Page 543 of 560 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553 ... LastLast
Results 8,673 to 8,688 of 8945

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,635 Posts
    Wait, is it normal to have a table full of folders and paperwork next to the podium to prove the POTUS is doing paperwork?

"Here is the paperwork being done for his Trust," motions his attorney. Camera pans to reveal table full of paper.

Thanks
    Ford and Chrysler stayed in the U.S. That's all that matters to the voters who pushed Trump over the edge in the electoral college. How many shortcomings would you overlook and sins would you forgive if you thought that your job was at risk and you thought the President did something to save your job?

Trump's clownery is going to be a perfect distraction away from all the corporate enrichment that will occur. I mean, after this abject disaster, the U.S. stock market is slightly in the green. The NYC hedge fund traders salivating over expectations of massive corporate enrichment can be the only explanation.

The difference between this round of corporate enrichment and other rounds of corporate enrichment seen under Reagan, Clinton, Bush and Obama is I think there actually will be a few crumbs falling to the average schlub in a trickle down effect. Middle age white guy union jobs are safe for another 4-8 years or until AI catches up...whatever comes first.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    I'm not side-tracking any more into journalistic ethics, because a) it's irrelevant to my original point about you having zero information about the CNN news story, and b) that's the distraction in all of this.

What should be discussed -- and what Jim was only posting news for -- is that Obama and Trump were brought information about potential Russian blackmail efforts, which is a prospect that should scare every American. And the first thing you did was pull up the questionable Buzzfeed piece and try to tear down the whole thing for two pages even after Jim said that wasn't what he was referring to.

You have absolutely no ability to verify anything in any of these stories, so I don't understand why you're hammering so hard on what was otherwise simply a piece of news. It's why I said that going off on journalistic ethics in a Buzzfeed piece hardly a sane reaction to a CNN story entitled "Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him". That really should interest you more than some clickbait that may or may not have any merit to it and then telling other posters to put away the tin foil hat.
    It's all good. I don't think we're getting anywhere at this point.

I'll try to have more "sane reactions" in the future. I took an aderall at lunch for work purposes yesterday that may have lead to my lengthy responses. lol

Thanks
    After saying that Mexico would be reimbursing the cost for the wall, fighting with a CNN reporter, and dodging a couple of questions about hacking, he ends on a catchphrase: "You're fired!" Tips to reporters: ask Trump one tough question. You can't force him to answer it ultimately, but chucking him three small questions just means he'll pick the easiest one, bat it around at length, and then move on.

Also notable: he did outright admit that Russia hacked/attempted to hack the US but did not delve an inch into the implications, stating "they'll respect us more" in the future. That's a big deal. His harshest words were from his own intelligence agents though, who have created something he thinks is like "Nazi Germany".
    Last edited by intentional wok; 01-11-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks
    Wait, is it normal to have a table full of folders and paperwork next to the podium to prove the POTUS is doing paperwork?

"Here is the paperwork being done for his Trust," motions his attorney. Camera pans to reveal table full of paper.
    Who cares? I think it's clear you'll criticize him for anything.

It was likely done to just show how much paperwork needs to be done for him to turn over his business to his sons.

Thanks
    It was actually just a question, not a criticism, because it had almost comedic timing to me. I think it's clear you're a too sensitive to criticism of him or what you think is criticism of him. I also just defended him a few posts up, right above what you just quoted.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Yesterday: well-spoken President gives final address, leaving with very high approval ratings after 8 years in office
    Today: President-elect with 30% approval rating and 4th grade communication skills hosts press conference to deny allegations that he likes being pissed on by Russian hookers

Holy fuck America, this is embarrassing
    Blame the "fake news" that is CNN and Buzzfeed for that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

Frenchsoup (01-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,966 Times in 6,564 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Blame the "fake news" that is CNN and Buzzfeed for that.
    There`s enough blame to go around: irresponsible Media, electorate that treats politics like reality TV, Donald Trump for being a buffoon. American political discourse is in shambles right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Dick_Pole (01-11-2017)

Thanks
    It was actually just a question, not a criticism, because it had almost comedic timing to me. I think it's clear you're a too sensitive to criticism of him or what you think is criticism of him.
    Come on Wok, I'm not stupid. Starting off with a question of "Wait, is it normal" doesn't contain a hint of criticism?

And I think I handle criticism of him just fine. Been posting in this thread with a dozen liberal Canadians about politics for the past 6 months. It's fair to say you all aren't his biggest fans. It's usually pretty good banter in here though. Should I not defend him anymore? How would you suggest I post in this thread moving forward?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    If that's true that's incredibly sad. There's not a ton of proof that it is though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Come on Wok, I'm not stupid. Starting off with a question of "Wait, is it normal" doesn't contain a hint of criticism?

And I think I handle criticism of him just fine. Been posting in this thread with a dozen liberal Canadians about politics for the past 6 months. It's fair to say you all aren't his biggest fans. It's usually pretty good banter in here though. Should I not defend him anymore? How would you suggest I post in this thread moving forward?
    Yeah, actually it doesn't. I have no idea how paperwork is usually presented during news conferences.

Don't be flippant. I'm not interested in telling you how/what to post or getting personal about what we think of each other.

Thanks
    Gah you keep editing your posts! It's NBD I do it more than anyone probably but I wrote something out and now it makes less sense. Same thing happened with the last couple of posts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    There`s enough blame to go around: irresponsible Media, electorate that treats politics like reality TV, Donald Trump for being a buffoon. American political discourse is in shambles right now.
    Don't forget HRC's role in all this. Spending more time ensuring that a virtual glass ceiling was shattered at her victory speech that never came instead of tapping into the standard of living concerns of the old white guys in former blue states. Barf.

EDIT: And before Jimmy starts sticking his nose in saying I'm defending Trump, if Clinton and her stupid supporters didn't act like such entitled twats from the first day of the DNC convention until election day, the U.S. wouldn't be stuck with Trump. This is my point.

Thanks
    She ran for the United States of California and New York. And it would have worked if not for the EC rules, which I am not opposed to.

Thanks
    Has anyone else gotten weird messages from frenchsoup as a result of the posts in this thread? Or just me?

Thanks
    So just a couple of months ago all the snowflakes were up in arms and shaken with fear about the possibility of Trump not accepting the result of elections and the implications that would have on the democratic system.. but now the same folks see no problem with all the propaganda created in order to delegitimize the newly elected President. All the useless protests, the unnecessary recounts, the unsubstantiated Russian hacking claims, the laughable false narrative that "fake news" somehow influenced the results and now this bs has done nothing but to further divide the nation.

The establishment has been using propaganda for years to influence and maintain control over the public... take a look into Operation Mockingbird if you don't believe me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    i've accidentally dated trannies