Page 957 of 995 FirstFirst ... 457857907947955956957958959967 ... LastLast
Results 15,297 to 15,312 of 15913

Thread: Politics Thread

  1. #15297
    Prospect Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    All rational people understand that those who think Trump has no effect on them because they live in Canada are fucking morons.

  2. #15298
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,005
    Thanks
    663
    Thanked 2,732 Times in 2,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    All rational people understand that those who think Trump has no effect on them because they live in Canada are fucking morons.
    Please stop saying all rational people in every sentence. Thanks.

  3. #15299
    Prospect Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Please stop saying all rational people in every sentence. Thanks.
    I don't do that. Sometimes I say all reasonable people. All rational people know that.

  4. #15300
    Prospect Littlemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
    It gets boring Franklin. And honestly, if you only kept your posts minimally humble and less inflammatory, you could very well discuss your points of view without rubbing the rude borderline. Probably then people would peacefully discuss with you. Instead, they ignore.

  5. #15301
    All Star L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    4,803
    Thanks
    678
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,030 Posts
    All rational people understand it was a blessing the American people elected The Donald over Clinton.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to L54 For This Useful Post:

    jaysblue (01-03-2018)

  7. #15302
    Prospect Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemoon View Post
    It gets boring Franklin. And honestly, if you only kept your posts minimally humble and less inflammatory, you could very well discuss your points of view without rubbing the rude borderline. Probably then people would peacefully discuss with you. Instead, they ignore.
    If I'm on the rude borderline, a couple of the other regular posters here are way past it.

  8. #15303
    Prospect Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    All rational people understand it was a blessing the American people elected The Donald over Clinton.
    No. That is completely false.

  9. #15304
    All Star z3r0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,473
    Thanks
    937
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,019 Posts
    All reasonable people understand that your shtick is stale and boring Franklin.

    Give it a rest!

  10. #15305
    Prospect Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    All reasonable people understand that your shtick is stale and boring Franklin.

    Give it a rest!
    http://clipart-library.com/img1/1241588.png

  11. #15306
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,916
    Thanks
    641
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 901 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    All rational people understand it was a blessing the American people elected The Donald over Clinton.
    Agreed. I hate all politicians and the fact that the entire system is now a mockery is just beautiful.

    Nothing will change and Trump is just a troll with no true power.

  12. #15307
    Prospect Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Agreed. I hate all politicians and the fact that the entire system is now a mockery is just beautiful.

    Nothing will change and Trump is just a troll with no true power.
    To me, something like this is the same as the hardcore Bernie supporters who would shout "Revolution!", having no idea what a revolution actually is, and that they are really horrible and should always be avoided if possible. It's deeply ignorant.

  13. #15308
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,921
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 998 Times in 758 Posts
    Indeed.

    Of course there are problems with the 'system'. No system is perfect. What you don't want to do with change is "throw the baby out with the bath water".

    And make no mistake, Trump as POTUS is doing immense damage to the USA as a world leader and its ability to influence world events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  14. #15309
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,330
    Thanks
    14,477
    Thanked 5,986 Times in 3,822 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    To me, something like this is the same as the hardcore Bernie supporters who would shout "Revolution!", having no idea what a revolution actually is, and that they are really horrible and should always be avoided if possible. It's deeply ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Indeed.

    Of course there are problems with the 'system'. No system is perfect. What you don't want to do with change is "throw the baby out with the bath water".

    And make no mistake, Trump as POTUS is doing immense damage to the USA as a world leader and its ability to influence world events.

    Pfftt... You guys need to watch some sophisticated political allegory like South Park so you can learn the proper ways of the modern cynic.

  15. #15310
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,493
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 451 Times in 344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Indeed.

    Of course there are problems with the 'system'. No system is perfect. What you don't want to do with change is "throw the baby out with the bath water".

    And make no mistake, Trump as POTUS is doing immense damage to the USA as a world leader and its ability to influence world events.
    Debatable Jim. Just because Trump rubs people wrong way doesn't mean we're worse off. Taking recent UN budget cut of $300 million as an example. Think that happens if Clinton takes office? Trump is going to have a "what's in it for us, America first" approach and that's one of reason he was voted in. Sure it'll rustle jimmies but we're fucking America so it doesn't matter

  16. #15311
    Prospect Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Debatable Jim. Just because Trump rubs people wrong way doesn't mean we're worse off. Taking recent UN budget cut of $300 million as an example. Think that happens if Clinton takes office? Trump is going to have a "what's in it for us, America first" approach and that's one of reason he was voted in. Sure it'll rustle jimmies but we're fucking America so it doesn't matter
    America is still the most powerful nation on Earth. Nobody denies that. However, the rest of the world does not rely on the United States as much as in the past. There is no evidence to suggest that trend won't continue.

    Your comment illustrates what I believe is the biggest issue with America; so many of the people seem to think that America is "the best", but have very little understanding of how it got there and how to maintain it. Even worse, they think it will always be that way just because... America!

  17. #15312
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,932
    Thanks
    3,683
    Thanked 12,868 Times in 7,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •