Page 992 of 996 FirstFirst ... 492892942982990991992993994 ... LastLast
Results 15,857 to 15,872 of 15924

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    I didn't take it as an OMF Franky. It's just a stupid point implying analyzing data and catering to it is some kind of indicator of how a regime can become horrific. It's actually how the world works and businesses run every day
    You completely missed the point of my post. It's miles away from what I said.
    - Biology is the only science in which multiplication is the same thing as division.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemoon View Post
    You completely missed the point of my post. It's miles away from what I said.
    Sloppy point I guess. Hitler tried to appeal to the masses based on data of high unemployment and poverty. Used that angle to manipulate people and make promises. Sounds like any election really. Then systematically oppressing and looting the Jews was a normal continuation of that obviously. Should've seen that coming from a mile away when he made campaign promises to people that wanted/needed change.

Thanks
    You asked if you can be xenophobic if data supports your view.
    I gave you a good example how data can be manipulated by xenophobic person. I never compared trump to hitler, or his government to the Reich.
    Data doesn't make you a xenophobic person. Xenophobia basically derives from the sense that non-citizens pose some sort of threat to the recipients identity or their individual rights which is closely connected with the concept of nationalism. To this end a notion of citizenship can lead to xenophobia when it becomes apparent that the government does not guarantee protection of individual rights.

As for people should have seen that from a mile away, one could argue that ideologies like "the idea of the people", the "idea of nationalism" the "greatness of a country" was suiting to the masses in Germany at that time. No education, poverty and desperation makes people comoletely vulnerable to manipulators, which is how hitler managed to gain power.
    - Biology is the only science in which multiplication is the same thing as division.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemoon View Post
    No education, poverty and desperation makes people comoletely vulnerable to manipulators, which is how hitler managed to gain power.
    So one could say people from really poor countries are more likely to be influenced by manipulators like terrorists, drug cartels, human traffickers, gangs, etc

Probably would be better to dissuade immigration from countries like that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I did attack your post, idiot. Did you just read the headline again?
    You kidding, right? Your post is mindless drivel, unworthy of a response.

In any event, I'm not going to bother debating with the resident white supremacist.
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,084 Times in 6,213 Posts
    Heil Boxy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

Thanks
    Thanked 8,046 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    You kidding, right? Your post is mindless drivel, unworthy of a response.

In any event, I'm not going to bother debating with the resident white supremacist.
    You're not really capable of debate anyway, so not really worried about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-13-2018)

Thanks
    You're not really capable of debate anyway, so not really worried about it.
    Great, because you arent worth my time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Again, you miss the point, entirely.

Trump didn't say "Haiti is a shithole country." Which, while vulgar, is not necessarily incorrect, and consistent with your post.

He said "Why are we letting people from shithole countries come here?" which is focused on the people aspect, and what do the people of Haiti, El Salvador, and Africa have in common, in relation to Norway?
    I don't know Jim. What do the people of El Salvador have in common with the people of Africa? Please let me know. Serious question.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    I don't know Jim. What do the people of El Salvador have in common with the people of Africa? Please let me know. Serious question.
    non-white

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    So the whole Hijab cutting/Islamaphobia outcry in Toronto was one BIG hoax.

On another note a local small business I would frequently support shut it doors permanently today.

Can't think but our incompetent government both provincially and federally are culpable in each these scenarios.

#ThisisourCanada.
    There are no atheists in foxholes

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 2,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    So the whole Hijab cutting/Islamaphobia outcry in Toronto was one BIG hoax.

On another note a local small business I would frequently support shut it doors permanently today.

Can't think but our incompetent government both provincially and federally are culpable in each these scenarios.

#ThisisourCanada.
    You can't possible be blaming the government for a kid's hoax.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-15-2018)

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    The Gov't deserves blame. Motion 103. It's all part of an agenda pushing this mandate.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Kid or not I'm sure there are going to be people that use this to downplay the #metoo movement. Look how quickly everyone was to believe her... Even Trudeau said his piece. And why not... Why would a kid lie? They'll say the same thing about how quickly men are being eviscerated anytime a report comes out, without an investigation even happening.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 2,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Kid or not I'm sure there are going to be people that use this to downplay the #metoo movement. Look how quickly everyone was to believe her... Even Trudeau said his piece. And why not... Why would a kid lie? They'll say the same thing about how quickly men are being eviscerated anytime a report comes out, without an investigation even happening.
    Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately, Trudeau and others would have been eviscerated had they stayed quiet until more was known too. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    God forbid the new story was about a 11 year getting raped by a refugee. Trudeau, Wynne et al. wouldn't be jumping to conclusions so fast. The narrative would be we need the facts and let the police do their jobs before I can comment.

When does an alleged 11 year old victim of crime get paraded around by the media? Aren't there laws against that about showing their face, name etc? Really shameful actually but it all apart of the Trudeau liberals master plan that fits their narrative that whites are evil.

So glad it backfired. Also, there should an investigation into the parents with all this. This situation really stinks.

Trudeau and Wynne are such a disaster yet everyone is Trump, Trump, Trump.

They way bigger mess is on our own soil.