Page 893 of 937 FirstFirst ... 393793843883891892893894895903 ... LastLast
Results 14,273 to 14,288 of 14991

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 811 Posts
    Fuck. Now I want to become a billionaire just to buy an NFL team. Play Deutschland, Deutschland über alles before every game and force those fucks to stand to it.

I totally understand unabashed greed and the need to hoard as much money as possible now. Billions beyond what I need to comfortably survive. The amount of trolling I could do in this world with that kind of cash...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,926 Times in 4,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Thanks for this super racist and unnecessary aside.
    How is this super racist?
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Boxy has continuously supported the 1st amendment, which is why it is hypocritical for him to constantly criticize these players, and owners, and a growing number of others.

It will end badly for you (probably lose your job), and rightfully so. But I won't attack your right to say stupid things. Knock yourself out.

What the players are doing (peaceful protest) is not even remotely comparable.
    Jesus Christ.

I support their ability to carry out this protest. Not once have I ever said that they should not be allowed to carry out this protest. I think they are stupid as fuck for doing it.

How do you not understand the difference?
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    The only time i had an altercation with an officer worth mentioning is May 2-4 weekend in Grand Bend. Walking down a street, sloshed, looking for my sister's house (in the area of the Bend called the Jungle), police car pulls up beside me "where are you going?", "To the jungle", "No you arent". Taken to the station, i said i wanted to call a lawyer and asked for a phone book. 15 minutes of looking through the book, taking my time, then they said, thats enough time, grabbed me by the arms, i yelled out "Hey wait a minute" which is when wham, wham, wham to the back of the legs.

Let me out next morning no charges. Bruises the size of grapefruits in the back of the legs.

Bullshit.
    I agree. Thanks for letting us know so we didn't have to call it for ourselves.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,642 Times in 7,555 Posts
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia...over-rap-beats

This stuff is kind of fascinating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,783 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Please God make this a TV event:

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump, scorned by reports that Rex Tillerson called him a "fucking moron" earlier this year, told Forbes in an interview released Tuesday that he has a higher IQ than his secretary of state.

The comment underscores the volatility between the two men after multiple reports that their relationship has frayed over the secretary of state's comment. Trump and Tillerson, along with Secretary of Defense James Mattis, will have lunch together at the White House on Tuesday afternoon.
    "I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests," Trump said. "And I can tell you who is going to win."

Thanks
    Please God make this a TV event:

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump, scorned by reports that Rex Tillerson called him a "fucking moron" earlier this year, told Forbes in an interview released Tuesday that he has a higher IQ than his secretary of state.

The comment underscores the volatility between the two men after multiple reports that their relationship has frayed over the secretary of state's comment. Trump and Tillerson, along with Secretary of Defense James Mattis, will have lunch together at the White House on Tuesday afternoon.
    "I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests," Trump said. "And I can tell you who is going to win."
    You'd think the guy would've grown a thicker skin but I guess he's always been surrounded by yes men.

Btw, thx for accusing me of being a racist without following up. Really charitable of you.

Thanks
    Calling a bunch of black guys illiterate is racist, you're welcome.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    I think you guys are misunderstanding first amendment rights.
    Of course these players have a right to kneel and express themselves - on their own time.

They're getting paid a shit load of money, and while they're on the job, they do what the owner tells them to do.
    Of course, it's their right not to, just as it's the owner's right to fire/fine/bench them if they don't do as they are told.

I don't like people eating pork, but when I am at work, I don't make a big show of it, and criticize clients who eat pork during lunch n' learns.
    When we are at work, we need to reign in some of our opinions. If we don't like that, we can find a new job.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    I don't like people eating pork, but when I am at work, I don't make a big show of it.
    Is this just a weird analogy or actually something you're averse to? If it's the latter, I want a detailed explanation.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,642 Times in 7,555 Posts
    Of course these players have a right to kneel and express themselves - on their own time.

They're getting paid a shit load of money, and while they're on the job, they do what the owner tells them to do.
    Of course, it's their right not to, just as it's the owner's right to fire/fine/bench them if they don't do as they are told.

I don't like people eating pork, but when I am at work, I don't make a big show of it, and criticize clients who eat pork during lunch n' learns.
    When we are at work, we need to reign in some of our opinions. If we don't like that, we can find a new job.
    Are you a mooslum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Is this just a weird analogy or actually something you're averse to? If it's the latter, I want a detailed explanation.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (10-10-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Mostly just a weird analogy.
    But, not totally.

Here's your explanation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J11lsLm_fJA

Thanks
    But, not totally.

Here's your explanation:
    Those poor, delicious animals.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,953 Times in 6,106 Posts
    But, not totally.

Here's your explanation:
    Had a feeling it was going to be this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks

Not that simple in a unionized environment. If the contract covered this type of behaviour, then the Owners can take action without liability concern. Any owner that tries to take action outside of what the contract covers is risking litigation.

I am sure there have been emails flying back and forth between NFL and player's association brass for the past several weeks.