Page 884 of 911 FirstFirst ... 384784834874882883884885886894 ... LastLast
Results 14,129 to 14,144 of 14574

Thread: Politics Thread

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Jim, my issue with simple-minded individuals like yourself is that you get sucked up by these headlines and lack any ability to objectively analyze anything you read.

The US made a statement that they opposed the death penalty for being gay etc but it appears they voted against the bill because it was broadly against the death penalty in general.

Perhaps you know more about the bill than this article elaborates on but I doubt it. Seems like the article was written a certain way to advance an agenda and get sheeps like yourself on-board

2. The Following User Says Thank You to connorp For This Useful Post:

Terminator (10-05-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,246 Posts
    connor calling someone dumb? That's a spicy fucking lol.

All Star
    Thanks
    Actually I don't think Jim is dumb so I should've probably swapped "simple-minded" with "narrow-minded".
    I think even smart people can be susceptible to being easily influenced. Jim is a sheep though.

All Star
    Thanks
    At least the article told the truth though. They just buried it until the end hoping after reading the headline and first few paragraphs you wouldn't keep scrolling down past all the pictures and everything to actually finish reading it.

Blue Chip Prospect Rusty_Savage's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think, given the things Trudeau has said and the motions he's set forward, that he's the bigger tyrant of the two. Trudeau has actually set forth plans to limit our freedom of expression.
    Fair enough but I disagree. Fact is neither is close to being a tyrant and never will be. Maybe I'm more partial to Trudeau because he doesn't run the government akin to the Ringling Bros

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Jim, my issue with simple-minded individuals like yourself is that you get sucked up by these headlines and lack any ability to objectively analyze anything you read.

The US made a statement that they opposed the death penalty for being gay etc but it appears they voted against the bill because it was broadly against the death penalty in general.

Perhaps you know more about the bill than this article elaborates on but I doubt it. Seems like the article was written a certain way to advance an agenda and get sheeps like yourself on-board
    Here is the resolution if you care to read it. It doesn't advocate for the abolition of the death penalty. http://undocs.org/A/HRC/36/L.6

The US voted against it along with a bunch of states with shitty human rights records.

All Star
    Thanks
    Here is the resolution if you care to read it. It doesn't advocate for the abolition of the death penalty. http://undocs.org/A/HRC/36/L.6

The US voted against it along with a bunch of states with shitty human rights records.
    Lol. Just stop. It looks to abolish the death penalty for a very broad range of people and circumstances. No surprise US would won't against it. The US is at the forefront of advancing the gay agenda and if they voted against a bill like you were presenting it as, I would've looked out my window for flying pigs

Thanks
    Lol. Just stop. It looks to abolish the death penalty for a very broad range of people and circumstances. No surprise US would won't against it. The US is at the forefront of advancing the gay agenda and if they voted against a bill like you were presenting it as, I would've looked out my window for flying pigs
    5. Urges States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that the death penalty is not applied against persons with mental or intellectual disabilities and persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, as well as pregnant women;

6. Also urges States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that it is not imposed as a sanction for specific forms of conduct such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations;

There's the circumstances right there connor. Which do you disagree with? Pregnant women?

All Star
    Thanks
    5. Urges States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that the death penalty is not applied against persons with mental or intellectual disabilities and persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, as well as pregnant women;

6. Also urges States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that it is not imposed as a sanction for specific forms of conduct such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations;

There's the circumstances right there connor. Which do you disagree with? Pregnant women?
    Way to cherry pick. Wasn't sure you'd go there or I would've quoted same things and said if they left it at that it'd be fine

Thanks
    Way to cherry pick. Wasn't sure you'd go there or I would've quoted same things and said if they left it at that it'd be fine
    Not cherry picking at all. Read the whole thing, those two clauses are the only specific exclusions mentioned.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,850 Posts
    Well, Jim, looks like your investigative genius strikes again. Not sure how Trump will recover from you revealing that he plans to kill all the gays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

All Star
    Thanks
    I did read the whole thing. Textbook why the death penalty is "bad". Disproportionately applied to minorities and people from poor economic backgrounds blah blah

They don't even mask the fact that their goal is to abolish death penalty altogether when they talk about needing to address the "question of the death penalty"

All Star
    Thanks
    A recent example Jim would be when Dems feared Trump would package his wall in the hurricane relief funding bill. So if you vote against it, you're against hurricane relief. It's crappy politics that the average Joe can see through on both sides. It's why everyone in US hates politicians and why they're voting for anti-establishment

Thanks
    A recent example Jim would be when Dems feared Trump would package his wall in the hurricane relief funding bill. So if you vote against it, you're against hurricane relief. It's crappy politics that the average Joe can see through on both sides. It's why everyone in US hates politicians and why they're voting for anti-establishment
    The anti-establishment that wants to spend $40B to build a useless fucking wall. Oh, but maybe with solar panels, cool.

Get your head out of your ass, connor. Trump is a fucking idiot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,821 Times in 1,081 Posts
    Today, the Trump administration voted against a UN resolution banning the death penalty for homosexuality.

Along with Iraq, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia.
    This is stupid Jim.
    Why mention those three countries, but leave out China, India and Japan.
    And you know how politics works, right? Those probably weren't the only two things in the bill that the US voted against?
    And I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming you didn't see the disclaimer the US made, where they decried any of those activities even being illegal?

All Star
    Thanks
    The anti-establishment that wants to spend $40B to build a useless fucking wall. Oh, but maybe with solar panels, cool.

Get your head out of your ass, connor. Trump is a fucking idiot.
    I'm not a sheep. I make up my own mind and dont let headlines mold my views. I only defend Trump when you pansy liberals want to focus on something he said that wasnt PC, or this Russia crap, or these articles about what his kids did in 2013.

I see Trump as a positive for the economy. But he's weak on big platform items like healthcare and tax reform. It's really hard to determine if he even knows what he's talking about. It seems like whatever they put in front of him, he's like "best plan ever, the greatest", then when it doesnt hold up he talks about how shitty it was. Republicans are a complete shit show but I dont think he's to blame there. I dont know who would be able to fix it really.