Page 985 of 995 FirstFirst ... 485885935975983984985986987 ... LastLast
Results 15,745 to 15,760 of 15913

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    If Norway was mostly black people and self sufficient I'm confident Trump would prefer them over a country like Haiti if it was mostly white.
    I think it's safe to say every country prefers educated people versus uneducated. The uneducated take up the jobs many don't want and pay less.

Like Canada. It's not easy to emigrate there.
    - Biology is the only science in which multiplication is the same thing as division.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Yeah, supporting Trump doesnít automatically make a person racist.

While I think he empowers racists with his policies and language, there are other legimate reasons to support him (even though I personally donít).
    Papa Johns is a good example of this. They took a stand on the anthem kneeling and white supremacists latched on
    And made PJ's come off as racist essentially

Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 836 Posts
    That's a wild jump and not true. People on the right aren't racist. Trump got voted in on mass appeal whether you care to concede it or not.

The issue with the left and is they can't differentiate classism from racism. They can't comprehend Trump would prefer a college grad black guy over a trailer park white guy. It's the same for the base. It's not about skin color.

its like if you crack down on welfare it's racist because 75% of people on it are black (made up figures). You can make it about racism if you want but it's not about that
    This makes perfect sense when talking about Haiti. He included Africa in this as well. A whole freaking continent is a shithole? Either he is a racist, or he is merely a classist that is absolutely clueless about the world around him.

Still, out of the choices of the man who called Africa a shithole, or the woman who helped turn it into a shithole by murdering Gaddafi and now there is slave trading in Libya, Trump was the right choice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Possibly your best post ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I'm confused... did you just write an anti-Trump post?
    And yet Trump was still 100% the right call for President, no change in my opinion from 24 hours ago. That just goes to show you how terrible Hillary Clinton was.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemoon View Post
    I think it's safe to say every country prefers educated people versus uneducated. The uneducated take up the jobs many don't want and pay less.

Like Canada. It's not easy to emigrate there.
    Not necessarily. We live in capitalism. We need someone who is happy to clean the toilets and serve coffee. We need a certain amount of stupid people. It's just that we have plenty of those dumbfucks here already.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    This makes perfect sense when talking about Haiti. He included Africa in this as well. A whole freaking continent is a shithole? Either he is a racist, or he is merely a classist that is absolutely clueless about the world around him.

Still, out of the choices of the man who called Africa a shithole, or the woman who helped turn it into a shithole by murdering Gaddafi and now there is slave trading in Libya, Trump was the right choice.
    These kind of thoughts that other countries are inferior to the US is more mainstream then you'd think. It's pretty much whats taught to us growing up. Not saying it's right but it's true

Thanks
    These kind of thoughts that other countries are inferior to the US is more mainstream then you'd think. It's pretty much whats taught to us growing up. Not saying it's right but it's true
    Ok yes, but then why pick on Africa and prop up Norway? Why not say all countries are shitholes?

Whenever someone brings up Africa in a negative connotation, like Africa is a shithole or go back to Africa or whatever, it always has a racist undertone and everyone knows it has a racist undertone.

People compared this to Trump calling Mexicans rapists. This isn't the same thing. Mexicans are not a race and that's why Trump still got some pretty decent support from the Latino community. It may be stereotypical but at least it's due to factors other than skin colour. Labeling Africa and all its people as the same when all they really have in common is dark skin tone is racist. Even when done by some ignorant American who can't distinguish between Liberia and Botswana....or Baltimore for that matter.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,046 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Anyone still have doubts Trump is a racist SOB?
    Yeah, Jim. Calling literally the poorest nation on earth a shithole is so racist.

Do facts ever enter the equation for you, or are all your decisions based on race?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Oh 2018 will be a bloodbath but rightfully calling shithole country shitholes won't be the reason. Hell, I think I've seen some posters in this thread refer to the American South as a shithole.
    They are full of white people though, so that's ok.
    Frag are you alive?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    "US President Donald Trump has reportedly lashed out at immigrants in a foul-mouthed Oval Office outburst that a UN spokesman later condemned as "shocking", "shameful" and "racist".

UN human rights spokesman Rupert Colville said: "If confirmed these are shocking and shameful comments from the president of the United States, I'm sorry but there is no other word for this but racist."

Mr Colville spoke of a 2016 presidential campaign speech in which Mr Trump called Mexican immigrants criminals and rapists, and to his response last year to a white supremacist march that ended in violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, when the president said "both sides" were to blame.

The UN official said such comments went against "universal values the world has been striving for" since the end of World War Two, and opened "the door to humanity's worst side"
    This isn't for Bob's benefit as he's beyond hope and has me on ignore anyway but...
    1. He didn't call Mexican immigrants criminals and rapists. He said that the illegals coming here were criminals and rapists. 100% accurate since the act of illegally crossing the border is a crime in itself.
    2. Trump was being generous at that. The white supremacists might be shitty people but they didn't start any violence. There's fucking video evidence of this and little antifa cucks pretending to be some kind of revolutionary force. I can't believe there are still people stupid enough to believe this crap. Essentially, this line equates to: "If you have the wrong opinion, defending yourself is not acceptable."

The UN is defunct and useless so I'm not sure why Trump would give a shit about what these virtue signalling morons say anyway.
    Frag are you alive?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    They are full of white people though, so that's ok.
    What about Baltimore or Detroit? Both are shitholes.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,420 Posts
    I'm surprised that there's as much defense of this as there is here. Is Haiti a shithole? Yeah...that's pretty accurate. But Africa? The whole continent? That's a pretty big place with a diverse people and cultures and a lot of it is actually quite nice. The only thing the people really have in common is the majority of them have dark skin. There's nothing to be said about that comment other than it is racist, ignorant, stereotypical and hate-filled. Just because African-American culture promotes helplessness and victimhood doesn't mean the rest of the world's black people are like that.

Is it funny? Yes, mildly funny to a jerk like me. Is it a troll? Maybe, but not a very good one....Trump has done better than that. This is very blatant and I don't think it's merely a play to his base.
    I don't think you could clutch your pearls any harder if you tried.

Thanks

Personally, I didn't know that he called the entirety of Africa a shithole but that is pretty fucking ridiculous and yeah, really does smack of racism. I think this is the closest he's come to saying something truly racist (even if dipshits like to pretend and change words to fit their narrative)
    Frag are you alive?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    What about Baltimore or Detroit? Both are shitholes.
    They don't get ragged on as much as the South, but anyone who does is clearly a massive racist.
    Frag are you alive?

All Star
    Thanks
    Ok yes, but then why pick on Africa and prop up Norway? Why not say all countries are shitholes?

Whenever someone brings up Africa in a negative connotation, like Africa is a shithole or go back to Africa or whatever, it always has a racist undertone and everyone knows it has a racist undertone.

People compared this to Trump calling Mexicans rapists. This isn't the same thing. Mexicans are not a race and that's why Trump still got some pretty decent support from the Latino community. It may be stereotypical but at least it's due to factors other than skin colour. Labeling Africa and all its people as the same when all they really have in common is dark skin tone is racist. Even when done by some ignorant American who can't distinguish between Liberia and Botswana....or Baltimore for that matter.
    I know about this first hand as my wife is from Ukraine and when I first told people about it they thought she probably lived in a village and stood in line for bread. In reality she lived in city not unlike major US city. Someone painting Africa with that broad brush is not uncommon. Norway you might think of people living in villages but not poverty. Nor would anyone think Canada is a shithole but it's still looked down on other ways of course

All Star
    Thanks
    Well.. I mean I'm defending a normal person saying something like that.. shouldn't be President of US

17. The Following User Says Thank You to connorp For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dinger (01-12-2018)