull Durham.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,802 Times in 8,183 Posts
    Ben Shapiro is such a weiner
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

Thanks
    He's about as likable as a headache.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,130 Times in 4,479 Posts
    *wiener

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

P2F (05-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,787 Times in 5,431 Posts
    Look at all this anti-semitism
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Look at all this antisemitism
    I don't dislike him because he's Jewish... i dislike him (but still agree with some of his viewpoints - very few mind you, but some) because he's so far past arrogant it can't be anything but performance art, and so may of his views are 100% based on his religion, yet he tries to come off like his beliefs are based on logic and science. That bothers me. I have far more respect for people who own their belief in fairy tales rather than people who blow smoke.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    I don't dislike him because he's Jewish... i dislike him (but still agree with some of his viewpoints - very few mind you, but some) because he's so far past arrogant it can't be anything but performance art, and so may of his views are 100% based on his religion, yet he tries to come off like his beliefs are based on logic and science. That bothers me. I have far more respect for people who own their belief in fairy tales rather than people who blow smoke.
    I like Ben but I agree with you. His religious ramblings are so counter to his "facts over feelings" mantra. He's all about empirical data until it comes to Judaism. I remember on the Rubin report how he explained it was that he takes a religious belief and then comes up with secular reasons for holding true to it. Isn't that the exact opposite of the scientific method?

I agree with Ben on a few things and I find most of his viewpoints well reasoned but man, it's hard for me to take a guy who adheres to orthodox Judaism seriously sometimes.

Thanks
    I like Ben but I agree with you. His religious ramblings are so counter to his "facts over feelings" mantra. He's all about empirical data until it comes to Judaism. I remember on the Rubin report how he explained it was that he takes a religious belief and then comes up with secular reasons for holding true to it. Isn't that the exact opposite of the scientific method?

I agree with Ben on a few things and I find most of his viewpoints well reasoned but man, it's hard for me to take a guy who adheres to orthodox Judaism seriously sometimes.
    He's religious, so what? A lot of smart people are.

I think he's smart as hell and could whip any of us in a debate easily but he's also a colossal douchebag who has all the smarminess of similar conservative pundits (think Milo, Gavin M., Coulter, etc.) without any comedy, coolness or being relatable whatsoever.

He reminds me of those annoying College Republican kids who wear dress shirts tucked into khakis every day and are basically unbearable to be around. That doesn't really affect my ability to read or listen to what he says, it's more a personal feeling I have about him, but I do think it informed his decision to go Never-Trump and basically do what he could to get Hillary elected.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    He's religious, so what? A lot of smart people are.

I think he's smart as hell and could whip any of us in a debate easily but he's also a colossal douchebag who has all the smarminess of similar conservative pundits (think Milo, Gavin M., Coulter, etc.) without any comedy, coolness or being relatable whatsoever.

He reminds me of those annoying College Republican kids who wear dress shirts tucked into khakis every day and are basically unbearable to be around. That doesn't really affect my ability to read or listen to what he says, it's more a personal feeling I have about him, but I do think it informed his decision to go Never-Trump and basically do what he could to get Hillary elected.
    I don't care about his religion, I care about the way he reconciles his religious beliefs with his secular ones. He starts with the conclusion and then finds evidence to support it from a purely secular point of view.

For example, he is against gay marriage because the Torah says so. To maneuver this as a proponent of secular society, he decided to prove that gay parents are bad for child development. If that didn't work, he'd go on to something else. See the issue here?

That's basically the only issue I have with Ben, though.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

Terminator (05-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    You are dumn. Trump has done fuck all except increase the annual deficit to over $1 Trillion. Incompetence.

NK is playing games.
    Trump's Nobel is at risk.
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    Geez, Trump looked awful today. Maybe has to do with disclosing he paid Cohen for the Stormy payment? Melania.....

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,102 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Geez, Trump looked awful today. Maybe has to do with disclosing he paid Cohen for the Stormy payment? Melania.....
    Not to mention NK playing games with him, the Hawaii volcano getting extra frisky, a bunch of small earthquakes in San Fransisco, etc.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,804 Times in 6,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Not to mention NK playing games with him, the Hawaii volcano getting extra frisky, a bunch of small earthquakes in San Fransisco, etc.
    See that during the broadcast, lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,230 Posts
    The problem with Shapiro is that he claims to be logical, and mocks 'hurt feelings' and various accusations of racism etc.
    But, if it comes to the Jews or Israel, all that goes out the window, and he has a little cry about it.

So, basically he argues for the rights of men, white people and Jews, while denigrating anyone advocating for blacks, women or Arabs.
    And coincidentally, he is a man, white and Jewish. People who only advocate for their own groups aren't particularly special.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    The problem with Shapiro is that he claims to be logical, and mocks 'hurt feelings' and various accusations of racism etc.
    But, if it comes to the Jews or Israel, all that goes out the window, and he has a little cry about it.

So, basically he argues for the rights of men, white people and Jews, while denigrating anyone advocating for blacks, women or Arabs.
    And coincidentally, he is a man, white and Jewish. People who only advocate for their own groups aren't particularly special.
    Good post. You've clearly laid out why Ben Shapiro is a side show.