• OAK 0
    SEA 0
    Pre-Game
    10:05 PM ET
  • LAD
    COL
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 1020 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 2052092097010101018101910201021102210301070 ... LastLast
Results 16,305 to 16,320 of 17687

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,730 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Murdered in cold blood... who fucking cares, right?
    What the fuck are you rambling about? You don't believe what you just implied do you Spanky?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,816 Times in 8,189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    Sorry BTS, I should've been more clear. My response wasn't directed at you, I was just using the article you posted and giving the other side of the story. Basically so that people like Jim can't run away with a bunch of false narratives after reading it.
    I didn't take offense - I appreciated you pointing out the disingenuous reporting
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 840 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    i don't see that's the case here. Preemptive challenges aren't just handed out to block natives from serving on cases with native on white crimes...while it's certainly always going to be spun that way. The challenges are meant to excuse jurors who are judged, by either the prosecution or defense, to be inacapable of remaining unbiased, or have already have a predetermined verdict in mind. There are of course other factors, but those are the biggest ones.
    You have a misunderstanding. What you are talking about is dismissal with cause. There are two ways to dismiss a potential juror. Dismissal with cause is one, and the number of dismissals with cause is unlimited. The justice has to agree with the move to dismiss with cause. Preemptory challenge is dismissal without cause ie. the juror has given no justification for dismissal with cause.

Again, using preemptory challenge to exclude all the jury candidates from a specific community, in this case native, that have shown no indication of bias, is wrong.

No doubt the defence attempted to get the 5 remaining native jury candidates dismissed with cause, and the justice disagreed. They then used preemptory challenge to achieve their goal of an all white jury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    A group of drunk teenage humans with a loaded gun show up at an elderly human' farm, who then have an altercation with that elderly human's family. The elderly human uses a firearm to try and get the group of drunk humans to leave and results in one of the drunk humans getting shot and dying.

Does that sound like murder to you?
    I need much more information before answering that question. For example, at the time of the fatal altercation, was the elderly human aware they had a loaded gun? This is why we have trials.

56 is not elderly.

And also, there were other charges for the jury's consideration, including manslaughter, which is often the conviction when someone dies from careless use of a firearm.

Thanks
    Thank you. I wasn't familiar with the case and I know that the Guardian is SJW trash these days. Can't really trust them to accurately report anything.

It's amazing how one sided these publications can be while still thinking of themselves as journalists. They are activists.

My biggest gripe with the article was actually reported accurately:

Can we just fire this fucking moron into the sun already? It's like he applies no thought to anything. "white guy kills native guy, must be racist! I need no additional facts to throw this citizen under the bus." A citizen, by the way, who provides food for this country we live in, a thankless job in itself. Then, some native bum driving around drunk goes on his property with a loaded weapon (I'd guess with the intention to burgle) and he's the victim here.

I wonder if he had a good cry afterwards.
    You bet. It's been a difficult case to follow with so much bullshit on both sides, but I figured I'd help paint a more clear picture with some facts from the trial. From there people can choose to use that information as they wish.

Thanks
    With respect to Trudeau's comments, which were not helpful, his comments do not come close to the pointed criticisms a certain PM Harper would regularly make on court decisions.

The people complaining the loudest about Trudeau are the same people that were silent when Harper did it.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,799 Times in 5,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    With respect to Trudeau's comments, which were not helpful, his comments do not come close to the pointed criticisms a certain PM Harper would regularly make on court decisions.

The people complaining the loudest about Trudeau are the same people that were silent when Harper did it.
    I did not like Harper and complained about him frequently. I voted for Trudeau. Are you retarded? This has nothing to do with Harper, stop being so hyper partisan all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

Banned
    Thanks
    Based upon thorough analysis of posts, 3 things have become clear:

1) Boxcar is a deeply, and irrationally angry individual with a clear bias toward "injustices" brought upon white people. Particularly white men.

2) Boxcar almost certainly had an abusive father for which he places a lot of blame on his mother.

3) The majority of the posters on here irrationally believe that Trumpism/SJWism will inevitably lead to a fascist/Marxist dystopian future.

For crying out loud people (especially Boxcar), get off the internet, go out and talk to actual humans. Especially humans with views that differ from your own.

Thanks
    You have a misunderstanding. What you are talking about is dismissal with cause. There are two ways to dismiss a potential juror. Dismissal with cause is one, and the number of dismissals with cause is unlimited. The justice has to agree with the move to dismiss with cause. Preemptory challenge is dismissal without cause ie. the juror has given no justification for dismissal with cause.

Again, using preemptory challenge to exclude all the jury candidates from a specific community, in this case native, that have shown no indication of bias, is wrong.

No doubt the defence attempted to get the 5 remaining native jury candidates dismissed with cause, and the justice disagreed. They then used preemptory challenge to achieve their goal of an all white jury.
    I'm not going to assume anything here, because you're you, but you're aware that both sides in a trial get to make preemptory challenges, right?

Thanks
    I did not like Harper and complained about him frequently. I voted for Trudeau. Are you retarded? This has nothing to do with Harper, stop being so hyper partisan all the time.
    Boxy, how in the fuck did what I write deserve the 'retarded' label?

Anytime you disagree with something, you throw out demeaning labels. It points to a serious character flaw.

Thanks
    I'm not going to assume anything here, because you're you, but you're aware that both sides in a trial get to make preemptory challenges, right?
    Listen, my caseload right now is 9 adjudications, 5 arbitrations, and 3 litigations.

Banned
    Thanks

Anytime you disagree with something, you throw out demeaning labels. It points to a serious character flaw.
    ^accurate

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    ^accurate
    Says the guy who likes to play internet psychoanalyst

Thanks

Yeah, my big flaw in this case is an intolerance for stupidity.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    For crying out loud people (especially Boxcar), get off the internet, go out and talk to actual humans. Especially humans with views that differ from your own.
    Lol how rich 😂

Thanks
    Yeah, my big flaw in this case is an intolerance for stupidity.
    my guess is BPD