Page 894 of 937 FirstFirst ... 394794844884892893894895896904 ... LastLast
Results 14,289 to 14,304 of 14991

Thread: Politics Thread

  1. #14289
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,631
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 960 Times in 732 Posts
    Trump makes fun of Bob Corker's height today "liddle bob corker"

    It used to be said, anyone can grow up to be President. Nowadays, you don't even have to grow up.

  2. #14290
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,939
    Thanks
    2,459
    Thanked 6,783 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Trump makes fun of Bob Corker's height today "liddle bob corker"

    It used to be said, anyone can grow up to be President. Nowadays, you don't even have to grow up.
    How the fuck does a Cheeto with a comb-over make fun of anyone's appearance?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    Rusty_Savage (10-10-2017)

  4. #14291
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,256
    Thanks
    2,116
    Thanked 7,926 Times in 4,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Calling a bunch of black guys illiterate is racist, you're welcome.
    It's racist if I called them illiterate *because* they are black, but I didn't. I guess you just assumed the worst of me, which is pretty shitty.

    As a rule, I think the vast majority of athletes are very stupid people who got lucky that they landed gifted bodies. I've said this for a long time. Your assumption on my part that I think black people are illiterate is extremely uncharitable.

    The sarcastic "you're welcome" at the end like it was obvious is not appreciated either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

  5. #14292
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,939
    Thanks
    2,459
    Thanked 6,783 Times in 4,265 Posts
    I consulted my local chapter of BLM, and they agreed that it was not only a microaggression, but a macroaggression. Expect a sit-in in front of your place of work until your employer acquiesces and fires you.

  6. #14293
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,425
    Thanks
    3,589
    Thanked 12,642 Times in 7,555 Posts
    You two should meet up and engage in hand to hand combat, then have a beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  7. #14294
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Not that simple in a unionized environment. If the contract covered this type of behaviour, then the Owners can take action without liability concern. Any owner that tries to take action outside of what the contract covers is risking litigation.

    I am sure there have been emails flying back and forth between NFL and player's association brass for the past several weeks.
    Yes, but union protections are quite different from first amendment rights.

  8. #14295
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,664
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 811 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    You two should meet up and engage in hand to hand combat, then have a beer.

  9. #14296
    DONOR BigCecil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    7,087
    Thanks
    2,137
    Thanked 3,010 Times in 1,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Mr. DP...been meaning to ask you about this. You once espoused a theory OTB that Trump might be the one guy, given his unique positioning, who could actually get something done on responsible gun control measures. LV provides the impetus for some moves like that. Do you think it still might happen? I am hugely skeptical. I don't know even if they will touch bump stocks. NRA railing against it now after some initial reporting they were open to changes on that sliver of action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Trump's existence as POTUS helps keeps balance on this message board.

  10. #14297
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,631
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 960 Times in 732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Yes, but union protections are quite different from first amendment rights.
    Oh, really? lol

    I was responding to the part of your post about owners firing, fining, or benching players that exercise their 1st amendment rights. Without language in the contract to back it up, any owner that does that will be fucked, and fucked hard.

  11. #14298
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,641
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 2,602 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Oh, really? lol

    I was responding to the part of your post about owners firing, fining, or benching players that exercise their 1st amendment rights. Without language in the contract to back it up, any owner that does that will be fucked, and fucked hard.
    Firing or fining, probably. I'm not sure how benching them would cause the owner any legal issues though. The players are still being paid. I assume there's nothing in the contracts that say they HAVE to play in the games.

  12. #14299
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,631
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 960 Times in 732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Firing or fining, probably. I'm not sure how benching them would cause the owner any legal issues though. The players are still being paid. I assume there's nothing in the contracts that say they HAVE to play in the games.
    True unless it can be shown under the balance of probabilities test of civil disputes that the benching is due to the kneeling.

  13. #14300
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,641
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 2,602 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    True unless it can be shown under the balance of probabilities test of civil disputes that the benching is due to the kneeling.
    I still don't think it matters. Again, the player is being paid. A coach can basically bench a player for any reason they like.

    Where the problems would come might be in the ability to sign guys in the future.

  14. #14301
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,631
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 960 Times in 732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I still don't think it matters. Again, the player is being paid. A coach can basically bench a player for any reason they like.

    Where the problems would come might be in the ability to sign guys in the future.
    A lengthy benching could mean loss of future income. Case could be made.

  15. #14302
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,256
    Thanks
    2,116
    Thanked 7,926 Times in 4,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Off topic, but that's one of my all time favourite Beavis and Butthead episodes. "AHHHH! Don't touch me asswipe!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

  16. #14303
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,631
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 960 Times in 732 Posts
    Carter Page is going to plead the 5th.

    Hopefully Mueller already has sufficient evidence to force him to make a deal and spill the beans.

  17. #14304
    Blue Chip Prospect Rusty_Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 180 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Firing or fining, probably. I'm not sure how benching them would cause the owner any legal issues though. The players are still being paid. I assume there's nothing in the contracts that say they HAVE to play in the games.
    That's a great way to attract FA

    Edit - just seen your next post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •