• ARI 1
    MIL 5
    Final
    3:10 PM ET
  • LAA 2
    SD 1
    Final
    3:10 PM ET
Page 1017 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 175179179671007101510161017101810191027 ... LastLast
Results 16,257 to 16,272 of 16674

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I know what you're thinking, but you're wrong. This is not racist whatsoever.

Vice is pure trash. I can't stand them.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Trudeau is such a disgrace.

This country is quickly on its way to become imposed by communism or sharia law. They will end up slaughtering each other for power and we will be screwed as a non democratic nation either way.
    There are no atheists in foxholes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 789 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Trudeau is such a disgrace.

This country is quickly on its way to become imposed by communism or sharia law. They will end up slaughtering each other for power and we will be screwed as a non democratic nation either way.
    LOL paranoid tripe
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    LOL paranoid tripe
    It seems to me that Trudeau has more of a problem with a justice system imposed by a jury of peers than he does with a justice system imposed by sharia law.

Thanks
    It seems to me that Trudeau has more of a problem with a justice system by a jury of peers than he does with a justice system by sharia law.
    "peers"?

The crime happened in a population with a significant native population, and not a single native on the jury. How is that a jury of peers?

Also, this sharia law bit, is that from Facebook or some racist shit column from Conrad Black's wifey, or what?

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    "peers"?

The crime happened in a population with a significant native population, and not a single native on the jury. How is that a jury of peers?

Also, this sharia law bit, is that from Facebook or some racist shit column from Conrad Black's wifey, or what?
    When is trudeau going to speak out against sharia law that punishes/kills people as sentencing for listening to "western style" music or being gay?

Thanks
    When is trudeau going to speak out against sharia law that punishes/kills people as sentencing for listening to "western style" music or being gay?
    Oh, so you are referring to the Boushie verdict and sharia law practiced in some other countries in the same sentence. Holy fuck lol

The first has nothing to do with the other

Thanks
    Thanked 2,042 Times in 1,193 Posts
    To be eligible for jury duty: (based on my recent experience in Toronto).

1) You have to show up on time.
    2) You have to sit through several days, just to see if you are selected.
    3) If you are selected, you may have to serve for up to a month or more.

And generally, you get to do it for free, with no parking/daily expenses etc.
    But you do get $40 per day if it does over 10 days, and a whopping $120/day if it goes over 55 days.

So, most juries are comprised of government employees (who get their full salary from their employer), and retired people.
    As a result, the composition of the jury may not reflect the general population.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,906 Times in 4,344 Posts
    Oh, so you are referring to the Boushie verdict and sharia law practiced in some other countries in the same sentence. Holy fuck lol

The first has nothing to do with the other
    If you quote statman again I'm going to have to report you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

BTS (02-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,189 Times in 5,113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    If you quote statman again I'm going to have to report you.
    You guys are such idiots. How is Jim any better than Statman? He's just the left wing version. He's also a conspiracy theorist and keeps saying wacky shit like Trump is a tyrant or the next Hitler. Only difference is that Jim posts more often which is not a point in his favour.

So kinda not really understanding why one of these two is entirely palatable while the other one is pure poison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,059 Times in 7,795 Posts
    You guys are such idiots. How is Jim any better than Statman? He's just the left wing version. He's also a conspiracy theorist and keeps saying wacky shit like Trump is a tyrant or the next Hitler. Only difference is that Jim posts more often which is not a point in his favour.

So kinda not really understanding why one of these two is entirely palatable while the other one is pure poison.
    I frequently disagree with Jim in this thread, but he actually contributes elsewhere. Statman does not. I still remember when he followed me around for months frothing at the mouth a few years ago because I called Dickey a 2-win pitcher. He's an insane person.
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (02-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 862 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I frequently disagree with Jim in this thread, but he actually contributes elsewhere. Statman does not. I still remember when he followed me around for months frothing at the mouth a few years ago because I called Dickey a 2-win pitcher. He's an insane person.
    Hmm, let's see. The guy who has generated multiple multi-year grudges spanning more than one baseball message board against people who cheer for the same team is saying that someone else is the crazy person while playing the innocent victim. This does not pass the sniff test. Time for some soul-searching BTS!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Hmm, let's see. The guy who has generated multiple multi-year grudges spanning more than one baseball message board against people who cheer for the same team is saying that someone else is the crazy person while playing the innocent victim. This does not pass the sniff test. Time for some soul-searching BTS!
    I think my only multi-year grudge is with tercet. I’m pretty convinced his will be the last face I ever see.
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Because only an idiot/moron would guarantee that he would project to be a 2 win pitcher that year. For a guy that frequents baseball message boards so much you don't know much about baseball.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Because only an idiot/moron would guarantee that he would project to be a 2 win pitcher that year. For a guy that frequents baseball message boards so much you don't know much about baseball.
    Dickey has been a 1.6 win pitcher or better for all but 1 of the last 8 seasons. It wouldn't be that hot of a take to call 2 wins for him. Certainly not on a 'only a moron would say' level.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    Dickey has been a 1.6 win pitcher or better for all but 1 of the last 8 seasons. It wouldn't be that hot of a take to call 2 wins for him. Certainly not on a 'only a moron would say' level.
    I think the argument stemmed from Statman thinking it was absurd to look more at RA-9 than fWAR for a knuckleballer because his ERA will tend to outperform his FIP.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (02-13-2018)