Page 739 of 923 FirstFirst ... 239639689729737738739740741749789839 ... LastLast
Results 11,809 to 11,824 of 14761

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 2,153 Times in 1,340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    The Rock is undoubtedly much smarter than the current POTUS.
    But both are WWE Hall of Famers. The Rock devoted a huge portion of his life to it but The Donald merely dabbled in WWE yet still made the HoF. So who is smarter? The jabroni who dedicates a decade plus of his life to it or the guy who devoted a couple of weekends? Checkmate Dinger.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

BTS (05-11-2017),Dr. Dinger (05-11-2017),Gen.Disarray (05-11-2017),Spanky99 (05-12-2017)

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...president-rock

The Rock is starting to talk about running for President.
    He said a lot of very good things. I don't think a President has to have experience to be good, he/she just has to be level headed and surround themselves with the right people. Trump is extremely divisive and seems to only surround himself with yes men. If they aren't a yes man, they're a fired man.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-12-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,299 Times in 790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Last I heard the Rock was a Republican. He spoke at the Republican convention in 2000. Maybe that's changed.
    1. He's a black guy, or at least some form of visible minority and the Democrats will lap that up like dogs to fit their narrative. The window for the white male to be a Presidential candidate of the Democratic Party is over. Bernie was a Jew and even he was ousted from contention.

2. If he is serious about running in 2020, then the Democrats are the way to go if Trump/Pence isn't ousted by then.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,299 Times in 790 Posts
    But both are WWE Hall of Famers. The Rock devoted a huge portion of his life to it but The Donald merely dabbled in WWE yet still made the HoF. So who is smarter? The jabroni who dedicates a decade plus of his life to it or the guy who devoted a couple of weekends? Checkmate Dinger.
    Too bad the Presidential election takes place in November not April. I was so looking forward to the debate at Wrestlemania.

November...so what is that? Survivor Series I guess? Aptly named PPV for the debate. The buy rates will be legendary.

All Star
    Thanks
    Such a common theme. People denying that you can tell a lot about a person's intellect by listening to the words that they say and reading the words that they write.
    I don't see much that makes me think he's stupid. Maybe you could say something about maturity, tact, how a president is supposed to be behave ... something along those lines.

I personally think he's childish with the Twitter bit.

I don't really see much that makes him seem stupid unless you read the articles that make every effort to spin in that way

Thanks
    Thanked 1,825 Times in 1,085 Posts
    Trivia question:

Name a movie (non-documentary) featuring two future governors.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,715 Times in 4,226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Trivia question:

Name a movie (non-documentary) featuring two future governors.
    Predator.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,715 Times in 4,226 Posts
    and Running Man!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,007 Times in 1,903 Posts
    So Trump called Comey a "showboat" and "grandstander" today as one reason for firing him. Coming from Trump that's pure irony.

He told Lester Holt he spoke to Comey twice on the phone. Trump said he called him to ask if he was under investigation one of those times. He said Comey wanted to have dinner with him "so he could keep his job". Keeping in mind this is all Trump's version of events and that Comey is in charge of an investigation of Trump and associates campaign, doesn't this seem inappropriate? Trump admitted to speaking with Comey about an investigation that he is directly or indirectly involved in.

Some of the conservatives posters on the board made a large deal of the poor perception of Bill Clinton meeting on the AG airplane which is a fair point. (FWIW they both said the HRC investigation wasn't discussed).

In this case Trump admits to discussing this investigation with Comey. So the guy who wants his job meets with the POTUS whose campaign he is investigating...the POTUS asks him about the investigation. Whats Comey supposed to say? In content, action and perception this is appropriate. To top it all off he yucks it up with the Russians yesterday...the ones who hacked the US democratic process trying to influence the outcome. He has applied no penalty to them to respond to their actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Trump's existence as POTUS helps keeps balance on this message board.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigCecil For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-12-2017),Terminator (05-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,153 Times in 1,340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    So Trump called Comey a "showboat" and "grandstander" today as one reason for firing him. Coming from Trump that's pure irony.

He told Lester Holt he spoke to Comey twice on the phone. Trump said he called him to ask if he was under investigation one of those times. He said Comey wanted to have dinner with him "so he could keep his job". Keeping in mind this is all Trump's version of events and that Comey is in charge of an investigation of Trump and associates campaign, doesn't this seem inappropriate? Trump admitted to speaking with Comey about an investigation that he is directly or indirectly involved in.

Some of the conservatives posters on the board made a large deal of the poor perception of Bill Clinton meeting on the AG airplane which is a fair point. (FWIW they both said the HRC investigation wasn't discussed).

In this case Trump admits to discussing this investigation with Comey. So the guy who wants his job meets with the POTUS whose campaign he is investigating...the POTUS asks him about the investigation. Whats Comey supposed to say? In content, action and perception this is appropriate. To top it all off he yucks it up with the Russians yesterday...the ones who hacked the US democratic process trying to influence the outcome. He has applied no penalty to them to respond to their actions.
    You raise some fair points BC. A couple of things though. Trump as Commander-in-Chief and Comey's boss has to have interaction with Comey. There is no reason for Bill Clinton to meet with Lynch, especially when Bill's wife is confirmed to be under investigation. Also, Trump merely asked Comey if he was under investigation which is a reasonable question given the Russia hysteria going on in the press. Comey said no. So should Trump, who is not even under investigation, not meet or talk to Comey? If he's not even under investigation why not?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

LetTheBallFly (05-11-2017),o2cui2i (05-11-2017)

Thanks
    You raise some fair points BC. A couple of things though. Trump as Commander-in-Chief and Comey's boss has to have interaction with Comey. There is no reason for Bill Clinton to meet with Lynch, especially when Bill's wife is confirmed to be under investigation. Also, Trump merely asked Comey if he was under investigation which is a reasonable question given the Russia hysteria going on in the press. Comey said no. So should Trump, who is not even under investigation, not meet or talk to Comey? If he's not even under investigation why not?
    If Trump was innocent he wouldn't care one way or the other ie. would have no reason to ask. People that are guilty of something fear being found out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Such a common theme. People denying that you can tell a lot about a person's intellect by listening to the words that they say and reading the words that they write.
    Obama was exceptionally eloquent in his speaking and was a horrible president.

your point?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    If Trump was innocent he wouldn't care one way or the other ie. would have no reason to ask. People that are guilty of something fear being found out.
    I'd really like to know what point you are making? are you saying that Trump shouldn't care if he is being investigated? the Liberals are all stating that Trump is under investigation yet the FBI says he's not. Him asking makes sense. Of course he wants to know and so would you.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,428 Times in 7,452 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    Obama was exceptionally eloquent in his speaking and was a horrible president.

your point?
    Apparently somewhere north of your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Jimcanuck (05-12-2017),Spanky99 (05-12-2017)

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post

Well you could look at the same story another way and say why does it make sense to fire the guy trying to keep his job and eager to be your friend?.. when you know that when you do fire him it will inevitably lead to an uproar and all sorts of accusations.

The only thing that really makes sense would be the guy got fired because Trump didn't approve of job he's doing.

And as others said, where's the foul in asking if he's being investigated. You wouldn't want to know if you were?.. regardless if you were innocent or not?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,566 Times in 4,783 Posts
    Trump has now succeeded (to some degree) in multiple incredibly complex spheres of society: real estate, entertainment, and politics.

I think that very strongly implies that he has above average intelligence.

He might not be as smart as most past Presidents, and connorp makes a good point about maturity/tact/normal behaviour... but I would have to assume and concede that Trump is "smart". Not as smart as me (I have a 139 IQ) but probably smarter than you and Dinger.