STL
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 718 of 757 FirstFirst ... 218618668708716717718719720728 ... LastLast
Results 11,473 to 11,488 of 12099

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 6,271 Times in 3,957 Posts
    WOULDN'T IT BE NICE IF WE HAD A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH RUSSIA FOR A CHANGE?

- Donald J. Trump

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/21/politi...ump/index.html

Thanks
    Thanked 7,293 Times in 4,546 Posts
    I thought the US Air Force had stopped using F-22s. Awesome, they are so bad ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 Times in 1,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    WOULDN'T IT BE NICE IF WE HAD A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH RUSSIA FOR A CHANGE?

- Donald J. Trump

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/21/politi...ump/index.html
    Is it better if we have a bad relationship with Russia? Would war with them be even better?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Is it better if we have a bad relationship with Russia? Would war with them be even better?
    It's better if you elect a president who already knew that a non-combative relationship with Russian is impossible while Putin is in charge. Instead, a man was elected who not only was under a very naive false impression, but is extremely irascible and already proven himself prone to military first strikes. Should go well.

Thanks
    It's better if you elect a president who already knew that a non-combative relationship with Russian is impossible while Putin is in charge. Instead, a man was elected who not only was under a very naive false impression, but is extremely irascible and already proven himself prone to military first strikes. Should go well.
    Yeah he said that but he's quickly changed his tune. Trump's been tougher on Russia than both Bush and Obama combined were. So you can get your panties in a bunch about some words a few months ago but Trump's actions have been far more strict.

Second, you must have hated Obama's Russian foreign policy. The Russian Reset, the wink and nod nuclear deal/photo op with Putin, telling Medvedev to tell Putin he'd have more flexibility for Russia after the election and getting caught on a hot mic, cracking jokes about Romney's tougher Russian stance during debates, drawing red lines and allowing Russia's client state to cross them with no repercussions whatsoever....I think you get the point. And Hillary was SoS for most of that as well. So despite some tough campaign rhetoric she never did anything about Russia when she had the chance. All talk, no action which I guess is what you prefer.

Thanks
    How exactly has he been tougher? Obama slapped billions of dollars in sanctions for Crimea, so far Trump has done literally nothing. Your entire premise is flawed.

Thanks
    How exactly has he been tougher? Obama slapped billions of dollars in sanctions for Crimea, so far Trump has done literally nothing. Your entire premise is flawed.
    How is it that my premise is flawed? You're the one saying Trump is weak in regards to Russia. And all you can bring up after the half-dozen things I showed Obama doing are some half-baked sanctions that had such little affect on Russia that they went ahead and started helping Assad bomb civilians in Syria. They had no affect on Russia at all. He annexed a whole peninsula from another country and your example of Obama being tough are sanctions that didn't matter and were ignored as Russia started to expand it's global military operations.

But anyway, you act like Trump withdrew all those sanctions. Instead, he's kept all of those same exact sanctions in place. He's also bombed Russia's client state (Obama cowered even though his redline was crossed), his budget takes money from after school programs and redirects it to the Pentagon lol, he wants to advance the number of nukes and nuke technology, he is increasing military spending, his cabinet has taken a FAR tougher stance (SoS called relations an all-time low, UN Ambassador gave a scathing speech while holding a photo of dead kids right in the Russian ambassador's face - compare that to Hillary giving them a literal "Reset Button" lol). None of that is good for Putin.

Why do you care about Russia so much anyway? I personally can't believe liberals are still talking about them so much. Someone tracked Rachel Maddow's show and she lead with Russia every single day since the election with little exception. It's remarkable.

Thanks
    WTL;DGAF

Kk

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 6,972 Posts
    Can someone give me the cliffs on the Russia sanctions? I've done basically no research into this, but I seem to recall people (sargon for one, arguing that the left was too hard on Russia) argue extensively that there were billions in sanctions that were devastating to their ability to function properly. Is this not the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    I already posted two studies on the effects of the sanctions in this thread. Probably just search sanction or Crimea against my username.

Thanks
    Of course, Putin's vast personal fortune and stranglehold on Russia media means that he doesn't really care about the effects of the sanctions, because the people who are actually affected don't get a voice.

Thanks
    WTL;DGAF

Kk
    It's 3 paragraphs bud. And you suddenly DGAF? A few minutes ago you did. What changed?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Can someone give me the cliffs on the Russia sanctions? I've done basically no research into this, but I seem to recall people (sargon for one, arguing that the left was too hard on Russia) argue extensively that there were billions in sanctions that were devastating to their ability to function properly. Is this not the case?
    I think the second round of sanctions was pretty damn harsh. But that's just a general impression there's got to be something better than that.

Thanks
    It's 3 paragraphs bud. And you suddenly DGAF? A few minutes ago you did. What changed?
    Please don't confuse my pointing out Trump's many idiotic gaffes with me actually giving a fuck. I'm not here to debate. I'm here to drop embarrassing nuggets on Trump and then go back to my baseball-obsessed life.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

BTS (04-21-2017),Terminator (04-21-2017)

Thanks
    I think the second round of sanctions was pretty damn harsh. But that's just a general impression there's got to be something better than that.
    The only further recourse is war, which you are staunchly opposed to. And rightly so, nobody wants a war between the greatest nuclear powers. Maybe Trump can write him a email and say pretty please don't annex any more land.

Thanks
    Please don't confuse my pointing out Trump's many idiotic gaffes with me actually giving a fuck. I'm not here to debate. I'm here to drop embarrassing nuggets on Trump and then go back to my baseball-obsessed life.
    Ok well that makes sense then. We waste too much time here anyway so I feel ya on that.