Page 931 of 936 FirstFirst ... 431831881921929930931932933 ... LastLast
Results 14,881 to 14,896 of 14969

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 6,762 Times in 4,254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Hillary lost, man. Time to let go.
    Tell that to Trump, he still attempts to divert attention to her on the reg.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,174 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    Been fascinating to watch the speed and efficiency of the Muller probe. My "Russian dream" as Boxy dubbed is coming along nicely. Despite the best efforts of Trump and the fake news at Fox et al to lie/deny/dismiss facts what have we seen vis a via Trump and Russia and wikileaks? Clear evidence of at a minimum attempts to collude; conspiracy; cash washing; cooperation and whats is going to be obstruction of justice.

Reports today that Mueller has now subpoenaed Deutsche Bank on Trump finances. The plot thickens. Does anyone still really think there isn't a very powerful reason his tax returns have not been disclosed publically? The Trump defense is flailing all over the map politically and legally. For example, I wonder how many FBI agents ever wrote a text or made comments not flattering about HRC. Probably dozens. Now lawyers claiming to write incriminating tweets for Trump himself lol.

Indictments have come down already for Papa, Manafort and now Flynn. Not connected to Trump himself? Um...sure. Its na´ve to think Flynn's deal story is about lying to the FBI. The info he is giving up will be what this is all about. Its all going to come out and Trump and commentators at Breitbart and Fox can say whatever they like to try to survive politically a news cycle, but its going to be harder in the long game juxtaposed against evidence and fact in law. The Trump strategy right now is lie/deflect and hope that because impeachment is ultimately a political decision that the GOP majorities will be forced to provide him cover. As a pure political strategy it does have some merit, although not a shred of patriotism involved.

The evidence should be what ultimately dictates how this turns out and I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg on that. Trump has 2 options left. Hope the GOP can hold or retake the Congress/Senate 2018 (likely) or orchestrate the firing of Mueller and hope that that act won't have politically catastrophic consequences for him. Its a tough calculation but Trump will do it if he thinks otherwise letting Mueller continue is certain to yield worse. Right now he is banking on GOP backing, whatever is brought forward by Mueller.
    Hey bud, welcome back.

Why did you ignore the news about Strzok though? Seems like a really big deal that the top agent on both this and the Hillary investigation was busted for being politically motivated.

Thanks

I'm baffled by how many Canadians in this thread care so much about Trump or the American political system, especially when we have a clownish buffoon of our very own whose party literally thinks is too stupid to answer questions from the opposition. You don't live there. Who gives a shit?
    I get discussing Trump; he's a lightning rod for conversation. I think some people might have taken up an obsession with (hating) him though.

Thanks
    The Supreme Court ruled that Trump's travel ban could be implemented in full, 7-2. Obama appointee Kagan was among those who ruled in Trump's favor. I seem to remember a bunch of you dunking on Trump when the lower court blocked it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 808 Posts

I'm baffled by how many Canadians in this thread care so much about Trump or the American political system, especially when we have a clownish buffoon of our very own whose party literally thinks is too stupid to answer questions from the opposition. You don't live there. Who gives a shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    Why are you so personally invested in what other people spend their time on?

Who gives a shit?
    Because maybe he thinks that Canadians spending time focused on our goof will result in better election results next time around?

I am very optimistic about the next election. Scheer is far more palatable than Harper to the Red Tories and Blue Liberals. Singh seems like a good man (I just disagree with his politics) and he's going the grassroots method and that turban looks SO good to all the self-hating whites who would only ever vote red or orange. Morneau is a fucking creepy scam artist on the same level of any Republican getting trashed in the LOL thread no matter how much CBC tries to repress that fact. Trudeau is going to get shaved from both sides in the next election. Trudeau won't have the brand loyalty he had with the "anyone but Harper" crowd from the left who congregated around one strategic vote and all the center-right voters I assume have learned their lesson about ever protest-voting in that imbecile.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

Terminator (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Because maybe he thinks that Canadians spending time focused on our goof will result in better election results next time around?

I am very optimistic about the next election. Scheer is far more palatable than Harper to the Red Tories and Blue Liberals. Singh seems like a good man (I just disagree with his politics) and he's going the grassroots method and that turban looks SO good to all the self-hating whites who would only ever vote red or orange. Morneau is a fucking creepy scam artist on the same level of any Republican getting trashed in the LOL thread no matter how much CBC tries to repress that fact. Trudeau is going to get shaved from both sides in the next election. Trudeau won't have the brand loyalty he had with the "anyone but Harper" crowd from the left who congregated around one strategic vote and all the center-right voters I assume have learned their lesson about ever protest-voting in that imbecile.
    I can't wait to vote in this election. Scheer will Make Canada Great Again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

Dick_Pole (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,594 Times in 7,534 Posts
    Looking forward to voting Blue next election TBH.
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Boxcar (12-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,940 Times in 3,790 Posts
    I don't understand why Trudeau abandoned election reform so quickly. Forget the ethics of it, it just seems like poor strategy. It's like as soon as the Liberals got power again, they thought they had returned to their 90s strength. They should have pushed for a ranked ballot. No one stands to benefit more form that than the party that's right in the middle.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 808 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    I don't understand why Trudeau abandoned election reform so quickly. Forget the ethics of it, it just seems like poor strategy. It's like as soon as the Liberals got power again, they thought they had returned to their 90s strength. They should have pushed for a ranked ballot. No one stands to benefit more form that than the party that's right in the middle.
    Ugh....dude....don't you get it yet? It's because doing things other than posing for pics and smiling and sitting like a girl is hard. Pushing through electoral reform would have taken far too much effort. Coasting through a job, occasionally wagging the finger at international leaders who aren't feminist enough and spending tax payer's money is easy.

Silver spoon drama teachers groomed for this job no matter how lacking in qualifications need to be kept away from politics at all costs. Harper, Garneau, Mulcair....ANYONE would have been more qualified than this chump. I've been saying this for a while, it's too bad the rest of you needed half a term of this garbage to figure it out. Oh well, the stock market has been doing well over his term and now everyone gets to see what a turd this man is. He will be remembered only as a failure to live up to daddy's legacy like Pete Rose's kid. Hopefully he is punted to Tim Hudak-like oblivion in 2019. If the white male liberals mostly located in the GTA who post on this board are pretty unanimous in their (somewhat reluctant) blue vote, I'm pretty optimistic it will happen. So in a way it worked out for the best.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

Nabru (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    His focus groups told him to prioritize building upon his already robust sock collection instead. His advisers thought that showing off his cool socks to the various world leaders he meets would win big with Canadian voters. We'll see if this strategy pays off in the upcoming election.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,929 Posts
    Various parties have been promising election reform for a long time now only to abandon it. I believe the problem isn't a lack of desire or lies, but technical.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,940 Times in 3,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Various parties have been promising election reform for a long time now only to abandon it. I believe the problem isn't a lack of desire or lies, but technical.
    Well if the technical in this case means Constitutional Reform than yeah... I would abandon it too. You'd have an easier time repealing the U.S. Second Amendment than you would have getting all the provinces to sign off on a reform. I'm not actually sure if that IS what's required but I'm sure coming up with a proposal is considerably less than half the battle.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,669 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Looking forward to voting Blue next election TBH.
    Can't bring myself to vote for Scheer, just seems like a douchebag every which way.

If Bernier won the leadership election, that would make my decision much easier.

Singh seems pretty cool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Oh fuck off. Goins is a role player you dumb fuck.

Thanks
    Is this the end of Al Franken in the Senate?

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,231 Posts
    Trump officially recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Thoughts?

On one hand, everyone knows it's already the capital of Israel, so moving the embassy there and making it an official recognition seems like ...okay, whatever, not exactly a bombshell.

But when you take into account the peace process there and how this will obviously make Palestinians shit their collective pants, it could have a huge impact.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

20. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

Terminator (12-06-2017)

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Trump officially recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Thoughts?

On one hand, everyone knows it's already the capital of Israel, so moving the embassy there and making it an official recognition seems like ...okay, whatever, not exactly a bombshell.

But when you take into account the peace process there and how this will obviously make Palestinians shit their collective pants, it could have a huge impact.
    Trump thrives on pissing people off and creating controversy. If the embassy was already in Jerusalem, he'd probably move it to Tel Aviv.