Page 987 of 994 FirstFirst ... 487887937977985986987988989 ... LastLast
Results 15,777 to 15,792 of 15899

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 6,842 Times in 4,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    I'm honestly shocked at the reaction of this. I might be the second most offended person here about this Africa comment behind Jim lol. Saying that Africa is a shithole would never come to my mind. Maybe when I was young and stupid but once someone has enough experience in the world they would know to not say or think such a thing, no matter how old and senile they get. Unless they have racist feelings towards blacks.
    Everybody but Boxy freely knows and admits he's racist. It's not really something worth getting in a big debate over. Between his black housing lawsuit scandal, Central Park 5 open letter, Birtherism movement, and continued remarks about Latin Americans, it's patently obvious that he's racist. Surely this isn't something that just now occurred to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,416 Posts
    I'm honestly shocked at the reaction of this. I might be the second most offended person here about this Africa comment behind Jim lol. Saying that Africa is a shithole would never come to my mind. Maybe when I was young and stupid but once someone has enough experience in the world they would know to not say or think such a thing, no matter how old and senile they get. Unless they have racist feelings towards blacks.
    I don't think he ever said "Africa is a shithole." Seems like the conversation was about Africa and he said "why do we accept citizens from shithole countries?" or something to that effect. In light of some of our lottery based immigration systems it's a good question.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

jaysblue (01-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 Times in 834 Posts
    LOL @ this American versus Canadian debate. Toronto is the most American city outside of America. American values are basically Torontonian values. People who are ignorant of the world around them will hold the same stupid beliefs whether from Toronto or the States. Those who are educated will not.

If you go to a city like Sudbury or Winnipeg, where 90% of the poor and troublemakers are Natives instead of blacks or white trash...now THAT is a quintessential Canadian city and culture.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

jaysblue (01-12-2018),Terminator (01-12-2018)

Thanks
    2 GOP senators "don't recall" him saying it now. Lol the conversation was yesterday, what you can't fucking clearly remember? If you have balls and he didn't say it, then fucking say "he didn't say that." I don't recall! Maybe? Details are hazy, but I don't recall. Maybe the president says so many crass things that they can't commit them all to memory, even in a span of 48 hours.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,416 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    2 GOP senators "don't recall" him saying it now. Lol the conversation was yesterday, what you can't fucking clearly remember? If you have balls and he didn't say it, then fucking say "he didn't say that." I don't recall! Maybe? Details are hazy, but I don't recall. Maybe the president says so many crass things that they can't commit them all to memory, even in a span of 48 hours.
    They should definitely be pressed on that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    They should definitely be pressed on that.
    It's the weakest denial possible in the English language. Kinda seems like he pressured the Republican senators to deny it on his behalf after it leaked to the media, and these were the only two spineless pricks who would acquiesce, but they decided to couch it in the most milquetoast terms possible just in case someone else tape recorded it and they need to backtrack later.

Other possible explanations:

- I zone out when the president speaks, so I literally don't recall him saying anything.
    - My job is so depressing that I drank myself into a stupor after the president arbitrarily shot down my months of bipartisan work, and therefore I don't recall the events of yesterday.
    - I am experiencing a dissociative fugue and do not recall my name or occupation. Where am I?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,041 Times in 5,016 Posts
    Everybody but Boxy freely knows and admits he's racist. It's not really something worth getting in a big debate over. Between his black housing lawsuit scandal, Central Park 5 open letter, Birtherism movement, and continued remarks about Latin Americans, it's patently obvious that he's racist. Surely this isn't something that just now occurred to you.
    Why do you always go for the argumentum ad populum? Almost half the world believes Muhammad, a documented pedophile and cruel warlord, is the most moral man to have ever lived. Must be true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Why do you always go for the argumentum ad populum? Almost half the world believes Muhammad, a documented pedophile and cruel warlord, is the most moral man to have ever lived. Must be true!
    Y u so obsessed wit me? Thanks for finally changing your unfunny signature.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,041 Times in 5,016 Posts
    Y u so obsessed wit me? Thanks for finally changing your unfunny signature.
    It wasn't supposed to be funny, it was a showcase of stupidity.
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 Times in 834 Posts
    Everybody has their tipping point. Trump's actions that you listed could be nothing more than his capitalist goal of extracting as much profits as possible (housing - his and other landlord's beliefs at the time that African-Americans don't make good tenants) or developing his brand and carving out a niche (Birtherism). You can despise the victimhood of African-American culture without it having anything to do with skin tone or facial features. But there's no reason to denigrate Africa, a place of varied cultures and socioeconomic standing (though all lower than the U.S.), unless you're specifically racist.

Thanks
    Yeah, Jim. Calling literally the poorest nation on earth a shithole is so racist.

Do facts ever enter the equation for you, or are all your decisions based on race?
    Nowhere did I say calling Haiti a shithole is racist. The racism is in Trump's message that people from black countries bad (even though many of them are highly educated professionals) and people from white countries like Norway good.

Please try and read, next time.
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    I might be the second most offended person here about this Africa comment behind Jim lol.
    I'm not even offended. It was expected from Trump.

I just enjoy posting stuff exposing the stupidity of people conned by an obvious con man.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,089 Posts
    The Rogers Centre is a shithole in comparison to other MLB ballparks.

Thanks
    It wasn't supposed to be funny, it was a showcase of stupidity.
    It certainly was that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 900 Posts
    So what's the story now... Donald Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels in 2006 and pays her $130,000 for her silence on the matter?

Thanks
    Yep that's the latest in the Trump reality show.

What a goddamn trainwreck. USA, next time don't vote in a narcissistic psychopath.