• PIT 6
    DET 8
    In Progress
    Middle 5th
  • PIT
    DET
    Preview
    3:33 AM ET
  • HOU 5
    LAA 2
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • CWS 3
    SEA 4
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • COL 5
    SD 1
    In Progress
    Bottom 8th
  • SF 2
    WSH 10
    In Progress
    Top 7th
  • NYY 0
    MIN 0
    Pre-Game
    6:35 PM ET
  • CIN 0
    ATL 0
    Pre-Game
    6:40 PM ET
  • PHI 0
    ARI 0
    Pre-Game
    7:05 PM ET
  • BAL 0
    TB 0
    Pre-Game
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR 0
    BOS 0
    Pre-Game
    7:07 PM ET
  • CLE 0
    CHC 0
    Pre-Game
    7:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    MIA
    Preview
    7:35 PM ET
  • TEX
    OAK
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • KC
    MIL
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • STL
    NYM
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
Page 1096 of 1101 FirstFirst ... 965969961046108610941095109610971098 ... LastLast
Results 17,521 to 17,536 of 17609

Thread: Politics Thread

  1. #17521
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,899
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 822 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    We've reached a very strange place as a society. You can say completely abhorrent things, and if they're about groups that the left has decided are fair game, nobody bats an eye. At the same time, even objective, inoffensive comments/ideas lead to a public lynching if they're connected in anyway to certain protected groups.
    Ridiculous comments and tweets like this one are everywhere, simply because the web has provided a platform for extreme and abhorrent ideas, that have always existed, to reach a large audience. Unfortunately this can give an impression theses ideas are widely held, and disrupt us as a society.

    Edit - i don't see anyone being insulated from blowback for extreme views, whether its a woman commenting on male privilege or Jagmeet Singh doing anything... there is blowback
    Last edited by Jimcanuck; 04-12-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  2. #17522
    Big Leaguer Maahfaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,292
    Thanks
    1,698
    Thanked 686 Times in 490 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    I’m not sure about your guys side of the border but over here I’ve seen more coverage going to the family that drove their 6 black kids off a cliff in CA because one of the black kids was in a photo hugging a cop at a past BLM rally.
    Isn't that just speculation as to the motive? Or did they definitively conclude that?
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  3. #17523
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,801
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 469 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    Isn't that just speculation as to the motive? Or did they definitively conclude that?
    Oh. I didn’t mean to say him being in the photo was a motive for driving off the cliff. Just the reason the media focused on it. I worded it poorly

    I think the speculation of the motive was child protective investigation stuff starting to catch up to them

  4. #17524
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,869
    Thanks
    2,332
    Thanked 8,670 Times in 5,355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    We've reached a very strange place as a society. You can say completely abhorrent things, and if they're about groups that the left has decided are fair game, nobody bats an eye. At the same time, even objective, inoffensive comments/ideas lead to a public lynching if they're connected in anyway to certain protected groups.
    That's not true. These types of things receive universal backlash, but the ruling class still pushes it. I find it hilarious when someone with a big platform who says shitty things with no real consequence whines about things like male privilege, completely oblivious to their own situation.

    Unbelievably, she is now claiming victim status because her vile tweet got her some backlash.

    I really hate SJWs. Shitty people LARPing as heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

  5. #17525
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,801
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 469 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat William View Post
    Or, maybe the story is getting coverage because a whole family went over a cliff. Just a thought.
    Well if so, that still just goes along with my point and against what the lady tweeted

  6. #17526
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,869
    Thanks
    2,332
    Thanked 8,670 Times in 5,355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

    Dick_Pole (04-12-2018)

  8. #17527
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,412
    Thanks
    3,924
    Thanked 13,642 Times in 8,087 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    That's not true. These types of things receive universal backlash, but the ruling class still pushes it. I find it hilarious when someone with a big platform who says shitty things with no real consequence whines about things like male privilege, completely oblivious to their own situation.

    Unbelievably, she is now claiming victim status because her vile tweet got her some backlash.

    I really hate SJWs. Shitty people LARPing as heroes.
    I have no doubt that she’s legitimately shocked at whatever backlash she receives, because she’s been free to shout shitty things inside her echo chamber without running into any issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  9. #17528
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,987
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    We've reached a very strange place as a society. You can say completely abhorrent things, and if they're about groups that the left has decided are fair game, nobody bats an eye. At the same time, even objective, inoffensive comments/ideas lead to a public lynching if they're connected in anyway to certain protected groups.
    I dunno about that. She's getting pretty badly eviscerated. Her entire Twitter feed is dedicated to how much hateful attention she's getting. She's probably girl-wanking off to it.


    Also, 3/10 would not bang.

  10. #17529
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,987
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Especially Sarah Thomson. Original Tweet deleted but this is the aftermath so you know it was real classy:


  11. #17530
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,899
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 822 Posts
    Isn't Sarah Thomson the one that claimed Rob Ford was indecent with her? I believe Sarah on that, Rob was in a drunken stupor every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  12. #17531
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,987
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Isn't Sarah Thomson the one that claimed Rob Ford was indecent with her? I believe Sarah on that, Rob was in a drunken stupor every day.
    Rob Ford was indecent with every woman.
    Sarah Thomson claims every man has been indecent with her.
    Reality is no one has or ever will be indecent with that dumpster fire Sarah Thomson.
    Rob Ford was not indecent with Sarah Thomson.

  13. #17532
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,899
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 822 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Rob Ford was indecent with every woman.
    Sarah Thomson claims every man has been indecent with her.
    Reality is no one has or ever will be indecent with that dumpster fire Sarah Thomson.
    Rob Ford was not indecent with Sarah Thomson.
    Can't argue against that logical sequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  14. #17533
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,987
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 890 Posts
    Trudeau on fast track to being one-term PM:

    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=spartanntp

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (04-12-2018),Terminator (04-12-2018)

  16. #17534
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    43,354
    Thanks
    44,773
    Thanked 8,603 Times in 6,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Regarding the Humboldt Broncos bus crash,an SJW has really found a new low

    That's disgusting.

  17. #17535
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 42 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Trudeau on fast track to being one-term PM:

    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=spartanntp
    Trudeau will easily win a second term, because he is good looking, and people will vote for a good looking fellow over any ugly mug that runs against him.

  18. #17536
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,801
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 469 Times in 356 Posts
    So the first Comey book tour headline I’m seeing is: “Trump asked me to investigate he dossier to prove it was false”...

    ...and? Hopefully Jim gets some better material then that. It even really just makes Trump look innocent but not sure Comey or the Jims of world realize it.. probably Yahoo and such will get wise to people’s reaction and pull it or change headline.

    Also, Comey comes off like such a pretentious little bitch. When Trump said “even if 1% of Melania thinks it’s true, it’s bad” and apparently that really bothered Comey though that’d be a pretty normal reaction a married guy would have

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •