• PIT 1
    CHC 10
    In Progress
    Middle 4th
  • BAL 1
    TB 3
    In Progress
    End 4th
  • MIL 6
    CIN 1
    In Progress
    Top 3rd
  • TEX 1
    MIN 0
    In Progress
    Top 3rd
  • CWS 0
    KC 0
    In Progress
    Top 2nd
  • COL 0
    WSH 0
    Warmup
    8:40 PM ET
  • ARI 0
    SD 0
    Pre-Game
    9:40 PM ET
  • LAA
    TOR
    Preview
    10:07 PM ET
  • SF 0
    LAD 0
    Pre-Game
    10:15 PM ET
Page 723 of 723 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723
Results 11,553 to 11,561 of 11561

Thread: Politics Thread

  1. #11553
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,095
    Thanks
    1,871
    Thanked 7,212 Times in 4,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    The National Front and Marine Le Pen will always by tainted by the memory of her father and the history of the party - it was a racist right wing fringe party, like the BNP in Britain. They are much more toned down now, hence why she came second in the initial vote, but it's unlikely the party could ever appeal in large numbers to left leaning voters.

    Her party is still the most right wing of the parties in France by a long way, with anti immigrant policies, and supporting things like the reintroduction of the death penalty. Their most controversial policy is the "French first" where things like jobs, housing, school places, and benefits should go to French nationals before they get to "foreigners".
    Pardon my ignorance, and I'm really not trying to be an asshole, but why is that controversial?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  2. #11554
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,095
    Thanks
    1,871
    Thanked 7,212 Times in 4,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    You know, I never quite got that. I get being a Holocaust denier in Germany or the Middle East or even in North America where they were kind of disconnected from what was going on. But a Holocaust denier in France? The Germans marched down the streets of Paris bitch. Hitler wiped his ass with the Treaty of Versailles there. A Frenchman as a Holocaust denier, especially one who was alive to see that shit happen first hand has to be the ultimate in cuckery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  3. #11555
    Blue Chip Prospect Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 219 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, and I'm really not trying to be an asshole, but why is that controversial?
    No worries.

    It's a policy that would determine eligibility based on an arbitrary factor (i.e. the person's place of birth), rather than specific individual circumstances;
    it's illegal discrimination under EU law;
    it's illegal discrimination under French law.

  4. #11556
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,095
    Thanks
    1,871
    Thanked 7,212 Times in 4,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    No worries.

    It's a policy that would determine eligibility based on an arbitrary factor (i.e. the person's place of birth), rather than specific individual circumstances;
    it's illegal discrimination under EU law;
    it's illegal discrimination under French law.
    Ok, I misunderstood, I think. What I think:

    If that means all of those things (jobs, housing, etc.) go to French citizens before refugees I think that is a perfectly valid position.

    If she simply means people born in France get access to those things before legal immigrants, that's a problem.

    At some point someone has to be honest about this refugee crisis. The vast majority of refugees are not even coming from Syria. Why do so many from Algeria, Morocco, Bangladesh, etc. get to piggyback off a real humanitarian crisis in Syria? Also, why are there so few women and children?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  5. #11557
    Blue Chip Prospect bendera3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,178
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 295 Times in 177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    they use ground up tires to make playground surface for kids here. They can color it and it saves a lot of injuries because of the elasticity. Not sure how it would work for roads since it has this flexible property.

    if you can remember the name of the doc I'd love to watch it.


    found one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34kp0Il9l_c

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZypekUGIus0
    It was years ago. I think I was still in college at the time so probably 8 or 9 years ago.

    They use tires for playgrounds and tracks here too. I imagine for roads the mixture would be different. The machine would basically chisel the old road down, mix in the rubbery solution thing and out the back came the new road. It was really cool to watch.

  6. #11558
    Blue Chip Prospect Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 219 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Ok, I misunderstood, I think. What I think:

    If that means all of those things (jobs, housing, etc.) go to French citizens before refugees I think that is a perfectly valid position.

    If she simply means people born in France get access to those things before legal immigrants, that's a problem.
    Yeah it's the latter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    At some point someone has to be honest about this refugee crisis. The vast majority of refugees are not even coming from Syria. Why do so many from Algeria, Morocco, Bangladesh, etc. get to piggyback off a real humanitarian crisis in Syria? Also, why are there so few women and children?
    That's not really an accurate summary. The biggest percentage of refugees are from Syria, because their country's infrastructure has basically been destroyed. But there are still lots of other countries that people are desperate enough to attempt to flee into Europe from, the biggest being Iraq and Afghanistan.



    The biggest reason why more women and children don't make the journey is that it's incredibly dangerous. Thousands of people drown every year. However, if you're desperate, the dream is you make it without dying, your asylum claim is accepted, and then you can bring your family over legally in a year or two.

  7. #11559
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,989
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    You know, I never quite got that. I get being a Holocaust denier in Germany or the Middle East or even in North America where they were kind of disconnected from what was going on. But a Holocaust denier in France? The Germans marched down the streets of Paris bitch. Hitler wiped his ass with the Treaty of Versailles there. A Frenchman as a Holocaust denier, especially one who was alive to see that shit happen first hand has to be the ultimate in cuckery.
    Or did they?

  8. #11560
    Big Leaguer Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,975
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 653 Posts
    We need more pictures of the refugees turning the streets of Paris into a garbage dump ITT.

    The movement of refugees is natural selection at its finest. You have the strongest, able-bodied (usually) young men coming to your country who are willing to do just about anything to stay and you let them roam the streets of Paris selling shitty trinkets to annoyed tourists? Sorry that's a failing of the politicians. Anyone who has ever spoken to a nun knows that idle hands are the tools of the devil. Instead of looking at the refugee movement as a crisis to stop, it should be looked at as an opportunity to exploit. Except the antifa commie protesters and SJW retards would balk at the situation being presented so harshly.

    I don't know how it is in France regarding farm workers, but I know we are at a critical shortage of those types of people in Canada. Fatass westerners don't want to do such work, and if they are educated enough to have a cushy office job, why should they? I love stories like these, and there should be much more of this:

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...lley-1.4010922

    If I was one of these politicians I'd say let them come, but we are keeping them the hell away from the cities except for the ones who are educated. The rest of them, most of whom grew up in rural settings and have some knowledge of agriculture, get to work on farms. It should be a good enough compromise between the globalists and the nationalists.

  9. #11561
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,420
    Thanks
    265
    Thanked 838 Times in 638 Posts
    Legislating a class structure to society is always a good idea. Has worked well in other places, such as Nazi Germany.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •