10:15 PM ET
Page 546 of 723 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547548556596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,736 of 11562

Thread: Politics Thread

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I just saw that. So now NBC is fake news? lol
    All NBC said is Trump was not verbally briefed on the information, according to ONE source. CNN never reported that Trump was verbally briefed. There is no conflict here. I understand why you want to try and create one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    All NBC said is Trump was not verbally briefed on the information, according to ONE source. CNN never reported that Trump was verbally briefed. There is no conflict here. I understand why you want to try and create one.
    No need to be combative 100% of the time. I know it's fun to try and take out your anger on the only Trump supporter on the board, you probably don't know any in real life either so I get it. But we are getting in to the weeds here.

CNN used the word "presented" which has a lot of different meanings, one of which is to "formally talk about." But if one reads further in their story they do say that they can't confirm if it was discussed or not. NBC said it wasn't talked about. Did the DNI confirm that he did talk about it with Trump? Or did he not comment on that and merely spoke about what he said to Trump after the fact?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,179 Times in 3,903 Posts
    No need to be combative 100% of the time. I know it's fun to try and take out your anger on the only Trump supporter on the board, you probably don't know any in real life either so I get it. But we are getting in to the weeds here.

CNN used the word "presented" which has a lot of different meanings, one of which is to "formally talk about." But if one reads further in their story they do say that they can't confirm if it was discussed or not. NBC said it wasn't talked about. Did the DNI confirm that he did talk about it with Trump? Or did he not comment on that and merely spoke about what he said to Trump after the fact?
    I see this thread has once again devolved into a pointless semantic debate.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

BTS (01-12-2017),GD (01-12-2017),Terminator (01-12-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I see this thread has once again devolved into a pointless semantic debate.
    Sorry. I let Jim get to me.

Thanks
    You never answered my question though, what happened with Jeopardy?

EDIT: Not trying to be a dick just curious and was hoping you'd get on. Hadn't seen you post in a while so I thought I'd ask.
    Last edited by Terminator; 01-12-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,532 Times in 6,885 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 653 Posts
    It's about time we have a guy who's just winging it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 653 Posts
    Yup, because Trump's Presidency all hinges upon what participants in the politics thread in the OT section of a baseball message board in a foreign country think of him, and Terminator is his only supporter.

Thanks
    Yeah with no markings on the folders those were definitely not working documents.

But I can't tell if the pages were blank or not, you can't see enough of them IMO. Also, it doesn't matter that they aren't legal size, 99.99% of the documents I use for work are normal size. Could have just told his assistant to print all the blank forms and put them in folders to show the shear amount of paperwork that needs to be done.

Thanks
    You never answered my question though, what happened with Jeopardy?

EDIT: Not trying to be a dick just curious and was hoping you'd get on. Hadn't seen you post in a while so I thought I'd ask.
    Oh sorry, I didn't see you ask an earlier question! More than happy to answer. The audition in October went I think pretty well, now it's just a matter of waiting for a call. I am in the contestant pool for 18 months, and they could call on me any time with 3 weeks notice. If it's a no, they won't tell me; they just won't call. I'm not eligible to take the entry test again until my 18 months is over (approximately April 2018). I'm not actively studying right now, but I am watching the show as much as possible to keep my skill up. I have yet to see anybody that I auditioned with on the show, but that's not surprising because there is a 3 month gap between taping and airing, and I doubt they did any filming over the holidays. If I don't get a call by the Summer, maybe then I'll start giving up hope... but then again, I took the test in January 2016 and didn't get an audition callback until October, so these things can take awhile. They probably have a long list of people they want to cast and/or have already scheduled, and I have no visibility into that process.

So yeah, just sitting, waiting. Could be a year or more.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

P2F (01-12-2017),Terminator (01-12-2017)

Thanks
    CNN report was "spot on" hahaha.. So it looks like McCain managed to slip this unsubstantiated report in with the rest but there's a reason why no one else was willing to touch this story.. It's literally a "synopsis of the memos released by Buzzfeed" which was collected by a private investigator who "was funded by groups and donors supporting Hillary Clinton."

CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos have since been published by Buzzfeed. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats.
    His investigations related to Mr. Trump were initially funded by groups and donors supporting Republican opponents of Mr. Trump during the GOP primaries, multiple sources confirmed to CNN. Those sources also said that once Mr. Trump became the nominee, further investigation was funded by groups and donors supporting Hillary Clinton.
    i've accidentally dated trannies

Thanks
    Oh sorry, I didn't see you ask an earlier question! More than happy to answer. The audition in October went I think pretty well, now it's just a matter of waiting for a call. I am in the contestant pool for 18 months, and they could call on me any time with 3 weeks notice. If it's a no, they won't tell me; they just won't call. I'm not eligible to take the entry test again until my 18 months is over (approximately April 2018). I'm not actively studying right now, but I am watching the show as much as possible to keep my skill up. I have yet to see anybody that I auditioned with on the show, but that's not surprising because there is a 3 month gap between taping and airing, and I doubt they did any filming over the holidays. If I don't get a call by the Summer, maybe then I'll start giving up hope... but then again, I took the test in January 2016 and didn't get an audition callback until October, so these things can take awhile. They probably have a long list of people they want to cast and/or have already scheduled, and I have no visibility into that process.

So yeah, just sitting, waiting. Could be a year or more.
    Wow that's quite the process. Well hopefully you get it! Would be fun to watch that episode.

Would also be cool for the board to have a real life celebrity to combat Roy Firestone.

Thanks
    Wow that's quite the process. Well hopefully you get it! Would be fun to watch that episode.

Would also be cool for the board to have a real life celebrity to combat Roy Firestone.
    I'll make a post in the TV thread if I get booked. Fingers crossed. I got Final Jeopardy right last night and all three contestants got it wrong. Suck an egg, poindexters!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    CNN report was "spot on" hahaha.. So it looks like McCain managed to slip this unsubstantiated report in with the rest but there's a reason why no one else was willing to touch this story.. It's literally a "synopsis of the memos released by Buzzfeed" which was collected by a private investigator who "was funded by groups and donors supporting Hillary Clinton."
    After thinking about it some more, I'm actually glad Buzzfeed released the dossier. I know their reasoning is garbage and their intent is to likely hurt Trump. But with CNN being vague with regard to this ridiculous report of "Russian blackmail on Trump" at least we can read it for ourselves. I know that some people who hate Trump will likely use it against him by taking it to be true but at least everyone else can now see how ridiculous it actually is. That's much better than CNN continuing to float this secret Russian blackmail stuff without providing any details. It's just better to get it out there.
    Last edited by Terminator; 01-12-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks
    I'll make a post in the TV thread if I get booked. Fingers crossed. I got Final Jeopardy right last night and all three contestants got it wrong. Suck an egg, poindexters!
    Nice. It's a great game show.

Top 100 Prospect TholesWeirdEye's Avatar
    Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TholesWeirdEye For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dinger (01-12-2017)