Page 984 of 995 FirstFirst ... 484884934974982983984985986994 ... LastLast
Results 15,729 to 15,744 of 15910

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 12,851 Times in 7,671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    We've all called places shitholes. Get of your high horses.

Is it unprofessional for the President to say it? Of course.... But he's only doing it cause he knows the liberals are going to get so butthurt and it's funny. He's an amazing internet troll and they keep falling for it.
    Even granting that this is true, wouldn't the liberals still be justified in calling him a terrible leader? His job is to run the country. That involves bringing people together. If the POTUS is an internet troll who gets kicks from saying stupid thing, showing a lack of tact, and pissing of half of his country, he SHOULD be criticized for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Jimcanuck (01-12-2018),Rusty_Savage (01-12-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I don't think he's even a troll, I think he's just an ass. I don't think there's any kind of plan behind any of it.
    Yeah people thinking his Twitter outbursts have any thought behind them are giving him too much credit.

This wasnít even on Twitter, this was in a private meeting, just like when he said all Haitians have aids.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Even granting that this is true, wouldn't the liberals still be justified in calling him a terrible leader? His job is to run the country. That involves bringing people together. If the POTUS is an internet troll who gets kicks from saying stupid thing, showing a lack of tact, and pissing of half of his country, he SHOULD be criticized for it.
    This is the correct reaction.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 835 Posts
    I'm surprised that there's as much defense of this as there is here. Is Haiti a shithole? Yeah...that's pretty accurate. But Africa? The whole continent? That's a pretty big place with a diverse people and cultures and a lot of it is actually quite nice. The only thing the people really have in common is the majority of them have dark skin. There's nothing to be said about that comment other than it is racist, ignorant, stereotypical and hate-filled. Just because African-American culture promotes helplessness and victimhood doesn't mean the rest of the world's black people are like that.

Is it funny? Yes, mildly funny to a jerk like me. Is it a troll? Maybe, but not a very good one....Trump has done better than that. This is very blatant and I don't think it's merely a play to his base.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

Jimcanuck (01-12-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    I'm surprised that there's as much defense of this as there is here. Is Haiti a shithole? Yeah...that's pretty accurate. But Africa? The whole continent? That's a pretty big place with a diverse people and cultures and a lot of it is actually quite nice. The only thing the people really have in common is the majority of them have dark skin. There's nothing to be said about that comment other than it is racist, ignorant, stereotypical and hate-filled. Just because African-American culture promotes helplessness and victimhood doesn't mean the rest of the world's black people are like that.

Is it funny? Yes, mildly funny to a jerk like me. Is it a troll? Maybe, but not a very good one....Trump has done better than that. This is very blatant and I don't think it's merely a play to his base.
    Possibly your best post ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    "US President Donald Trump has reportedly lashed out at immigrants in a foul-mouthed Oval Office outburst that a UN spokesman later condemned as "shocking", "shameful" and "racist".

UN human rights spokesman Rupert Colville said: "If confirmed these are shocking and shameful comments from the president of the United States, I'm sorry but there is no other word for this but racist."

Mr Colville spoke of a 2016 presidential campaign speech in which Mr Trump called Mexican immigrants criminals and rapists, and to his response last year to a white supremacist march that ended in violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, when the president said "both sides" were to blame.

The UN official said such comments went against "universal values the world has been striving for" since the end of World War Two, and opened "the door to humanity's worst side"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 901 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    He absolutely should. And I don't disagree with anything you've said. But he seems to have created a situation where you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. He's trolling the media/liberals...and framed it up in a way where it's a witch hunt if you go after him and his supporters love him for it. Every stupid thing he says and gets criticized for galvanizes that support base that much more. It's really quite impressive from that standpoint. I mean, he can basically say anything he wants and his supporters won't turn on him. If that isn't some first rate brainwashing I don't know what is.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Yeah people thinking his Twitter outbursts have any thought behind them are giving him too much credit.

This wasn’t even on Twitter, this was in a private meeting, just like when he said all Haitians have aids.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure he wasn't trolling.

I think most people that are ok with the job Trump is doing are aware he's a douchebag and is unbecoming of a President...but presented with alternatives of what the status quo was, we tend to overlook it.

At the base of what he's saying is "America first" and it's a welcome change but he doesn't have to sound off like Mooch doing it.

So to recap, the policy is fine (even if you libs don't think so), how he presents it is definitely not

Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 901 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure he wasn't trolling.

I think most people that are ok with the job Trump is doing are aware he's a douchebag and is unbecoming of a President...but presented with alternatives of what the status quo was, we tend to overlook it.

At the base of what he's saying is "America first" and it's a welcome change but he doesn't have to sound off like Mooch doing it.

So to recap, the policy is fine (even if you libs don't think so), how he presents it is definitely not
    His biggest supporters are white first, America first, me first. We all know the type...we've heard them at the bar, going off about blacks, crime, laziness, the browns coming in and stealing jobs, the smell of their cooking, getting rid of all the towel heads cause they're all terrorists. There are A LOT of them...and they're eating this up.

I tend to agree that this wasn't trolling...this was really what he wants. He wants the white people from Norway, and other Scandinavian countries likely, which come across as the white collar professionals that he wants the country built on. Not the blacks, latinos, and browns that live in huts and slums. That's the stereotype Trump and his racist posse have in their minds and you won't convince them otherwise.

All Star
    Thanks
    That's a wild jump and not true. People on the right aren't racist. Trump got voted in on mass appeal whether you care to concede it or not.

The issue with the left and is they can't differentiate classism from racism. They can't comprehend Trump would prefer a college grad black guy over a trailer park white guy. It's the same for the base. It's not about skin color.

its like if you crack down on welfare it's racist because 75% of people on it are black (made up figures). You can make it about racism if you want but it's not about that

All Star
    Thanks
    If Norway was mostly black people and self sufficient I'm confident Trump would prefer them over a country like Haiti if it was mostly white.

Thanks
    That's a wild jump and not true. People on the right aren't racist. Trump got voted in on mass appeal whether you care to concede it or not.

The issue with the left and is they can't differentiate classism from racism. They can't comprehend Trump would prefer a college grad black guy over a trailer park white guy. It's the same for the base. It's not about skin color.

its like if you crack down on welfare it's racist because 75% of people on it are black (made up figures). You can make it about racism if you want but it's not about that
    TBF Krylian didnít say all Trump supporters are racist, just his biggest supporters (i.e. the ones who wonít even admit heís crass/inappropriate). The ones who see make America great again, as make America white again.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    TBF Krylian didn’t say all Trump supporters are racist, just his biggest supporters (i.e. the ones who won’t even admit he’s crass/inappropriate). The ones who see make America great again, as make America white again.
    He said his biggest supports are racist. I think that's pretty unfair

All Star
    Thanks
    Many of his "biggest supporters" may not shout it from the roof tops because of the mainstream kickback

Thanks
    He said his biggest supports are racist. I think that's pretty unfair
    Yeah, supporting Trump doesnít automatically make a person racist.

While I think he empowers racists with his policies and language, there are other legimate reasons to support him (even though I personally donít).

Thanks
    Thanked 6,845 Times in 4,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post

I'm confused... did you just write an anti-Trump post?