• LAA
    SF
    Preview
    10:07 PM ET
  • LAD
    WSH
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 989 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 48988993997998798898999099199910391089 ... LastLast
Results 15,809 to 15,824 of 17578

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,083 Times in 820 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    Is my english bad? Is the quote from Trump not " why are we letting people from all these shithole countries into the USA?". Or has every publication/news outlet seemed to misprint what a racist comment would of been. "why are are we letting shithole people from all these countries into the USA"?

I fail to see the "racism" in that first statement like almost everyone else seems too with nearly everything nowadays. Maybe it's lost in translation for me as English is my second language, but I don't see how calling certain countries shitholes is automatically a slight against a certain race. Is the bar set at if you make disparaging comments/remarks about any country that is predominantly non-white, that you are a racist? It's almost as if the liberal media just went ahead and applied the made-up standard of any criticism of islam is islamaphobia to countries/racism as well now. Surprise.

Take a step back, recognize the manipulation at work by media, and think critically for fucks sake. Trump is moronic socially, no educated individual will dispute that, but regurgitating these silly "narratives" that are quite obviously marketed to shape the opinions of the endlessly virtuous souls of America is pure lunacy.
    It's not a whole lot different from "Why are we hiring all these women?" or "Who invited the deaf people to this party?"

All are discriminatory statements, and what Trump said is discriminatory on the basis of race i.e., racism.

I do not know where you are from, and understand that in many countries of the world, discrimination against women and even more so, people with disabilities, is commonplace or even expected. But in western democracies, the concept that all are equal is a generally held value, enshrined in law, and hard won from civil rights movements.
    Last edited by Jimcanuck; 01-13-2018 at 07:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    It's not a whole lot different from "Why are we hiring all these women?" or "Who invited the deaf people to this party?"

All are discriminatory statements, and what Trump said is discriminatory on the basis of race i.e., racism.

I do not know where you are from, and understand that in many countries of the world, discrimination against women and even more so, people with disabilities, is commonplace or even expected. But in western democracies, the concept that all are equal is a generally held value, enshrined in law, and hard won from civil rights movements.
    Jim, try telling your wife you're moving to Africa; pick your country. Most likely she's going to be seriously concerned about safety, disease, quality of life, etc... it'll be her first reaction (or would for most)

She's not thinking: "I'll have to live with all those black people".. or you'd hope not.

Point is, it's a shithole generally speaking in terms of having to live there...or at least that's a generally accepted opinion here in the US

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Jim, try telling your wife you're moving to Africa; pick your country. Most likely she's going to be seriously concerned about safety, disease, quality of life, etc... it'll be her first reaction (or would for most)

She's not thinking: "I'll have to live with all those black people".. or you'd hope not.

Point is, it's a shithole generally speaking in terms of having to live there...or at least that's a generally accepted opinion here in the US
    Again, you miss the point, entirely.

Trump didn't say "Haiti is a shithole country." Which, while vulgar, is not necessarily incorrect, and consistent with your post.

He said "Why are we letting people from shithole countries come here?" which is focused on the people aspect, and what do the people of Haiti, El Salvador, and Africa have in common, in relation to Norway?

All Star
    Thanks
    Well we can at least agree that it's not something that the POTUS should be saying.

But it's another example of the masses crying racism. Even Dick P joined the party

Thanks
    Well we can at least agree that it's not something that the POTUS should be saying.

But it's another example of the masses crying racism. Even Dick P joined the party
    Read my edit.

All Star
    Thanks

Trump didn't say "Haiti is a shithole country." Which, while vulgar, is not necessarily incorrect, and consistent with your post.

He said "Why are we letting people from shithole countries come here?" which is focused on the people aspect, and what do the people of Haiti, El Salvador, and Africa have in common, in relation to Norway?
    I'll take a crack at it. They're all shithole countries where the government steals all the money and leave the masses poor and all that comes with that... and the other one is oil rich and spreads around the wealth to all their people. So basically they're polar opposites.

... or are you talking about race? Idk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 972 Posts
    I'll take a crack at it. They're all shithole countries where the government steals all the money and leave the masses poor and all that comes with that... and the other one is oil rich and spreads around the wealth to all their people. So basically they're polar opposites.

... or are you talking about race? Idk
    You're not allowed to look at it that way. It has to be about race cause that's what the mobs want it to be about. Fall in line!

Banned
    Thanks
    Connorp and some others just don't get it. Masai Ujiri's response is correct.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    So what's the story now... Donald Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels in 2006 and pays her $130,000 for her silence on the matter?
    The most interesting aspect of this story is it was broke by the Wall Street Journal, owned by Rupert Murdoch, who also owns Fox News.

Thanks

I'm from the Netherlands, but that isn't relevant to this conversation.

Again, if he was referring to the people when using the adjective "shithole", would he not of prefaced people with shithole instead of countries?
    It's clear that his statement is with regards to the countries being shitholes, and not the people. How easily some brains just jump to that racism conclusion is interesting to say the least, but is clearly misguided in disdain for him fueled by subjectively obtuse media personalities.

Your analogies with regards to the deaf and women are not equivalent to Trumps statement. Again, he did not allude to blacks or any race in his assanine statement.

Here's an analogy, racist or not?
    "Why are players allowed to hold-out from thier contracts in that shithole league?"
    Now if that statement is referring to the NFL, is it racist?
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maahfaace For This Useful Post:

Boxcar (01-13-2018),jaysblue (01-13-2018),Spanky99 (01-13-2018)

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Connorp and some others just don't get it. Masai Ujiri's response is correct.
    It's ironic how absolute liberals are in their views

Thanks
    I'm from the Netherlands, but that isn't relevant to this conversation.

Again, if he was referring to the people when using the adjective "shithole", would he not of prefaced people with shithole instead of countries?
    It's clear that his statement is with regards to the countries being shitholes, and not the people. How easily some brains just jump to that racism conclusion is interesting to say the least, but is clearly misguided in disdain for him fueled by subjectively obtuse media personalities.

Your analogies with regards to the deaf and women are not equivalent to Trumps statement. Again, he did not allude to blacks or any race in his assanine statement.

Here's an analogy, racist or not?
    "Why are players allowed to hold-out from thier contracts in that shithole league?"
    Now if that statement is referring to the NFL, is it racist?
    I didn't say they are equivalent. Anyway, your views are in the distinct minority on here and the broader environment. Not interested in a debate when opinions are entrenched.

Thanks
    I didn't say they are equivalent. Anyway, your views are in the distinct minority on here and the broader environment. Not interested in a debate when opinions are entrenched.
    Hmmm, is it even a debate if not with differing opinions? Or does your ability to change one's views predicate whether or not you will engage them?

Also, is that statement from my previous post racist or not?
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks
    The only thing i can say in Trump's defense is he may not be an overt racist person, but a very flawed human being with many unfortunate subconscious biases. And since he acts and speaks and types in an unfiltered manner, those biases constantly are exposed.

Thanks
    Hmmm, is it even a debate if not with differing opinions? Or does your ability to change one's views predicate whether or not you will engage them?

Also, is that statement from my previous post racist or not?
    No the statement is not racist nor is it in any way close to what Trump said other than the use of the word shithole.

A statement closer to what Trump said is "Why are blacks and hispanics allowed to play in that shithole league"

All Star
    Thanks
    The only thing i can say in Trump's defense is he may not be an overt racist person, but a very flawed human being with many unfortunate subconscious biases. And since he acts and speaks and types in an unfiltered manner, those biases constantly are exposed.
    He'd be better owning up to what he says and explaining..maybe it'd make it worse though..idk