Page 886 of 937 FirstFirst ... 386786836876884885886887888896936 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,176 of 14991

Thread: Politics Thread

  1. #14161
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I'm for openly believing the the world is 20 years old but don't use legislation to push that shit on your employees. Freedom of religion should also mean freedom from religion.

    I really hate that religious people are still such a large voting bloc in the States.
    Being against abortion isn't just a religious issue. Some people view the fetus as a human, with rights.

  2. #14162
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Ya, companies like Hobby Lobby and Chik fila are two examples of companies who objected to bc being covered. There are so many benefits to bc covered but they can't look past thinking that they are paying for tramps to have premarital sex. Because only sluts use birth control! Godly women should want to make babies with their husbands.
    The thing is, employers in the US don't have to pay for healthcare at all. They have no legal obligation to do so.
    So, what we're saying is that it's OK for employers to offer no healthcare, but not OK for employers to offer a health care package that does not include abortion?

    And in both of your examples, so what if they don't offer vaccines or blood transfusions.
    This is not about employers not providing birth control. This is about employers singling out birth control, because that mindset is not allowed to exist, because obviously if you are against abortions you must hate women.

  3. #14163
    Prospect Cookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 41 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    The thing is, employers in the US don't have to pay for healthcare at all. They have no legal obligation to do so.
    So, what we're saying is that it's OK for employers to offer no healthcare, but not OK for employers to offer a health care package that does not include abortion?

    And in both of your examples, so what if they don't offer vaccines or blood transfusions.
    This is not about employers not providing birth control. This is about employers singling out birth control, because that mindset is not allowed to exist, because obviously if you are against abortions you must hate women.
    you're the only one talking about abortions. But if you cover birth control we can sure cut out a lot of those abortions.

  4. #14164
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,425
    Thanks
    3,589
    Thanked 12,642 Times in 7,555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    you're the only one talking about abortions. But if you cover birth control we can sure cut out a lot of those abortions.
    I don’t really buy the idea that birth rates would skyrocket as a result of employers not funding birth control. You can get 200 condoms for like $40 on Amazon. That isn’t a prohibitive expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  5. #14165
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,939
    Thanks
    2,459
    Thanked 6,783 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Condoms are the worst tho

  6. #14166
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I don’t really buy the idea that birth rates would skyrocket as a result of employers not funding birth control. You can get 200 condoms for like $40 on Amazon. That isn’t a prohibitive expense.
    Have you ever had sex?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

    jays4life19 (10-06-2017)

  8. #14167
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    you're the only one talking about abortions. But if you cover birth control we can sure cut out a lot of those abortions.
    Ahh, right. Ok, but the principal still stands.
    Some employers feel birth control is a frivolous expense. Just like viagara or cosmetic surgery.
    Why should they be allowed to offer no health care, but not allowed to offer health care without birth control?

  9. #14168
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,425
    Thanks
    3,589
    Thanked 12,642 Times in 7,555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Have you ever had sex?
    I hope to someday.

    If people can’t afford more desireable methods of birth control, and won’t use affordable methods because it doesn’t feel good, I think that outrage directed at employers for increased birth rates is being misplaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  10. #14169
    Prospect Cookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 41 Times in 25 Posts
    I'd like to see health care for all and it shouldn't be tied to employment unless it's some sort of extended benefits package. But the US is no where close to having any kind of universal health care so, baby steps I guess. I don't know what the right answer is but if you offer some it should be the whole deal, no picking and choosing. People can make their own decisions with their doctors, they don't need their bosses in there too. If you don't like BC, don't get it.

  11. #14170
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,256
    Thanks
    2,116
    Thanked 7,926 Times in 4,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Being against abortion isn't just a religious issue. Some people view the fetus as a human, with rights.
    So wouldn't that push them to be in favour of providing BC, since it would reduce the number of abortions?

    I understand the abortion debate, I don't see this as being about abortion, but rather premarital sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

  12. #14171
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,256
    Thanks
    2,116
    Thanked 7,926 Times in 4,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Condoms are the worst tho
    Especially for guys who are circumsized apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

  13. #14172
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,256
    Thanks
    2,116
    Thanked 7,926 Times in 4,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Ahh, right. Ok, but the principal still stands.
    Some employers feel birth control is a frivolous expense. Just like viagara or cosmetic surgery.
    Why should they be allowed to offer no health care, but not allowed to offer health care without birth control?
    Birth control treats more than just no baby sexy times. My gf has been using it for years to treat acne and also to regulate her period
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

  14. #14173
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Birth control treats more than just no baby sexy times. My gf has been using it for years to treat acne and also to regulate her period
    That's a good point. I concede. BC Pills yes. No diaphragms, condoms or viagara/cialis though.

  15. #14174
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,256
    Thanks
    2,116
    Thanked 7,926 Times in 4,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    That's a good point. I concede. BC Pills yes. No diaphragms, condoms or viagara/cialis though.
    I do understand your argument and it is certainly a fair one. I am usually for liberty but I am also in big favour of corporate regulation. I don't care about the vast majority of things that fembots complain about but this thing has an air of discrimination to it and I think that's what doesn't sit right with me. It's ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

  16. #14175
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Nah, you hate feminists and government forcing people to do things.
    You just hate religion more.

  17. #14176
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,256
    Thanks
    2,116
    Thanked 7,926 Times in 4,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Nah, you hate feminists and government forcing people to do things.
    You just hate religion more.
    I dunno if that's completely accurate but it's not far enough off that I'll argue about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •