Page 932 of 936 FirstFirst ... 432832882922930931932933934 ... LastLast
Results 14,897 to 14,912 of 14969

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 6,762 Times in 4,254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Trump officially recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Thoughts?

On one hand, everyone knows it's already the capital of Israel, so moving the embassy there and making it an official recognition seems like ...okay, whatever, not exactly a bombshell.

But when you take into account the peace process there and how this will obviously make Palestinians shit their collective pants, it could have a huge impact.
    I didn't even know this was a thing until this week. My thoughts are that Trump is going out of his way to antagonize Muslim countries. Hard to read it any other way. He was warned substantially against doing this and knew the potential consequences against the essentially non-existent benefits.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 808 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I didn't even know this was a thing until this week. My thoughts are that Trump is going out of his way to antagonize Muslim countries. Hard to read it any other way. He was warned substantially against doing this and knew the potential consequences against the essentially non-existent benefits.
    He had to secure the right-wing Zionist sect of the Jewish vote. This is 99.9% Republican anyways, but consider this as currency for the next time Trump shows empathy towards neo-Nazis or accidentally supports the Holohoax.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,092 Posts
    Yes. The idea that Trump is an anti-semite based on supporting Steve Bannon was ludicrous. The guy is a 100% Israeli cheerleader.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Hillary lost, man. Time to let go.
    The Trump election was illegitimate, that is becoming clear.
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Trump officially recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Thoughts?

On one hand, everyone knows it's already the capital of Israel, so moving the embassy there and making it an official recognition seems like ...okay, whatever, not exactly a bombshell.

But when you take into account the peace process there and how this will obviously make Palestinians shit their collective pants, it could have a huge impact.
    So much for his promise to bring peace to the middle east.

Also, when did US first become Israel first? The only thing this will do is reduce the safety of American citizens at home and abroad, and increase middle east tensions and violence.
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,174 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    He's doing a great job with his ME policy so far. Way better than his two predecessors. The Saudis are reforming and several Muslim countries are and have been in contact with the Jewish state and they are actually cooperating for the first time. They all have a similar goal in seeing that Obama's favorite Muslim country in Iran doesn't spread it's influence over the entire region. Trump picked the Saudis and it's working well so far. And he doesn't just kiss the Saudis ass either. Today he called for them to stop their blockade of Yemen.

Also, when did US first become Israel first? The only thing this will do is reduce the safety of American citizens at home and abroad, and increase middle east tensions and violence.
    More sky-is-falling talk. Muslims will bitch about this for a short period of time and then forget about it. Everyone knows Jerusalem is the capital no matter where the US puts it's Israeli embassy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 808 Posts
    And a Hillary election with clear interference against Bernie by the DNC and mainstream media bias against Trump would have resulted in a completely legitimate election in your eyes I suppose.

Oh no, the Russians helped expose what a POS Hillary Clinton is....what a breach of American democracy! How dare information not be suppressed and controlled solely by the American elites so they don't have full control over who gets elected!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    And a Hillary election with clear interference against Bernie by the DNC and mainstream media bias against Trump would have resulted in a completely legitimate election in your eyes I suppose.

Oh no, the Russians helped expose what a POS Hillary Clinton is....what a breach of American democracy! How dare information not be suppressed and controlled solely by the American elites so they don't have full control over who gets elected!
    Not only that but Hillary was paying for the Steele Dossier. This was a document that they knew was being sourced largely by Russian Kompromat. Jim, BC and all the other "muh Russia collusion" puppets will never say a peep about that though.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,919 Times in 4,939 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    Why are you so personally invested in what other people spend their time on?

Who gives a shit?
    I'm not? Why are you so personally invested on what I spend time on? Why do you give a shit? Did the irony of your dumb post hit you yet?
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks
    Ugh....dude....don't you get it yet? It's because doing things other than posing for pics and smiling and sitting like a girl is hard. Pushing through electoral reform would have taken far too much effort. Coasting through a job, occasionally wagging the finger at international leaders who aren't feminist enough and spending tax payer's money is easy.

Silver spoon drama teachers groomed for this job no matter how lacking in qualifications need to be kept away from politics at all costs. Harper, Garneau, Mulcair....ANYONE would have been more qualified than this chump. I've been saying this for a while, it's too bad the rest of you needed half a term of this garbage to figure it out. Oh well, the stock market has been doing well over his term and now everyone gets to see what a turd this man is. He will be remembered only as a failure to live up to daddy's legacy like Pete Rose's kid. Hopefully he is punted to Tim Hudak-like oblivion in 2019. If the white male liberals mostly located in the GTA who post on this board are pretty unanimous in their (somewhat reluctant) blue vote, I'm pretty optimistic it will happen. So in a way it worked out for the best.
    Not sure how many times I have to say sorry, you relentless cock.
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks

Obama bombed more middle eastern countries than any other president in history. Would be hard for Trump to not improve on that front.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,929 Posts
    The only way the election was illegitimate is if hackers CHANGED the votes or something imo. Otherwise it was Americans voting of their own free will, for whomever they wanted. Everyone, foreign and domestic try to influence what the voters think, media in particular. If people aren't willing to do their own research and go outside their little bubbles of comfort, then they have no right to complain when their guy ends up being exactly what people warned he'd be.

Thanks

Nomination process is not an election. You recall the GOP was looking to replace Trump as the candidate, after the convention. Nomination is according to party constitution not the laws of the US.

Yes, coordination with a foreign nation to influence a democratic election is treasonous.

Thanks
    Nomination process is not an election. You recall the GOP was looking to replace Trump as the candidate, after the convention. Nomination is according to party constitution not the laws of the US.

Yes, coordination with a foreign nation to influence a democratic election is treasonous.
    The nomination process is literally an election. I mean, holy shit lol.

Thanks
    The Hillary campaign paid a British spy to compile Russian Kompromat sourced from several Russian sources. The dossier was then spread to members of Congress, the media and the FBI. Those actions seem to fit your definition of treason.

Thanks
    The nomination process is literally an election. I mean, holy shit lol.
    He's not even a Democrat. Why does he chug their kool-aid so hard? Even the former head of the DNC said it was rigged.